Start Darius Morris

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:20 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i laughed when he threw a post entry bounce pass at bynums feet

The one to Bynum was bad, but the Kobe ones were head scratchers.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46256
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 am

The good thing is that his best offensive assets are his court vision (esp on the break) and hitting the open man off drives and on the break. He should be able to learn how to throw a post entry pass in one weekend :man9: (ok, maybe two).
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 am

trodgers wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:i laughed when he threw a post entry bounce pass at bynums feet

The one to Bynum was bad, but the Kobe ones were head scratchers.


They weren't head scratchers if you look at it from his perspective...... A rookie playing point isn't going to go away from Kobe even if he's double covered prior to the pass....... you know how many trips to In & Out he'd have to make to get back on Kobe's good side.....

On a serious note.... this is a good reason to have a veteran point guard on the team. Someone that just might pass it to the person who's wide open when Kobe is being double teamed 40 feet away from the basket without the ball........
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22556
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 am

I liked the kid's feistiness and confidence. He doesn't seem to let anything affect him. He went into that scrum without hesitation. He looked composed. Yes, he leaves a bit to be desired with his overall play but in time he'll iron it out. The question is time with how much he'll be given. Quick 6-5 guards with an actual point mentality are hard to find nowadays. Morris has them.

I agree with everyone about his passing. Those two moon passes to Bryant were odd. He gets credit for trying to move the ball and getting it to the right players.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15160
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 am

I agree wholeheartedly.
Doc Brown wrote:Nice find Rev. The points that poster made about the game are all very true, he forget to mention at least 3 times during the Cavs game he got wide open looks for the second unit that weren't converted and the unit as a whole got pulled way before they should have if they didn't squander the lead so fast. This is the second time now that he hasn't backed down from CP3 or Billups, the kid has a competitive fire, he just needs to be on an accelerated learning curve considering our PG situation right now.

I like the point he/she made about the fact that Morris left a year too soon. Realistically if he would have put up the same numbers and improved his outside shot to a respectable number we wouldn't even have been able to get anywhere near this guy in the draft.

I don't think he is a starter yet, but between him and Fisher he should be getting more of the minutes for the simple fact that he can stay in front of PG's and challenge them more than that old man can. He seems like a quick learner and has a good feel for the game. He still a little big of a project now, but in 2 weeks or 6 games whatever comes first, I think he will be showing a whole lot more than he is right now in terms of the player we are all hoping he can be. Once he starts getting more aggressive once he hits the paint and builds up some chemistry with the bigs we're going to see some good stuff from this kid. I really believe that.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 am

revgen wrote:^Me too. He also made some awful passes to Kobe too. And Kobe gave him the "black mamba death stare" when it happened. LOL.



:man10: :man10: :man10:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:00 pm

TIME wrote:
revgen wrote:^Me too. He also made some awful passes to Kobe too. And Kobe gave him the "black mamba death stare" when it happened. LOL.



:man10: :man10: :man10:


Image
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22556
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 pm

revgen wrote:Post from LG. I edited it a little bit.


Thanks for that Rev I am flattered. I do a bit of High School level coaching and analyze the games as if they were my teams. I only do this with the Lakers and the Magic for the contrast in styles that they use offensively and defensively. Some of you are saying Darius Morris will never be the next D-Will or D-Rose and you are right but he will be the First D-Mo. I followed him all through College seeing as I am a U of M alum and I must say the Kid has skills. I personally believe his best assets are.

-His Height, Hes a Legit 6'5 and still growing. You cant teach height.
- Work Ethic, He knew his Outside shot was not NBA level so he spent the entire summer working on it.
- Competitive Drive, CP3, Derek Rose .... he will not back down.
- Defense and Hustle, Pretty much one in the same he plays hard on both ends of the floor.
- Speed, Little Known fact he has the fastest sprint time on the Lakers entire squad at 3:20 which is faster than CP3, D-will and other "Elite" PG's in the league.
- Court Vision, If the Lakers would actually emphasize off ball movement and rotations or Pick and rolls he could make everyones life a lot easier. Even Mr bryants.
- Ball Handling skills, Kid can dribble and beat his man off the dribble like no ones business. We havent had that in Laker Land in a long time.

The Biggest Hurdles to him improving as an "Elite" NBA PG

- Derek Fishers Ego.
- Kobe Bryants monopoly of the ball.
- The Lakers lack of any type of offensive direction. The Lakers have the most predictable offense in the entire NBA it is bad to the point where there is no way the Lakers should ever be able to score on any other team who has watched even 2 quarters of their game footage.

The only two offensive plays the Lakers have run since the first game of the season are.

Half Court set.
Post Bynum Deep and Gasol at the top of the block. Kobe at the top of the key directly in front of where ever Paus positioned himself. Matt Barnes takes to the opposite wing and waits. The PG stands at the top of the key and either passes the ball to Kobe,Bynum or Pau. If Kobe or Bynum get the ball 9.7 times out of 10 they are going to shoot it Pau may look to make a pass.

If this is unsuccessful after 7 seconds they move on to their second play.

Everyone Spreads out and runs an Iso for Kobe Bryant. If he runs into trouble the Center and PF come to the top of the key take the ball from him then toss it right back.

It is really sad to watch. The Lakers have a great Defensive coach in Mike Brown but they really need to spend a few Dollars on an Offensive coordinator and let Morris be a PG. Overall the entire team would benefit Greatly from Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher having the ball in their hands on as limited a basis as possible.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 pm

viktorkain wrote:
revgen wrote:Post from LG. I edited it a little bit.


Thanks for that Rev I am flattered. I do a bit of High School level coaching and analyze the games as if they were my teams. I only do this with the Lakers and the Magic for the contrast in styles that they use offensively and defensively. Some of you are saying Darius Morris will never be the next D-Will or D-Rose and you are right but he will be the First D-Mo. I followed him all through College seeing as I am a U of M alum and I must say the Kid has skills. I personally believe his best assets are.

-His Height, Hes a Legit 6'5 and still growing. You cant teach height.
- Work Ethic, He knew his Outside shot was not NBA level so he spent the entire summer working on it.
- Competitive Drive, CP3, Derek Rose .... he will not back down.
- Defense and Hustle, Pretty much one in the same he plays hard on both ends of the floor.
- Speed, Little Known fact he has the fastest sprint time on the Lakers entire squad at 3:20 which is faster than CP3, D-will and other "Elite" PG's in the league.
- Court Vision, If the Lakers would actually emphasize off ball movement and rotations or Pick and rolls he could make everyones life a lot easier. Even Mr bryants.
- Ball Handling skills, Kid can dribble and beat his man off the dribble like no ones business. We havent had that in Laker Land in a long time.

The Biggest Hurdles to him improving as an "Elite" NBA PG

- Derek Fishers Ego.
- Kobe Bryants monopoly of the ball.
- The Lakers lack of any type of offensive direction. The Lakers have the most predictable offense in the entire NBA it is bad to the point where there is no way the Lakers should ever be able to score on any other team who has watched even 2 quarters of their game footage.

The only two offensive plays the Lakers have run since the first game of the season are.

Half Court set.
Post Bynum Deep and Gasol at the top of the block. Kobe at the top of the key directly in front of where ever Paus positioned himself. Matt Barnes takes to the opposite wing and waits. The PG stands at the top of the key and either passes the ball to Kobe,Bynum or Pau. If Kobe or Bynum get the ball 9.7 times out of 10 they are going to shoot it Pau may look to make a pass.

If this is unsuccessful after 7 seconds they move on to their second play.

Everyone Spreads out and runs an Iso for Kobe Bryant. If he runs into trouble the Center and PF come to the top of the key take the ball from him then toss it right back.

It is really sad to watch. The Lakers have a great Defensive coach in Mike Brown but they really need to spend a few Dollars on an Offensive coordinator and let Morris be a PG. Overall the entire team would benefit Greatly from Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher having the ball in their hands on as limited a basis as possible.


Welcome to the site. That's some good info on DMorris and his potential.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

The Lakers have the most predictable offense in the entire NBA it is bad to the point where there is no way the Lakers should ever be able to score on any other team who has watched even 2 quarters of their game footage.


Wow...and yet somehow they manage to score and even win games.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:22 pm

^Because, as he mentioned above, Mike Brown is an excellent defensive coach. It's the defense that's helping us win. The offense stinks for the most part. Hence all the TO's. The defense can predict what we're doing too easily.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21706
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:28 pm

kray28 wrote:
The Lakers have the most predictable offense in the entire NBA it is bad to the point where there is no way the Lakers should ever be able to score on any other team who has watched even 2 quarters of their game footage.


Wow...and yet somehow they manage to score and even win games.


Every offense is predictable in the half court set in this league. OKC for example.... guard Durant and Westbrook and it's over.... the problem is you can't guard Durant and Westbrook......

We are the same IMO. Our execution hasn't been good nor do we have much diversity in schemes to this point but we are trying to get the ball to Kobe, Drew and Pau...... the manner in which we do it may vary in complexity and success but these are the guys on this team that need the ball in a position to score.

What I see lacking in comfort in the system and a true initiator that is reading and reacting. Morris isn't that guy now or even in a year IMHO. He needs to be able to have the respect of the veterans. We saw his looping passes almost out of bounds to Kobe while being double covered.... is that what true initiator does? There was nobody in the middle of the floor at all and he could have easily broke down his man and provided an easy hoop or two for someone else. The next time down after doing that I'll bet Kobe would't be double covered prior to having the ball.

He has some ability but this is a team on the verge of a championship not the Timberwolves..... we can't afford on the job training of a position as important as Point Guard.

Finally, our biggest problem has been time to install an offense. To me, this resembles an "intramural team" in that we have a few basic plays and a variation or two off of them because of the unfamiliarity and lack of practice time.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22556
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 pm

kray28 wrote:
The Lakers have the most predictable offense in the entire NBA it is bad to the point where there is no way the Lakers should ever be able to score on any other team who has watched even 2 quarters of their game footage.


Wow...and yet somehow they manage to score and even win games.


Yes they have won a few games but that is because of Mike Browns Defense. Lets look at something that has been bothering me this entire season.

Vs

Bulls.. Loss A completely Championship ready team and we lose only by one point and the team showed a lot of promise.

Kings . Loss I have no idea how this could have happened.

Jazz.. Win..

Kincks .. Win... I think this is the most over hyped team in the entire NBA. They have shown no chemistry at all on court.

Nuggets ... Win... a gift from Gallinari.

Nuggets... Loss... Kobes worst game of the season...

Rockets ... Win... A very good game actually.

Trailblazers... Loss.. it was not as close as it looked in the end. This was a bad loss.

Warriors ...Win...

Grizzlies .... Win... Little Brother Gasol did not show up to play

Suns... Win... Horrible team basketball .. the start of the Kobe Show.

Jazz.. Win.... Horrible team basketball... the Kobe Show Continues. Darius first NBA Game.

Cavs.. Win.... Horrible team basketball.... Game was closer than it should have been... The Kobe show still continues on.

Clippers... Loss... No team basketball at all.... Was not as close as it looked.. Even his team mates were watching the Kobe show.

Notice the trend? We are doing Marginally well vs bad teams and VS playoff teams we are getting pretty handily embarrassed. Defense will always keep your games close but we need a serious adjustment on the offensive side of the ball. The Next six games are pretty tough and I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and sends most Laker fans into a frenzy and have them start demanding a Front Office Move. Next six and predictions..

Dallas Tonight. Loss... Dallas is beating the same scrub teams we are having issues with by blowout margins.
I give us and even split on the odds seeing as the team might play harder because of what happened in last years Playoffs but I wouldnt give us better than 48%.

Miami Heat Thursday... Loss... This game will be very embarrassing for the Lakers and might be one of the worst losses of the season. Reasons Miami Plays very good defense and they are a fast break team. The Lakers have very poor to non existent transition Defense. Outside of that they have much more speed at every position except the 1 and thats only when Morris is on the court.

Orlando.... Win.... This will be a statement game from Bynum and Howard it could get very chippy. Bynum is going to want to show all of the people saying he should be traded that they are wrong and Dwight will be trying to show everyone that he is Superior to Bynum.

Indiana .... Loss... will be a close game but more than likely if we are running the Kobe show we lose.

Clippers....Loss... There is going to be to much baggage and we will lose this one badly also.

The Good news is we should win the next 6 or 7 games straight. There is always a Silver lining.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Every offense is predictable in the half court set in this league. OKC for example.... guard Durant and Westbrook and it's over.... the problem is you can't guard Durant and Westbrook......

