Slava Medvedenko

Slava Medvedenko

Postby Magic32 on Tue May 27, 2003 8:49 pm

I dunno about u guys but i think Slava needs wayyyyyyy more time, i definetly think he got the skillz he just needs the pt (playing time). He has that aggresive playing style and with some development he could be that peice of the puzzle that the lakers are missin. What u guys think bout that?
The Laker dynasty will never end.
Magic32

Postby BDG on Tue May 27, 2003 8:53 pm

i agree... he should have gotten WAY more minutes in the SA series. i dunno exactly if he's the missing piece of the puzzle though... he could turn into a solid role player with some work though
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LAKERCHICK on Tue May 27, 2003 9:03 pm

I ALSO AGREE
CUZ I KNOW SLAVA GOTS THA SKILLZ NO DOUBT BOUT THAT HE JUST NEEDS TO BRING IT OUT AND I THINK IF PHIL GIVES HIM MORE MINUTES HELL PROVE TO EVERYBODY THAT HE CAN DO IT.
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 9:19 pm

he's is gradually getting out of PHIL's dogg house. Phil plays players that play defense and Medvedenko lacks it... but the only way to learn is to get some PT. I think his offense out weighs his lack of defense cause he can make that 15ft and has an nice spin move in the post. I say PLAY HIM PHIL!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snake Eyes on Tue May 27, 2003 9:22 pm

I agree too, Slava needs more time. He is a good player offensively. True that his D needs work, but he hit a 3 or a 19-footer against the Spurs. and he had a like 13 points or somethin. Slavas time will come to show his skills as a backup.
Snake Eyes

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 9:59 pm

That's why I dont like the idea of being on a trading spree without givin players more time to produce! Look at the J's he was knockin down in the SA series! Samaki couldn't even Touch the contribution Slava gave us! And I luv him for that! I REALLY hope Slava comes outta his shell, cuz he's got game! Finally we have a foreigner that can hang with the NBA! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 10:02 pm

you forget we had DIVAC once .... he was a foreigner. On second thought we'd be better off if we forgot about him..... hehehe
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby clublakers on Tue May 27, 2003 10:03 pm

Magic32, absolutely he needs some consistent time, but he'll only get it on another team. He gets lost on the defensive end, and Phil won't play him. I don't see that changing.

For Slava's sake I'd just assume trade him to see what he can do on another team in the league. I'll bet he can make a name for himself.

...glad to see you made it in LakersR#1.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 10:04 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:you forget we had DIVAC once .... he was a foreigner. On second thought we'd be better off if we forgot about him..... hehehe

LOL!! I was always like..... VLADE DONT SHOOOOOOT! :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 1:47 am

"Magic32, absolutely he needs some consistent time, but he'll only get it on another team. He gets lost on the defensive end, and Phil won't play him. I don't see that changing."

I disagree whole heartedly CL. He was the only PF of ours to block Tim Duncan, during the comeback he held tim to under 30% and he stripped Tim twice in a row on the same possession. He got several crucial rebounds during a key comeback run and knocked down every important shot. He has the all around game and I think he should be our #2 PF next year, behind PJ, Malone or Howard (whichever we get) and remember that he got 13 points in game 5 and 12 points in game 6, so it was 2 games in a row (the first games in his career [he is only 24 years and 1 month old] in the playoffs where he got more than a few minutes action) and he made popovich tell his team to actually watch for him... :man1: :man13: :man12:

And all year you guys preached that he sucked and I stuck by him...ahh the sweet satisfactory smell of victory...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 1:52 am

Great call Snakell... See when players actually get a lil' PT, they aren't so rustly off tha bench, huh!?? I'm so glad Phil actually took the tyme and played lil' Slava, cuz the SA series actually had a lotta pluses outta it. We got to see the actual potential of players who we thought were done with in the season, and this loss was actually a gain, to make them strive for that 4th title in 5 years.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Wed May 28, 2003 1:52 am

Pretty sure that in another team (with more playing time) he will able to post 10-15 points and 5-8 rebonds :bang:
Dynasty is not over, Lakers dynasty has begun!
GoldenEye

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 1:54 am

Here is an assessment of Slava's game:

Scoring: as good as most PFs in the league at the consistent 15 footer and has great dribble drive moves, especially for a euro. Highlight of this category was when he went baseline for a reverse layup against Pao Gasol...B+

Rebounding: In his limited minutes, he tends to focus on scoring, but when we need him to, he always seems to get those crucial rebounds during stretches and runs....B

Passing: This area needs some improvement as he usually stands and waits for someone to come to him. He has shown good ball handling for a power forward though, so deficiencies are based on lack of playing time...C-

Defense: His footwork is clumsy but is does the trick as he rarely gets taken off the dribble. His problems are his physical style of UP-On-You defense which gets him in foul trouble and takes away his defensive aggressiveness. He also could get much better at blocking shots...C

Phil, please play him and allow him to develop into a great player, or at least a great bencher...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 1:55 am

So u already lost hope in Slava?? :disagree: He's a good player, and can play our backup when we get a FA PF... He knows the triangle, and even tho he kinda gets lost, he's doin his thang, and has a sweeeeet J. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 28, 2003 2:34 am

I have all the faith in the world in Slava, so I hope you were talkin' to someone else..I gave him rave reviews...you WERE talkin' to someone else, weren't you?
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 11:02 am

Nah Snake, I wasn't referrin 2 u, I was talkin to Goldeneye
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Wed May 28, 2003 2:58 pm

What is a pity is that we have this good player in our rooster for now a long time. It's always the same with Phil. The rooky don't get minutes because they are not good enough? In my opinion the rooky are not good enough because Phil never let them get some minutes and experience. Sure, trade Slava and he will get good stats just because he will be able at last to play. It's a subjet of another thread but I will never ever understand why Phil don't give more time to the rookies during regular season (but, well, he has 9 rings and I am I just a rooky GM here :man3: )

By the way Goldeneye. You really open a thread with "who is the most beautiful Laker player" or did I dreamt?? I am surprised...It would have been LakerGyrl I wouldn't but you!!! .... I am going to stay away from you from now!!!! :man10: :man10: :man10:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 28, 2003 9:23 pm

Maybe you dreamt it foo
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 10:12 pm

slava has great offense skills.

however he has to sharpen up on dah defense and stop picking up fouls there!
go slava pratise in the offseason!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 28, 2003 11:50 pm

But u gotta remember the ones who scope his game, are scopin out a piece of the puzzle... He doesnt get a lotta minutes so therefore he's better than what he seems u know?? Once he's starts to get it goin', he's great.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 29, 2003 2:40 am

its too bad that he found his groove toward the last couple games of the season. I hope he continues the good play from this point on. A note for SLAVA..... lol.... "when you get the ball...you don't necessarily have to take the shot"....lol

SLAVA gots some skill they should try using him at the SF position. He is quick at his feet/nice jumper/great spin move/runs the floor/decent ball handling....... why does he not gets more opportunity at the SMALL FORWARD position? They could always double the player he is guarding. Any thoughts on this?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby shaqass on Thu May 29, 2003 3:50 am

why not trying this experimentation! But do you really think he will get minutes at SF whereas he hardly plays at PF? Phil is Phil and he won't change!
shaqass

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 29, 2003 4:56 pm

If we don't use Medvedenko for a minimum of 15-20 minutes a game next season, I will seriously call for Phil's head on a platter. He and Mitch need to feel a sense of urgency...NO ONE IS ABOVE REPROACH IN THE FACE OF FAILURE...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Fri May 30, 2003 1:30 am

yep. After this season with Fox and Devean injured, we saw clearly that the rooky need to be ready to go. I hope Phil learnt something as well.
shaqass

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:32 am

he got cooooool swishes on teh offense !
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to Lakers Discussion