Start Darius Morris

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby odom1year on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:55 am

Negative 13 when he was on the count about total 15 mins. Enough said. :mad1:
odom1year

 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:26 pm

odom1year wrote:Negative 13 when he was on the count about total 15 mins. Enough said. :mad1:


Means absolutely nothing vs the Clippers Pau was -15 and Kobe was -9. Who cares? The big Picture he is driving the lane under control and looking to make plays. His post passing is improving he had 0 turnovers vs Orlando and he is managing the Shot clock much more efficiently than he was. He has a total of 6 games played in his entire NBA career The Utah Cleveland and Clippers games were Decent to good and yes he had some rookie moments in them the Dallas and Miami games were bad.. Last nights game was acceptable and better than the previous two. People being overly critical and talking all this ship him out bs need to get real and give the man time to develop.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Larry14r on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 pm

viktorkain wrote:
odom1year wrote:Negative 13 when he was on the count about total 15 mins. Enough said. :mad1:


Means absolutely nothing vs the Clippers Pau was -15 and Kobe was -9. Who cares? The big Picture he is driving the lane under control and looking to make plays. His post passing is improving he had 0 turnovers vs Orlando and he is managing the Shot clock much more efficiently than he was. He has a total of 6 games played in his entire NBA career The Utah Cleveland and Clippers games were Decent to good and yes he had some rookie moments in them the Dallas and Miami games were bad.. Last nights game was acceptable and better than the previous two. People being overly critical and talking all this ship him out bs need to get real and give the man time to develop.


Plus the Lakers won't be able to get help from the outside anytime soon anyways.
Larry14r

 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby XXIV on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

He's very hesitant to shoot even when he's wide open, and he doesn't seem to have any purpose when he's dribbling which is something you don't want any player on your team to have let alone the point guard. He needs to drive to the rim more often and if he gets doubled just kick it out to one of our good shooters.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:42 pm

viktorkain wrote:
odom1year wrote:Negative 13 when he was on the count about total 15 mins. Enough said. :mad1:


Means absolutely nothing vs the Clippers Pau was -15 and Kobe was -9. Who cares? The big Picture he is driving the lane under control and looking to make plays. His post passing is improving he had 0 turnovers vs Orlando and he is managing the Shot clock much more efficiently than he was. He has a total of 6 games played in his entire NBA career The Utah Cleveland and Clippers games were Decent to good and yes he had some rookie moments in them the Dallas and Miami games were bad.. Last nights game was acceptable and better than the previous two. People being overly critical and talking all this ship him out bs need to get real and give the man time to develop.


Sometimes plus-minus means something....sometimes it doesn't. In Darius' case, it means something.

You can see an immediate degradation in the spacing of the offense and its' overall effectiveness when he's in there. The guy can't shoot, the guy can't pass, and he can't penetrate either.....when he does, he doesn't know if he's going to pass or shoot. He's a complete mess. It's hard to make Derek Fisher look good....but watching Morris play has been counting the minutes until Fish is back. That's really saying something because watching Fisher play is a pretty frustrating experience.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21242
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm

kray28 wrote:but watching Morris play has been counting the minutes until Fish is back. That's really saying something because watching Fisher play is a pretty frustrating experience.


So true.......
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23077
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:58 am

viktorkain wrote:
odom1year wrote:Negative 13 when he was on the count about total 15 mins. Enough said. :mad1:


Means absolutely nothing vs the Clippers Pau was -15 and Kobe was -9. Who cares? The big Picture he is driving the lane under control and looking to make plays. His post passing is improving he had 0 turnovers vs Orlando and he is managing the Shot clock much more efficiently than he was. He has a total of 6 games played in his entire NBA career The Utah Cleveland and Clippers games were Decent to good and yes he had some rookie moments in them the Dallas and Miami games were bad.. Last nights game was acceptable and better than the previous two. People being overly critical and talking all this ship him out bs need to get real and give the man time to develop.


Almost losing 1 point per 1 minute, isn't it a problem ? :man6:
odom1year

 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:17 am

Right now he is not the answer. I dont see him making plays for others, getting in the paint and finishing, or knocking down open shots. He needs some D-League experience and a trade is in much demand to make this team better.
Image
User avatar
Lakerfantilidie

 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:28 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:39 am

kray28 wrote:Sometimes plus-minus means something....sometimes it doesn't. In Darius' case, it means something.

You can see an immediate degradation in the spacing of the offense and its' overall effectiveness when he's in there. The guy can't shoot, the guy can't pass, and he can't penetrate either.....when he does, he doesn't know if he's going to pass or shoot. He's a complete mess. It's hard to make Derek Fisher look good....but watching Morris play has been counting the minutes until Fish is back. That's really saying something because watching Fisher play is a pretty frustrating experience.


