Should MDA be fired?

Should MDA be fired?

Yes, he ran Kobe to the ground. Coaches need to control the player's minutes.
81%
No, its not his fault. He was just respecting Kobe's will.
18%

Total votes : 104

Re: Should MDA be fired?

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Kobe's career was cemented the moment he caught Odom's lob. Kobe has nothing else to prove or do.

The smart money says Kobe would beg to differ with you on that one.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

bnr034 wrote:Yea.. Lets waste another year of Kobe's career :freak2: :freak2: :freak2:

Or Dwight's career, for that matter (assuming Dwight is still a Laker next year.)
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby OX1947 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
Kobe's career was cemented the moment he caught Odom's lob. Kobe has nothing else to prove or do.

The smart money says Kobe would beg to differ with you on that one.

He is on house money the rest of the way.
OX1947

Postby boquilla on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 pm

"Should MDA be fired? "
YES
Si
immediately.
boquilla

Postby JGC on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, if they're going to fire MDA, they better do it before training camp next season. If a new coach has no training camp, then it's a lost season.
JGC

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:34 am

I read somewhere now that brown signed a contract with the cavs we don't have to pay him the full amount that we still owe him. Is this true? If so I think it'll be alot easier to fire him now since we won't be paying browns remaining contract anymore
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 am

Lazenby has tweeted a lot of possibilities this morning about a Phil and Fish/Shaw return to LA. Some interesting ideas.

Hell, I'd even like Shaw as the head coach, FIsh as the assistant for a few years while he earns his coaching stripes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 am

All Howard has to say is " I'm leaving if MDA stays " lol come on Howard do us all the favor
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 am

JSM wrote:Lazenby has tweeted a lot of possibilities this morning about a Phil and Fish/Shaw return to LA. Some interesting ideas.

Hell, I'd even like Shaw as the head coach, FIsh as the assistant for a few years while he earns his coaching stripes.

I've been talking about Fish as a coach prospect for years. Damn your post has me all giddy. Don't tease me.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 am

JSM wrote:Lazenby has tweeted a lot of possibilities this morning about a Phil and Fish/Shaw return to LA. Some interesting ideas.

Honestly that was/is something that we've been kicking around for a while now. It's nice to read from someone a little more in tune with the forces in play though.

It's what I called for a long, long time ago: Phil as VP, Jimmy as Pres., Phil's protege as the coach, Mitch as GM.

If the egos weren't in play, it's the obvious move: it pleases the fans, it please Phil, it pleases Dwight, it pleases a new coach, it pleases Mitch with less pressure, and it pleases Jimmy's need to be in charge/handle the pressure.

Yes we go back to the Triangle a bit, but there's a new flavor in it with a new coach. I'm not asking for Phil to be the GM because he's awful at that, but he'll have a say. He'll have some swing and we bring back that 3 headed monster of: wealthy Laker fan President, knowledgeable VP, and fantastic GM. It's a win-win-win.

As long as everyone can sit down and be adults, swallow some pride, and move forward. It's THE perfect situation...

I just don't know if it'll happen.

Also, Lazenby is right: Doctor Buss is in a way to blame for the Jimmy/Jeanie thing. He never tried to stop that rivalry from existing.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:31 am

Is this all in a series of tweets I have to find each of them to read, or is there an actual written piece? Sounds like most wonderful thing ever since velcro.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Is this all in a series of tweets I have to find each of them to read, or is there an actual written piece? Sounds like most wonderful thing ever since velcro.

It's in a series of tweets. Lazenby likes to ramble, but it's interesting stuff usually when it comes to Phil/the Lakers/Tex Winter.

https://twitter.com/lazenby

Scroll down for a bit. It starts about 8-9 hours ago I think.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Is this all in a series of tweets I have to find each of them to read, or is there an actual written piece? Sounds like most wonderful thing ever since velcro.

It's in a series of tweets. Lazenby likes to ramble, but it's interesting stuff usually when it comes to Phil/the Lakers/Tex Winter.

https://twitter.com/lazenby

Scroll down for a bit. It starts about 8-9 hours ago I think.

Wow! Swear to G that was some interesting and PERFECT solution solving there for the Lakers' predicament. This is the first twitter content I have ever wanted to like sign up and follow the guy. The "brain trust" he describes at the end of a happy marriage going forward, with Phil / Fish / (Shaw? Philly??) / Kobe / Mitch / and what it would do positively for the Lakers future is effing the truth. And keeps it a family operation. Phil's going to be his brother in law for crissakes, like it or not. If the egos could be set aside and do what's right for the team. Dwight would be transformed.

FISH is right under our noses and from the "family". I would be 10x amped more for Fish to be head coach, if it had Jimmy's blessing to bring Phil back as VP, with him being President, Mitch the GM....... than give it to Shaw. I love Shaw but Derrick Fisher is a leader of men. Throw in Kobe's input with that crowd as he phases out of his playing days and wow.

What a stunning plan. Vs staying, doomed to failure with coach GO GO GO.