We are the same IMO. Our execution hasn't been good nor do we have much diversity in schemes to this point but we are trying to get the ball to Kobe, Drew and Pau...... the manner in which we do it may vary in complexity and success but these are the guys on this team that need the ball in a position to score.

What I see lacking in comfort in the system and a true initiator that is reading and reacting. Morris isn't that guy now or even in a year IMHO. He needs to be able to have the respect of the veterans. We saw his looping passes almost out of bounds to Kobe while being double covered.... is that what true initiator does? There was nobody in the middle of the floor at all and he could have easily broke down his man and provided an easy hoop or two for someone else. The next time down after doing that I'll bet Kobe would't be double covered prior to having the ball.

He has some ability but this is a team on the verge of a championship not the Timberwolves..... we can't afford on the job training of a position as important as Point Guard.

Finally, our biggest problem has been time to install an offense. To me, this resembles an "intramural team" in that we have a few basic plays and a variation or two off of them because of the unfamiliarity and lack of practice time.


I agree with you on everything but two points. Darius Morris could not pass the ball to anyone but Kobe even though he was double defended. He threw those moon passes knowing they would be in an area that Kobe could get to them but it would be difficult for the defender to do so. Imagine the rookie breaking down his man off the dribble and penetrating then passing the ball to Bynum for an easy two do you have any idea how pissed off Kobe would be? No? Ok watch the Clippers game again in the 4th Quarter on the fast break where Morris tosses the Bounce pass to Gasol through two defenders. After that score Kobe was yelling at the kid for not kicking the ball to him as he stood at the top of the key, Dont believe it just watch the 4th quarter again.

Now at the end of quarter 2 or 3 cannot remember will have to go check for clarity. Kobe was on the bench and Darius Broke his man down off the dribble and drove to the hole for a lay up which he scored on due to goal tending. This was done in the preseason as well as in the Jazz and Clippers game. He can drive easily but it is obvious he does not have the green light to go.

The other thing I disagree with is the fact that you said the Lakers are "On the Verge of a championship." Not without some major adjustments on the Offensive end and probably not without a few personnel changes. Body language says a lot and there are several people not liking how this is going that are wearing Purple and Gold Jerseys.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 pm

LOL. So basically it all boils down another rant about too much Kobe ball. Yeah whatever bro.

RE: The Clipper game
No mention of the bigs failure to rebound or to capitalize on their touches...or some of the critical execution errors made by Morris. Some way out there passes that cost us key possessions....especially later in the game when the "horrible team ball" you keep talking about closed the gap to two points.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

kray28 wrote:LOL. So basically it all boils down another rant about too much Kobe ball. Yeah whatever bro.

RE: The Clipper game
No mention of the bigs failure to rebound or to capitalize on their touches...or some of the critical execution errors made by Morris. Some way out there passes that cost us key possessions....especially later in the game when the "horrible team ball" you keep talking about closed the gap to two points.


You should learn about how Basketball works before saying this is a Kobe rant. As I have stated elsewhere Kobe is the Greatest Player to step onto a court since Michael Jordan stepped off of one. He is also however the biggest detriment to his teams chemistry and he has never learned one thing that MJ did. How to make his team mates better. This is by no means a Kobe rant my station is entirely to high to rant on a player on my favorite team but I will point out facts... Like the fact you obviously are overlooking... Yes Kobe shot us out of a hole in the clippers game. He shot us out of the same Hole he shot us into. Facts First good sir.

Edited to add. Present some facts that prove otherwise. Look at this seasons wins and losses and compare player production and numbers then get back to me.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

viktorkain wrote:Ok watch the Clippers game again in the 4th Quarter on the fast break where Morris tosses the Bounce pass to Gasol through two defenders. After that score Kobe was yelling at the kid for not kicking the ball to him as he stood at the top of the key, Dont believe it just watch the 4th quarter again.


The bounce pass to Pau on the break happened late in the third quarter. Not the 4th.

I didn't see Kobe yelling at Morris after that play in any of the TV footage. And I have both the KCAL and FSN broadcast.

