Snakell's Top 10 Draft Picks...

Snakell's Top 10 Draft Picks...

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 31, 2003 10:13 pm

here is the list of MY favorite 10 potential Lakers Draft picks. These are players I feel are best for OUR team. All are slated (by most mock drafts) to either be available for both the #24 and/or #32 slots or to be somewhere near there but slightly before, like the 15-20th pick:

#1. Travis Hansen
#2. David West
#3. Travis Outlaw
#4. Darius Rice
#5. Dwyane Wade
#6. Nick Collison
#7. Dahntay Jones
#8. Jerome Beasley
#9. Luke Walton
#10. Marcus Moore
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Trojan Warrior on Sat May 31, 2003 11:42 pm

Dwayne Wade will not be available there. ANd seriously Luke Walton and Dahntay Jones suck. Your list is horrible :man7:
Trojan Warrior

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:44 pm

Where's James, Carmello, and Darko Snakell?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:15 am

I believe in my list, and that we will be able to have an opportunity (whether through a trade up 5-10 spots or at our current spot, depending on the player) to draft everyone on my list. I also truly think the listed players can (with proper coaching and effort) develop into quality benchers or starters, so if you don't like the list you should submit your own. I believe that athleticism and potential, drive and fundamentals are as important as statistics when considering whom to draft and I consider athleticism a much more important attribute for prospective draftees than their college or high school reputation.

Why not James, Carmello, and Darko? Why not God? They are the only FOR SURE/GUARANTEED selections, everyone else is up for debate and to each GM's personal preference and up for what the team in their slot is looking to get out of the draft. We WILL NOT be able to trade up to crack the top 10, so those three are DEFINITELY out of the question...

My goal with this list was to name the players I felt were most qualified (athletically, fundamentally, and physically) to grow into quality players for our team and I feel that all choices are quality choices that will develop into the kind of players (positionally, with special consideration for the maintenance of Phil's desire to possess versatility) that we can use to dramatically improve the roster. If anyone disagrees, tell me and list your own choices...explain them if you feel the need...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:40 am

Oh, I thought you meant for the whole draft lol, didn't know you meant what was suitable for us!

Yes, Now I really like the list, I couldn't make a better one...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:40 am

Other than Luke, I'll take Marcus Moore at point.

Travis Outlaw is my want pick, cause I luv his athletic ability and his potential. The other high schoolers I would not mind getting is Lang. A big body at 6'10 305. I heard that his tenacity around the basket is great. He is a hard worker. If we can either Karl, Juwan, or PJ, then we can groom Lang under the teachings of Shaq and whoever PF we get.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:12 am

If we do get LANG I hope SHAQ doesn't show him the quickest way to the BUFFET line....LOL on the serious note. I think the list is pretty close. Two of my choices are on your list. My first is Travis Outlaw. I just see something in him which Phil Jack might be looking for. The dark horse in the draft I think is Darius Rice. His game reminds me of Glen Rice, a good spot up shooter listed at 6'10". He might serve as a good role player but definitely Outlaw could be running with KOBE as a starter in the future. Worse senario is Outlaw develops as a defensive minded player with his physical prowess and could become our sixth man....(MICHAEL COOPER type) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:34 pm

Agreed if Lang hooks up with Shaq it could be another Olive Garden Miller experience all over again.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:42 pm

Shaq has a very strong appetite for victory...well, I'm half right anyway...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:14 pm

Outlaw is a nice pick. Then Perkins, then Lang. If all are available at the time the Lakers pick at 24, that should be the order.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:05 pm

Yeah, I prefer Travis Hansen, but if he isn't available, I would take Travis outlaw in a microsecond....
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:09 am

Yea that works for me. Lets stick with the name TRAVIS. I like it. Its catchy. I can hear it now... TRAVIS TRAVIS TRAVIS.... Both are multitalented and very athletic. I'd be happy with either or. As someone mentioned lets try and get both.

Lets cross our fingers ladies and gents.. and hope MITCH is listening to our cries...
MITCH CAN YOU HEAR US CRYING OVER HERE...DAMMIT!!!!!! LOL

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:22 pm

i wouldn't go talking about TRAVIS too fast... remember the last TRAVIS we had?? TRAVIS Knight! What a waste of a draft pick.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:18 pm

The way I see it Travis screwed us twice. First by drafting him then by trading Tony Battie for him later.
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:20 pm

Are you honestly comparing Fat, Unathletic, Lazy Travis Knight with Travis Outlaw (super athletic) and Travis Hansen (super athletic, very well rounded)?

Remember that namesake judgements aren't very accurate...otherwise Kareem Rush would have been way better...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:08 pm

How can you be so critical of Kareem Rush in just his first season? And no, I wasn't knocking every Travis out there I was simply saying that in the two times the Lakers Obtained Travis Knight he did little to help the cause.
Danny Ainge

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:22 pm

So critical, all I said was that he is NO Kareem Abdul Jabbar...that isn't very critical. Besides, I was just playin', I know Travis Knight was a bum, but these two players named Travis are much better...I can tell...
Snakell Beast

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:31 pm

Agreed, and poor Kareem will just have to live with the fact that he is no Lew Alcindor.
Danny Ainge

Darius Rice!!!!!!

Postby duckdaddy on Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:50 am

I think Darius Rice is a sleeper pick. This guy is 6'10 with a huge wingspan and can knock down the 3. This guy reminds me of a young Robert Horry.....I hope the Lakers draft him in the 2nd round or pick him up as a free agent rookie..I've watched alot of his games and this guy is a warrior, much like his uncle. Great competitive spirit. Great bloodlines!!!
duckdaddy

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:31 am

DUCKDADDY,
those are my thoughts exactly. I think he is the sleeper in the draft with all the qualities you have mentioned. I hope he gets to work out with the Lakers.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:32 pm

He'll be available after the draft, so we can get Travis Hansen, Travis Outlaw AND Darius Rice...that is a draft...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:53 am

I'm satisfied if we can get Hansen with one of our picks. Then we can just take the best available athlete left on the board with the 32.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Re: Darius Rice!!!!!!

Postby MrCaramale on Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:58 am

duckdaddy wrote:I think Darius Rice is a sleeper pick. This guy is 6'10 with a huge wingspan and can knock down the 3. This guy reminds me of a young Robert Horry.....I hope the Lakers draft him in the 2nd round or pick him up as a free agent rookie..I've watched alot of his games and this guy is a warrior, much like his uncle. Great competitive spirit. Great bloodlines!!!

Ok, I dont know if u guys notice this , but Darious Rice is staying in school, he didnt declare for th draft, he is coming out next year
MrCaramale

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:51 pm

OK, we here @ Club Lakers are fallible and can make mistakes, if that is true then i wish him the best in school and we can always look for someone else to get in his place...
Snakell Beast

Thanks

Postby Duckdaddy on Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:45 am

Thanks for the info!! My BAd :bow:
Duckdaddy

Return to Lakers Discussion