I might have to bookmark and join Roland's tweets. Just for this little window of what could be amazing going forward. If Jimbo not on board, and doesn't happen, then F it with the twitter..... :man10:

And yes that WOULD be the best thing ever since VELCRO.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:20 pm

I'm all in favor of putting the band back together, so to speak. It would do a lot towards healing the relationship between the Buss siblings, and would really stoke the fan base, myself included. That said, Fish as head coach needs to be on the back burner. I'd like to roll with Phil or Shaw. Fish has zero experience. Let him learn the ropes.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:32 pm

You guys are jerking with my emotions with the talk of a PJ-Shaw-Fish leadership / coaching connection.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Would Phil coach a team thats not championship caliber though, which is what we're not right now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Seriously, that sounds fantastic, Phil making decisions, Shaw coaching, Fish assisting, but Jimmy is in charge and he's not handing over his team, he wants to do things his way.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Weezy wrote:Seriously, that sounds fantastic, Phil making decisions, Shaw coaching, Fish assisting, but Jimmy is in charge and he's not handing over his team, he wants to do things his way.

then someone has to do.......something...........about jimmy

*shifty eyes*
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Weezy wrote:Seriously, that sounds fantastic, Phil making decisions, Shaw coaching, Fish assisting, but Jimmy is in charge and he's not handing over his team, he wants to do things his way.

Some of us suggested this months ago. I think you and I were among them. :man10:

Like Lazenby said: Jim has done a lot of good and a lot of bad. Player decisions he's been fantastic. Coaching decisions and fan interaction, he's been horrendous.

Of all the pills to swallow his might be largest. But you'd still have to make Phil stop being such an *** to him. Jeanie would have to suck it up and allow her brother his position without resentment. That's asking a lot from these people.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm

It really is, I can't even blame Jim if he doesn't want to do that. He inherited this team, he's been groomed to run it, his coaching decisions have been terrible, but like you said his roster moves haven't. If he wants to run his team his way I cannot blame him, letting Phil take over and run things isn't asking a lot, it's asking for the moon.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Weezy wrote:It really is, I can't even blame Jim if he doesn't want to do that. He inherited this team, he's been groomed to run it, his coaching decisions have been terrible, but like you said his roster moves haven't. If he wants to run his team his way I cannot blame him, letting Phil take over and run things isn't asking a lot, it's asking for the moon.

But isn't that what the Laker fraternity is all about? I get what you're saying. In a vacuum it's hard for anyone that despises someone who has brought them success, to then reach out to that person again admitting defeat.

But that's what the Lakers are about. Dr Buss was about being an owner and being the boss, but letting people who were better than him, do what they are good at. What's so hard to understand? Jim is not only doing his "own thing" he's taking the franchise down a completely new route - the Jim Route because he doesn't want to ride the coattails of any of the successes of his father, it seems.

Sounds like he has more of an inferiority complex with his own dad, which extends to Phil, etc. He needs to prove to himself that daddy didn't make him successful, and that he is capable of making great decisions (Chaz the bartender says hi).

Laker pedigree is letting the greats do great things. We have a fraternity of men who are proud to don the Purp and Gold. Jim already ousted Magic, and Phil. Who's next?
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:39 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to jump there.

Phil ran himself out of town as much as Jim Buss did. Hell by all accounts Dr. Buss himself wasn't a huge fan of Phil or Phil's Triangle offense. Phil has ALWAYS clashed with authority and Jim Buss is just another example of that.

As for Magic, I'm not sold that Magic's side of the argument is the only one. Sure he doesn't have faith in Jim Buss, so what? Magic has said a lot against the Lakers since becoming an "analyst". I've always viewed his relationship with Jim Buss as another form of sibling rivalry. When Magic moved out West, Dr. Buss was his second father. Jim was always his real son though. Who's to say that Magic isn't just jealous that Dr. Buss never tried to hand the Lakers over to Magic instead of Jim? I'd say that's likely to be a real cause of friction between the two.

Moving forward though along with what Weezy said... It's something that I just think should happen. But we've all been there before with people in our lives. Relationships that we think should or shouldn't happen. It's just the Lakers so everything is on an amazing, massive scale.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Antoni should be fired if for no other reason than his failure to correct recurring, consistent problems, e.g. turnovers, missed defensive assignments, etc. When you watch this team play, it's obvious that all too often no one has a clue where he's supposed to be on the defensive end.

Our modestly improved record down the stretch can be attributed to Dwight getting healthier - Antoni deserves none of the credit.

We're not going anywhere with a simpleton like Antoni driving the bus.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby bnr034 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:18 pm

why does MDA plays Goudelock, Morris and Duhon at the same time.... Coach of the month to Most retarded coach in the decade in less than a week. :bang: :bang:
bnr034

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 pm

bnr034 wrote:why does MDA plays Goudelock, Morris and Duhon at the same time.... Coach of the month to Most retarded coach in the decade in less than a week. :bang: :bang:

To be fair these are the players we have available, Morris, Glock, Duhon, MWP, Ebanks,Clark, Jamison, Hill, Howard, Pau, Sacre. At some point he doesn't have much of a choice. I want him fired, for failing to make defensive adjustments like Stu points out, but this was not a winnable game with this roster.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion