Spurs are screwed, no kidd or zo HAHA (POLL)

Do You think the spurms have a chance of beating LA for the championship?

Hell NO!
69%
Hell YES!
8%
It will be a great matchup
4%
Who are the Spurms?
17%

Total votes : 23

Spurs are screwed, no kidd or zo HAHA (POLL)

Postby LeXiCoN on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:36 pm

yea im pretty shure alot of you have heard...i know sterling has...but i saw this on NBA TV, went straight to ESPN, and i found a link (posted this for ppl who didnt know):

Kidd Staying on Nets:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0711/1579469.html

Zo going to Nets:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0711/1579328.html

bye bye spurms
LeXiCoN

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:45 pm

All that money and the big free agents in their lists does not want to sign with them.

Jermaine O'neal....... strike one!!!!

Jason Kidd.....strike two!!!!!!!!!

Zo'.............strike three!!!!!

Malone and Payton rejected the Spurs, a team supposedly be a contending team with all the money to spend.

All this missed signings is a reflection of the team and the management.
Mitch is punkin Popovich during this off-season.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:49 pm

HAHAHAA... the SPURMS ARE OFFICIALLY DETHRONED!!!! wasn't that the SHORTEST CELEBRATION PARTY EVER?... LOL
Its not even JUNE yet and they are already DETHRONED!!

TIMMY is all alone now!!!! SHAQ you can NOW KICK his @SS cause where is the double team going to come from now?... SHAQ does not have to GUARD anybody anymore!!!! MALONE will do that NOW!!! SHAQ can come from the WEAK side and BLOCK TIMMY"s SHOT.... AIRMAIL EXPRESS!!!!!

BOWEN ....LOL.... BOWEN... your @SS is GRASS KOBE is going to LIGHT YOU UP... no more double teams means BOWENS mouth will be closed!! he won't be claiming $hit anymore!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:10 pm

Oh yeah, The Spur's are in trouble. Al that talk about a new Spurs Dynasty I've been hearing from "Die Hard" Spurs fans means even less now than it did the day after they won the O'Brian. It's funny how a Championship team can't even attract 1 good Free Agent. Eveyone knows where the true Dynasty is baby. Right here in L.A. (and I don't mena the Clippers.)
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

SpursFanatic50???

Postby mazter_roshi on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:13 pm

I guess the first time around was great, but thats all it'll ever be!!! Let's see Duncan carry the team now, MVP? Lol, he's gonna be Shaq's $itch next year. I guess he better start bending over now cuz he's fu*ked!!!!! :man10:
mazter_roshi

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:46 pm

Hey that brings up an interesting question. When the lakers Win the O'Brien next year who do you think will be the Finals MVP? For that matter, who do you think will get the League MVP?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby LeXiCoN on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:58 pm

i believe kobe will get the league MVP...he is entering his prime stage...and he is already an amazing athlete...and he deserved it much more than Timmy did last year...im still surprised at how few votes kobe recieved for last years race

for Finals...if Shaq isnt outta shape anymore, i think he will dominate the nets once again (i believe that nets are the only team that can make it now)....but kobe could do it and become league and finals MVP
LeXiCoN

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:06 pm

I'm SO glad Zo's going to the Nets. FINALLY we will have some REAL competition in the East! That is if he stays healthy and isn't rusty. Kidd, Martin and Zo with a deep bench. That's pretty good.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:07 pm

True, Kobe should have gotten it last year. If not Kobe I would have thought Tracy McGrady but to give it to Tim wasn't right. Just goes to show that there are alot of Laker/Kobe haters out there.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:39 pm

Who the heck voted YES on this poll???

I guess the Laker haters are coming out of the closet!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:43 pm

your right.... who voted against us?...

SPURMSFANATIC or KOBESTOOPER?... maybe they both put in half a vote each?
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:16 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:your right.... who voted against us?...

SPURMSFANATIC or KOBESTOOPER?... maybe they both put in half a vote each?

Oh I get lumped in with Kobestooper. Great. Actually I think it is a great honor that the Lakers think they need four future hall of famers to compete with the Spurs. We just need someone to replace David. Tough task indeed. Pop and RC will get it done. I have faith in them. How old is Malone --- 40???
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:35 am

Honestly, I think Zo' is done. He hasn't played in awhile and I can't see him making much of an impact. I think the NETS Are fine with Dikembe, but whatever.
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:52 am

Honestly, I think Zo' is done. He hasn't played in awhile and I can't see him making much of an impact. I think the NETS Are fine with Dikembe, but whatever.

Yea right! As long as his health is good, he will lead the Nets to another Eastern Conference Finals and straight to the NBA Finals. Great choice for him to goto the Nets.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:53 am

Your're in a much higher class than the STOPPER!!!

You have great takes and no BS views. You are logical in your opinions and I respect that.

I don't think #1Kobefan meant any harm by it.

So what's remaining for you guys.

The rest that is still left is PJ Brown, Juwan Howard, and Michael Olowakandi.

Howard is rumored to sign with the Wolves, so I'm thinking that Brown is coming to SA. You guys need some desperate size with the loss of Robinson. Jermaine O'neal would have been nice. And so is Zo' and Malone, but I guess you have to settle with Brown. He can provide you with some D and rebounds.

Nesterovic and Brad Miller are possibilities, but we are going to the second level of free agents.

Spurfanatic,

You have to love what we did. Hey you guys reloaded the last couple of years to dethrone us, and this off-season we are doing the same thing to take you out. ITS A CYCLE IN THE NBA. You have to adjust and re-adjust.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:02 am

Actually we aren't getting PJ Brown either. Going to resign with the Hornets. Honestly we just need that big man to go with our youngsters. Nesterovic would provide a nice fit. He disappears against the Lakers though. (I wonder why). I don't think anyone here wants Olawakandi or Howard. Wouldn't fit.

I still think we should offer some money to Brand. Don't think the Clippers would match it.
THE FOURTH TIME AROUND --- IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.
Spurfanatic50
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:13 am

With the Brand situation, I've heard different in the various Los Angeles radio stations. Reports here that for the first time in his life, Donald Sterling will do the right thing and match any offer for Brand. The Clippers are basically giving up or close to giving up on Maggete, Miller, and the Kandi man. So their intended on keeping Brand. They want to build their team around Brand.

So Nesterovic, Brad Miller, or any big man might be the way to go.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby kingjsun on Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:58 am

Spurfanatic,

You have to love what we did. Hey you guys reloaded the last couple of years to dethrone us, and this off-season we are doing the same thing to take you out. ITS A CYCLE IN THE NBA. You have to adjust and re-adjust.

If I recall Duncan's last year at wake forest, David Robinson's back was really really reaaally hurt. so much that he sat out must, if not all, that season. Because of that, the Spurs end up with the worst record in the NBA. We all know what the worst record in the NBA can get you. Oh, and if you don't know....

http://www.nba.com/cavs/news/lebron_contract_030703.html
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Return to Lakers Discussion