Really? Darius does the exact same rotations Fisher does with better defense but there is a degradation in the spacing? Lets be honest you don't like the guy for whatever reason, Maybe you believe he is the sole reason our team is doing horribly. News flash he isn't. As far as him making Derek Fisher look good, no matter how you feel about anything I have said you just lost all credibility. The only time Derek looks good is when he is on the bench or the once every two year game winning 3, He is a mess on offense and defense. Lets put it all on the floor you are the same guy in the Orlando game day thread and the Miami game day threads who said Norris Cole and Wafer were burning him on Defense. When in fact he shut them down Norris Scored all of 2 points on Morris going 2 for 7 and wafer scored the same 2 points and yes he completely got beat on that two because he was trying to over help which is a mistake on his part after that wafer was out of the game going 1 for 7. Lets all be honest we do need a starting PG on this team but the vast majority of your criticism borders on ridiculous. I lol'd hard as all hell when in the same game day thread someone said "Before Morris gets another TO." This was in the Orlando game where he had 0 turn overs, funny stuff. Seeing as we are being overly critical he was the Only laker to actually hit his open shots when Kobe passed him the ball. Giving Kobe two of those 8 assists. Am I seeing different games than everyone else?
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby viktorkain on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:39 am

duplicate
Last edited by viktorkain on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
viktorkain

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Has the tools, lacks a brain. Someone show him Gerald Green's NBA story and maybe he'll slow the F down out there.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

He dribbles and dribbles and dribbles... and he's not fast or quick enough to get past his man so he does nothing...

Blah.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kray28 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Start Darius Morris on the Defenders....
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21242
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm

kray28 wrote:Start Darius Morris on the Defenders....
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
User avatar
KobeSystemtwofour

 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:52 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Hey he looks a little bit like Andre Miller and he's good...... :man1:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby thkthebest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:He dribbles and dribbles and dribbles... and he's not fast or quick enough to get past his man so he does nothing...

Blah.

He seems quick enough to me. He just doesn't actually do anything with the ball, and I have no idea why. Sample size is small, but he really just doesn't do anything positive on offense.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 am

thkthebest wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He dribbles and dribbles and dribbles... and he's not fast or quick enough to get past his man so he does nothing...

Blah.

He seems quick enough to me. He just doesn't actually do anything with the ball, and I have no idea why. Sample size is small, but he really just doesn't do anything positive on offense.


He kept trying to go right and whoever was guarding him just stayed in front. Twice he had to pass to Hill at an awkward angle, twice he passed out to the man at the top of the key. I saw him drive once and I don't remember if he made it, but there was a lot of traffic.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby thkthebest on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:10 am

Yea, it's really weird. Because of the rules, you can't even really touch players in the NBA without getting a foul called, but Darius Morris just can't get anywhere.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Doberman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:15 am

Morris has speed. The problem is he doesn't know how to change gears effectively.
Doberman

 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Thenextgreat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:00 am

I don't know..i keep looking for something but have yet to see anything from Morris...
User avatar
Thenextgreat

 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby Ryder Havasu on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:46 am

ktate14 wrote:I don't know..i keep looking for something but have yet to see anything from Morris...

This. Maybe he'll improve in the offseason and get a chance to prove himself with a full training camp and preseason. Plus we have no 1st rounders in this upcoming draft so he might get a chance purely on a lack of bodies in camp basis.
Image
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
User avatar
Ryder Havasu

 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:13 am
Location: No Longer Hawaii DANGIT!!!!

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby easyguy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Ryder Havasu wrote:
ktate14 wrote:I don't know..i keep looking for something but have yet to see anything from Morris...

This. Maybe he'll improve in the offseason and get a chance to prove himself with a full training camp and preseason. Plus we have no 1st rounders in this upcoming draft so he might get a chance purely on a lack of bodies in camp basis.



LOL this cracks me up. He basically have this full year to practice/train his basketball skills. He is not doing anything else, not playing in games, why cant he do what you want him to do now instead of the off season?
User avatar
easyguy

 
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby kenzo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:38 pm

kenzo wrote:Garbage.
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5970
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 pm

It depends on the price. We only inked Morris to a one year deal this season so he's a RFA next summer IIRC. Thing is, we're going to need a backup 1 behind Ramon as the team should and likely will be looking to move Blake's contract first chance they get. If we can re-up with him on the cheap or even better, on a NG contract, I'd consider giving him another chance. As I said earlier, he has the tools, it's simply a matter of him being able to put it all together.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Start Darius Morris

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Actually he's only guaranteed this year without an option for next season. We can just let him go. If we move Gasol, I expect we find a better backup PG in the deal. We have one draft pick and I expect that pick to be a PG too.

I suppose if we can re-sign him to a similar deal (he makes 473,604 dollars right now), then I'd be alright with that. He's not great, and he's not even good really, but he's a big guard body and that's always nice.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.