Short list of players who fit within Lakers disabled player

Re: Short list of players who fit within Lakers disabled player

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 am

One game doesn't make an average.

And why add him? Because he's better than what we have. I'm not sure why that's confusing. If we could get rid of Duhon and add Telfair, that'd be a good thing.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am

therealdeal wrote:One game doesn't make an average.

And why add him? Because he's better than what we have. I'm not sure why that's confusing. If we could get rid of Duhon and add Telfair, that'd be a good thing.

that IF part isn't there though, why would anyone take Duhon or Morris from us? I doubt they straightup cut Morris. He's not better then blake simply because of lack of shooting part. While I do hate Blake gm in general and his 3pt% has sucked the previous 2 season he's still a threat from there at least which is more then what I could say of Telfair. Yes 1 gm doesn't dicatate Telfair at all but his 6ppg avg. looks good until you factor in his 38% fg overall, while I was shocked @ his 38% from 3's thats an anomaly IMO his career is 32% and thats what he'll probably end up shooting eventually. We need a big IMO, with Howard constant injury problems.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:41 am

Everything about this is hypothetical...

I'm pretty sure in my original post I said "I'm not sure why the Suns would give us Telfair in the first place". And obviously we'd have to find room for him.

As for why someone would want Duhon he's got a friendly contract for cost cutting.

You're way over thinking this and trying way too hard to make some sort of point.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am

therealdeal wrote:You're way over thinking this and trying way too hard to make some sort of point.

maybe but I dont play hypothetical scenarios, there's 4 pg already, that reality.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:You're way over thinking this and trying way too hard to make some sort of point.

maybe but I dont play hypothetical scenarios, there's 4 pg already, that reality.

:man10:

And yet you're in the Garnett/Clippers trade thread talking about hypotheticals all over the place.

The reality is Telfair is better than our PGs outside of Nash and MAYBE Blake. If we could get him, we should.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

:man10:

And yet you're in the Garnett/Clippers trade thread talking about hypotheticals all over the place.

The reality is Telfair is better than our PGs outside of Nash and MAYBE Blake. If we could get him, we should.

what exactly was hythopetical about my post in there? Its obvious Blodsoe was part of the package, Odom would make the salary match it would be a guess between him or DJ. Not even close to hypothetical in your scenario where A. we have to get rid of 1 Pg. B. Pho would want to get rid of Telfair.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am

You're right. Totally different.

My scenario:
1. Get rid of a player
2. Add a player

Your scenario:
1. It's either ______ or ______.
2. They probably included ____ too.

Hypothetical situations are situations in which you are making guesses at questions; guesses that you don't know if they have any truth behind them or not, you're just answering questions. What you did in that thread is conjecture off of something else, you guessed at something to which you don't have a legitimate answer. Just because my scenario might assume more, does not mean what you did was not hypothetical.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 am

its not hypothetical if its based on real possibilities/situations, matching salaries in the bos/lac scneario is the legitimate answer to my guess or conjecture, whatever you want to call me out on its not compare to your if this happens then that will happen.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

Of course what you did was hypothetical. You filled in a blank with your own ideas.

Hypothetically speaking the Celtics would need to match salaries using _____. That's another way you could have written your opinion and it would mean exactly the same thing. Just because it's based on some outside facts, doesn't make it not hypothetical.

By that logic I could say "well Telfair fits into the injured player exemption, so it's not hypothetical".
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion