Snakell's Here Y'all! Back after a small break...

If Horry starts, which player will make the biggest contribution from the Laker's Bench?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:39 am

Janerro Pargo
36%
Samaki Walker
No votes
Stanislav Medvedenko
No votes
Mark Madsen
18%
Devean George
45%
Kareem Rush
No votes
Brian Shaw
No votes

Total votes : 11

Snakell's Here Y'all! Back after a small break...

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:39 am

And since I am now on the new board, I have a question for you guys. Don't worry, this poll runs for 2 weeks.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:24 am

I do believe Pargo is just waiting to blow up. Just give it some time. Probably the playoffs... What do you guys think?
Lakers4Ever

Postby clublakers on Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:39 pm

I really don't think Pargo has had the appropriate experience to contribute heavily in the playoffs.

What he does offer though is energy derived from youth as well as the need for an NBA contract.

The good news is he is an unknown factor to us as well as the scouts. I'll bet opposing teams don't know whether to leave him or stay with him when defending the triangle... because we don't know for sure either.

While nothing is certain for Pargo, I don't believe he is at risk of being replaced on the playoff roster by Murray. Phil had the same decision to make between Lue and Penberthy, and he chose defense over the long-bomb.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:26 pm

i DO LOVE PARGOS DEFENSE BUT I LOVE GEORGE ALSO
HE IS A GREAT PLAYER THAT REALLY STEPS UP
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:45 pm

Anyone can play a big role if they choose to apply themselves.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:34 pm

Jannneeerrrooooo Paarrggggggoooooooo !!!!

I love this kid ! I hope he sees some playing time in the playoffs to help give him experience earlier on in his career, which I think would definitely help boost his confidence and play next season.... is he even signed for next year ? I hope so !
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:41 pm

As for Devon George, yes he's had a wonderful game recently again the Suns..and he does bring in energy to defense and rebounding..but still he's so inconsistent with his jumpshots and missing little jumpers or layups. When he misses his shots its just always airballs or hitting the side of the backboard or not coming anywhere near the rim, I just think he has such more potential to be a consistent deadly shooter and if I were him I would be in the gym twenty-four-seven trying to purify the jumpshot, cuz he can easily score 12-16 points per game.
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:01 am

I think the fate of the Lakers rests in the hands of Derek Fisher. The Lakers have made so many sacrifices in order to make him the third scorer and if he doesn't play in the playoffs well we are doomed.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:10 am

lakers will win the four peat

Postby LakerPride on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:32 am

Darn I made my decision without even realizing that George still comes off the bench. He plays more minutes than Fox anyway! I would of chose him if I had to do it over!

Anyway I chose Pargo, because of defensive reasons. If he can just tire out the quick Western conference gaurds by chasing them around for a few minutes a game I will be happy. It will also buy Fish some minutes to get his legs back and I think that's the most important thing. Fisher is the key as DA has said. If Fish hits his shots like he has been the lakers have a STRONG chance of getting number 4. If he starts becoming Derek Bricker again....forget about it. The most important thing is that Pargo comes in a gives 10-15 quality minutes a game. That will allow Fisher to get his legs back and as a result make more shots and have better defense.
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby ZenMaster on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:18 pm

Welcome back Snakell! Was beginning to worry about ya there for awhile :man3:

I really hope Phil Jackson does play Pargo quite a bit in the playoffs...we can sic 'em on the teams' opposing PGs, as mentioned, and have him play some tough "D"...as well as give Fisher a real breather, too. But I just have this nagging little feeling that Phil will cut down on his minutes significantly b/c, well, he's a rookie; and he just HATES playing rookies any decent amount of minutes in the playoffs, no matter how much talent they may have, even if it means wearing his other guys down into the ground. That is why I reluctantly picked George; in spite of his mind-boggling inconsistency (still) he will simply see a lot of minutes due to his past playoff experience, whereas Pargo probably won't see much at all...but that's how guys GET experience, P.J., you have to PLAY them! :man7:
ZenMaster

Return to Lakers Discussion