Kobe did push off one of the Clipper defenders who were doubling him right before Pau scored. He was probably pissed that he couldn't get an easy basket because of the defenders on him, but I doubt he was mad at Morris for finding Pau.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21706
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 pm

revgen wrote:
viktorkain wrote:Ok watch the Clippers game again in the 4th Quarter on the fast break where Morris tosses the Bounce pass to Gasol through two defenders. After that score Kobe was yelling at the kid for not kicking the ball to him as he stood at the top of the key, Dont believe it just watch the 4th quarter again.


The bounce pass to Pau on the break happened late in the third quarter. Not the 4th.

I didn't see Kobe yelling at Morris after that play in any of the TV footage. And I have both the KCAL and FSN broadcast.

Kobe did push off one of the Clipper defenders who were doubling him right before Pau scored. He was probably pissed that he couldn't get an easy basket because of the defenders on him, but I doubt he was mad at Morris for finding Pau.


Thank you for the quarter correction. I watched it on League Pass so I am not sure which channel that is where you are. clippers guys were commentating.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:01 pm

viktorkain wrote:
revgen wrote:
viktorkain wrote:Ok watch the Clippers game again in the 4th Quarter on the fast break where Morris tosses the Bounce pass to Gasol through two defenders. After that score Kobe was yelling at the kid for not kicking the ball to him as he stood at the top of the key, Dont believe it just watch the 4th quarter again.


The bounce pass to Pau on the break happened late in the third quarter. Not the 4th.

I didn't see Kobe yelling at Morris after that play in any of the TV footage. And I have both the KCAL and FSN broadcast.

Kobe did push off one of the Clipper defenders who were doubling him right before Pau scored. He was probably pissed that he couldn't get an easy basket because of the defenders on him, but I doubt he was mad at Morris for finding Pau.


Thank you for the quarter correction. I watched it on League Pass so I am not sure which channel that is where you are. clippers guys were commentating.


If it was the Clipper guys, then you were watching the FSN feed. Kobe clearly wasn't happy after the play, but I don't think it was anger towards Darius. Just at the Clipper defenders keeping him from getting an easy bucket on the break. All the defenders were swarming Kobe, which ended up opening a passing lane for Pau to get an easy basket.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21706
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Kobe should have yelled at Morris after he threw him that high arching rainbow pass that pushed Kobe 7-8 feet behind the three point line and he only had three secs left to get a shot off.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:19 pm

viktorkain wrote:You should learn about how Basketball works before saying this is a Kobe rant.


You should take your condescending tone and stuff it where the sun don't shine.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm

viktorkain wrote:
He is also however the biggest detriment to his teams chemistry and he has never learned one thing that MJ did. How to make his team mates better. This is by no means a Kobe rant my station is entirely to high to rant on a player on my favorite team but I will point out facts... Like the fact you obviously are overlooking... Yes Kobe shot us out of a hole in the clippers game. He shot us out of the same Hole he shot us into. Facts First good sir.



You can insist it's not a Kobe rant, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

So, Kobe has never learned how to make his teammates better? And you are calling for others to learn how basketball works before commenting? Kobe has always made his teammates better. It's one of the biggest Kobe myths people continue to parrot. Here's a name for example: Smush Parker. Compare Smush's career playing next to Kobe vs. playing next to anyone else.

I'm also curious what you mean by "my station is entirely too high".
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kosstick on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Waiting for the day that we can say something negative about kobe without being labeled as a kobe hater. I love kobe, he is the reason i started watching basketball/rooting for the lakers. But I am not blind, he is out best ball handler and we need him to get some of the other players going. It is amazing what he is doing right now (scoring back to back to back to back 40+ pt games). But we all need to remember that this isn't the 2005-2007 season where we had kwame/smush/luke starting... True kobe does ocassionally pass the ball, but it seems like the rest of the players are never prepared for it when kobe does decide to pass due to the fact that they are so used to kobe shooting.
kosstick

 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:28 pm

kray28 wrote:
viktorkain wrote:You should learn about how Basketball works before saying this is a Kobe rant.


You should take your condescending tone and stuff it where the sun don't shine.


kray, viktorkain did bait you with his comment, but he is new to the forum while you are a longtime member. You know this post of yours is a violation of site rules.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 pm

It's too bad that anyone pointing out Kobe's career-long penchant for questionable (I'm being nice) shot selection at times get so soundly attacked around here. It's just silly to ignore the facts, including the ones that make him so great.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Center Court, Frank Dux, Google [Bot], seasonVet24 and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.