Sorta OT: Stoudamire arrested 3rd time for drugs

Sorta OT: Stoudamire arrested 3rd time for drugs

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:02 pm

Blazer Damon Stoudamire Arrested In Tucson

PORTLAND - Damon Stoudamire, guard for the Portland Trail Blazers, was arrested on drug charges as he boarded a plane at Tucson International Airport, a spokeswoman for the airport police said Monday.

Stoudamire, who has faced drug charges twice before, was arrested Thursday, said spokeswoman Paula Winn.

EDIT - Please inclue a URL to every article you post,
Thanks
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:04 pm

Here is other news worth mentioning that could affect us:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=b ... &type=lgns
It's about Anthony Peeler...do we want him back?
Last edited by Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:09 pm

NawlinsLakerFan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:59 pm

Yea I saw this on Fox Sports... I also saw that Darrell Armstrong resisted arrest outside of a club from a woman officer. I dont really know what was up with that, but these two situations caught mah attention too.
LakersGyrl2003

Drugs and Players

Postby Chick_H on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:28 am

There was a good article on HBO about Pro Wrestlers dying from the steroids,pills, and coke. They arent making it past 40.
With this latest joke with the Jailbreaker from Portland, it just makes me wonder, will these losers ever stop?
There is a saying "YOU ARE A SLAVE TO WHATEVER CONTROLS YOU"
Apparently, these guys are slaves to drugs, and will be for life.
Sad,Sad,Sad, one after another falling into the dark hole of the drug life.
The body is the temple. You cant pollute it with Phony drugs.
Cant people come correct? You need drugs to be someone that your not?
Chick_H

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:14 am

Yo, I have to respond to this. I don't know WTF damon was thinking when he did this. I mean if he had the marijuana fine, what ever. But why would you wrap it up in aluminum foil when you know you're going to have to go through a metal detector at the airport? How Stupid is Damon?

Trail Blazer President Steve Patterson wrote:Trail Blazer President Steve Patterson said Stoudamire would be suspended until there is a "satisfactory response to these matters."

Patterson said the arrest has again compromised an image the team is trying to rebuild after Stoudamire's and other players' past drug and legal problems.

"Actions like this on Damon's part are contrary to that effort and cannot be tolerated," Patterson said. "We are committed to changing this behavior and changing the image of this franchise."

Patterson also said he would void Stoudamire's contract if he could, but had not found a provision in the contract that would allow him to do so.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... sports-nba
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Reddy on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:46 am

again? :nono2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:42 pm

Yea!!! On that same report I heard about Armstrong they talked about how Damon wrapped it up in foil!! DAYAM! wussup wit that?? Doesn't he know that foil is a metal conductor too!!? :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:46 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Yea!!! On that same report I heard about Armstrong they talked about how Damon wrapped it up in foil!! DAYAM! wussup wit that?? Doesn't he know that foil is a metal conductor too!!? :man10:

Thank You, Thats what I'm sayin. Damon needs to invest in some plastic baggies. :man10:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Laker brain on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:45 pm

Foil is a weaker metal, magnets don't stick to it. Actually it is Aluminum, and it not really a metal by nature, it comes from bauxite ore, he probably used some of that reynold's foil which is mixed with other metals (alloyed) I don't think metal detectors go off to aluminum foil, unless it is alloyed, My big red gum wrappers have aluminum on them, and in the airport it never went off on me. His aluminum must have been that expensive aluminum with other soft metals mixed with it.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:18 pm

Laker brain wrote:Foil is a weaker metal, magnets don't stick to it. Actually it is Aluminum, and it not really a metal by nature, it comes from bauxite ore, he probably used some of that reynold's foil which is mixed with other metals (alloyed) I don't think metal detectors go off to aluminum foil, unless it is alloyed, My big red gum wrappers have aluminum on them, and in the airport it never went off on me. His aluminum must have been that expensive aluminum with other soft metals mixed with it.

That's a good point... But the gum wrappers aren't completly foiled, cuz in the inside they aren't complete like regular foil is.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:39 pm

That's a good point... But the gum wrappers aren't completly foiled, cuz in the inside they aren't complete like regular foil is.

True dat. But if im not mistaken The reason he got caught was because the Aluminum Foil he had the Marijuana in DID set off the metal detector. I usually go through with my rings and keys still on me and don't set it off by my question is why would he take the chance?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:02 pm

Let's face it Stoudamire is an idiot. How many times has he been caught?
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Return to Lakers Discussion