Shaq Vs Timmy, who is realy more dominant?

Shaq Vs Timmy, who is realy more dominant?

Postby OG on Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:26 pm

Shaq in the 02' NBA finals of the sweep of the New Jersey Nets:

37 ppg/ 15 rpg/ 6 apg/ 5 bpg

Tim Dunkin in the competitive 6 games series of the 03' NBA Finals against the New Jersey Nets

26 ppg/ 14 rpg/ 6 apg/ 5 bpg

although both preformances were of MVP Type play, Tim put up his numbers with pure grace and fundumental skill, Shaq on the other hand, put up his numbers by imposing his dominance by sheer streanth and agility. Facing the undeniable facts, Shaq is the "Most Dominant Ever" (MDE), but Tim, Undeniably by his game 6 preformance in the Finals,
20pts/20rbs/10ast/8blks, is still the Big Fundumental, But hasnt done enough or realy hasnt proved himself to the leval of Shaq, to deserve any "self " Given Award, like Shaq's MDE Award that no one even argues with. It all depends on what the question is, on who will come out on top, but in the specific case, Shaq wins by a land slide. In this stage of both of their careers, If you want imeediate championships by force, the obvious pick is Shaq, Which is the exact player all GM's realy want, even San Antonio, (yes they would trade Tim for Shaq any day), but if you are looking out for the long term, you mights want to refer to, in Shaq's words, "The Big Fundumental", Tim Duncin. All in all though, at this point, Shaq will allways win over duncin on who a team would rather have. Thats the real decisive factor. But, if SpursFanatic50 is reading this, your timmy, in about 3 years, will be considered on the same level as but but just with a different style. But u know it and i know it, their has never been anyone quite like Shaquille O'Neil.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:09 am

Yes you're right. There will never be another Shaq.

Although I wouldn't trade Tim for Shaq. Never. Tim makes players around him better. That's why his numbers aren't as good as Shaq's. Did it matter to Tim about the Quadruple Double he almost had in game 6. No. It didn't matter.

When you say strength and agility, don't you mean bulk and traveling??
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Reddy on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:50 am

Shaq. is MDE.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:15 am

lol how blind is spurmsfanatic50. timmy duncrap is an allstar for 3 quarters, just using his hieght and getting away with over the back every signle time down the court.

shaq on the other hand, is dominant throughout, and can take over in the last few minutes. he can hit his freethrows, he is stronger and and more balls in the end tahtn timmgay duncrap. in the 4th quarter, duncrap looks like spurmsfanatic mom sittin on the crapper.

this year was such a fluke year, wow. next year im gunna see where all teh spurms "fanatics" are.

and btw, dont give me this junk about traveling, shaq using his pivot like no other for a big man. he using his size to such an advantage that no other has been able to do. BUT ON THE OTHER Hand, DUNCRAP goes over the back every single play. thats why he gets the offensive reounds he does. duncrap and bruce [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and malike daisy and duck have build up a little ego there, thats fun. even better for us when we crush u next year. OOOOOHHHHH, 1 MORE THING, bowen stopped kobe in the 2002 semi's didnt he, oh ya, when kobe took over in the last minutes of the 4th in game 3 and 4. and he really stopped kobe from leading hte playoffs with scoring even with 1 shoulder.

now we have to hear spurms fanatic cry and moan. (spurm, u do know that no one gives a damn waht u think and say, right? ur just a hick or a peasant, take ur pick)
Kobe's Empire

Postby shaqass on Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:05 am

First I like spurfanatic contributions and opinions in this site as well as all other teams fans who have something interessant to say. So please Kobe's empire don't use "no one" in your sentence because your opinion are not the opinion for all people here (personaly it is even the opposite).

I think only a biased opinion can called Duncan a crap. This player is simply incredible, size, skills but as well work ethic, respect for the opponant and dedication to his team. Comparing stats for both don't explain all. The don't play the same.

Shaq is (or was, we will see in three months if he is back in shape or not) the most dominant and Duncan won't be. But Ducan is incomparable as well. He will get his +20pts, 15R, 4 blocks whoever guard him and he will do it without we ever noticed because his play is only efficient, not spectacular. And don't say he cannot play 4th quarter!. In some respects I like TD a lot more than Oneal, work ethic for instance. We will never see Ducan becoming fat and unmotivated like Shaq. He won't blame his teamates for his error neither.

It is another topic but Spurs' title this year was without * (it is another thread). Not that the spurs were incredibly better than the other teams but we were certainly not good enough. The Spurs brought young really good guys (TP, Gino) for peanuts and save cap for next year AND they won the title. Not bad. What di we do to win? We gave 4.5M to George when it was possible to sign him for 3 time less one year before. We got no one else from free agency and our rookies were nowhere.

So we should one for all forget about our bad season. Accept that someone else is the champion now and fight back for nxt year.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:24 pm

duncrap doenst show up in the second half of hte fourth quarter. simple as that. that's why i cant consider him a GREAT player. look hwo many times he has choked LATE in the game. i mean, even in play, he lets the shot clock go down and he forces up a bad shot (this is only in the final minutes of the game) shaq and kobe on the other hand are best in the last minutes of the game. therefore duncrap is an allstar, kobe and shaq are superstars.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:53 pm

Regardless what anybody says...

...Shaq in his prime will always be better than Tim Duncan in his prime. If Kobe was with Tim this past two years, Duncan will not even come close in winning the last two MVPs.

Not to take anything away from Timmy because he is a great player in his own right........but 10 times out of 10, I'll take the best of Shaq over the best of Tim anyday.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:51 pm

Shaq = most dominant
Duncan = most skilled
Kobe = best all around
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:26 pm

Duncan = boring, but effective
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby shaqass on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:25 pm

crucifido wrote:Shaq = most dominant
Duncan = most skilled
Kobe = best all around

I agree, good summary :jam2:

Duncan = boring, I would say that Tim is for the PF what Stockton is for the PG :man10:

But Tim Duncrap??? come on.
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:04 am

Well Duncan is league MVP 2nd year in a row. Also opting out of the last year of a contract to sign long term deal in SA. :bow:

Boring is a opinion. He is star caliber to us.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:06 pm

as far as im concerned, jason kidd should ahvebeen mvp in 2002. DEFINATLEY MVP. this year, it was absolutely garnett (if not kobe) honestly, duncrap doesnt deserve as much credit as eeryone gives him.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:57 pm

Shaq is the most dominant. Tim is fundamentally sound, but no one is more intimidating and dominating than Shaq. He also for his position has an all around finess & power game. You get to see that full display when he is healthy and painfree. Drop step, hook, dunks, spin moves, blah, blah. blah!!! My statement will be proven this season. Tim can't carry Shaq's jockstrap, when it comes to dominating & intimidating the other players at every position in the league.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:40 am

I don't think that Tim would want to carry Shaq's jockstrap (I think that Kobe's Empire would love that job!!)

Tim and Shaq are two different kind of players. I don't think there is anyone like Shaq. Nor like Tim. They are both great in their own way. Same with Garnett. He has a whole different game. If Garnett would be available and the Lakers had the money they would sign Garnett in a second. Same with Tim. I'm not saying it would happen, I'm just saying That Every team in the league would bust a gut to get Tim if they had the opportunity. He is just a very hardworking unassuming guy that busts his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], works hard, and comes out with 25pts, 15 reb, 5 assists, and 4 blocks a game. He doesn't want the limelight or the glory, is a great teammate to play with. I think some people don't connect with him because he isn't very flashy.
Spurfanatic50

Return to Lakers Discussion