Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby TT24 on Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Doberman wrote:Brown/Blake = the new Phil/Fisher :jam2:

:man3:

Umm yeah no. That doesn't happen in one game/series/seasons.
TT24

Postby UNCLaker2 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am

i love CL and its mood swings!! today a hero tomorrow a Zero!!
Steve Blake the savior!
Ramon is garbage!!

Artest is garbage!
Barnes is awesome!

BTW When does a shot/free throw or a game not count dont they all count?!?
Kevin Garnett is the Vanilla Ice of Big Men!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTn ... re=related
UNCLaker2

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 am

The Rock wrote:
Janine Garcia wrote:wow....but keep it up man :jam2:

seee we got this, you were all freakin out over Text like GM 7 Finals 2010 :man10:

hahaha, I have to! Its always good luck :man12:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:13 am

Risky timing wise but I think Blake should start against OKC :

- Ramon isn't going to be able to go and finish at the rim with Iblocka and Porkins, long and mid range looks will be available , Blake is better at it
Kobe is back to being the main ballhander , the Kobe- Pau PNR is more efficient than Sesh PNR = Sesh being relegated to a spot up shooter role , once again Blake is a better fit here

AND

Sesh off the bench would matchup with Fish and absolutely murder him on PNR with his speed , a weakness Steve can't really exploit ... overall Ramon will be more involved in the offense
wcsoldier81

Postby frankrj on Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 am

Blake doesn't make a lot of errors and is a threat now so starting him may be good as Sessions will have to up his game to start.
frankrj

Postby Chopper on Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 am

i just thank god that oe of the role playrs for the Lakers finally got hot from the three point line. Sick of that killing the team.
Chopper

Postby khmrP on Mon May 14, 2012 10:06 am

frankrj wrote:Blake doesn't make a lot of errors and is a threat now so starting him may be good as Sessions will have to up his game to start.

to bad he only has these types of games at home and like once out of very 5 gms or so, so lets not get ahead of ourselves and call him a THREAT.
khmrP

Postby easyguy on Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 am

khmrP wrote:
frankrj wrote:Blake doesn't make a lot of errors and is a threat now so starting him may be good as Sessions will have to up his game to start.

to bad he only has these types of games at home and like once out of very 5 gms or so, so lets not get ahead of ourselves and call him a THREAT.

I was waiting for this. Lets just say Blake is good every game, KhmrP, will come in here and say Blake is only good every other minutes he's on the court. :man9:
easyguy

Postby Lakers808 on Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 am

blake is very streaky player, i hope his momentum and confidence lasts
Lakers808

Postby khmrP on Mon May 14, 2012 10:14 am

easyguy wrote:
khmrP wrote:

I was waiting for this. Lets just say Blake is good every game, KhmrP, will come in here and say Blake is only good every other minutes he's on the court. :man9:

dont know where you getting at with this but I'm not exactly wrong am I? He had a decent gm 1 and and great gm 7, so the avg. looks about every 4-5 gms whenever he has a good gm. Gm 7 was GREAT but I dont expect that to happen in OKC nor I do expect it to happen every gm either.
khmrP

Postby easyguy on Mon May 14, 2012 10:21 am

khmrP wrote:dont know where you getting at with this but I'm not exactly wrong am I? He had a decent gm 1 and and great gm 7, so the avg. looks about every 4-5 gms whenever he has a good gm. Gm 7 was GREAT but I dont expect that to happen in OKC nor I do expect it to happen every gm either.

What I'm getting at is that you are hard on Blake, no one on the Lakers is consistence day in and day out. Give credit where it's due and just hope for the best. If Blake did not score his 19 pts, I wonder if we could even get passed the Nuggets.
easyguy

Postby khmrP on Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

easyguy wrote:
khmrP wrote:dont know where you getting at with this but I'm not exactly wrong am I? He had a decent gm 1 and and great gm 7, so the avg. looks about every 4-5 gms whenever he has a good gm. Gm 7 was GREAT but I dont expect that to happen in OKC nor I do expect it to happen every gm either.

What I'm getting at is that you are hard on Blake, no one on the Lakers is consistence day in and day out. Give credit where it's due and just hope for the best. If Blake did not score his 19 pts, I wonder if we could even get passed the Nuggets.

I did give him credit, I said so in the Hero/Zero thread....but to call him a "threat" is quite a stretch and now after 1 game people are clamouring to give him the starting job again. Not that Sess was any better in that series but people need to curb their enthusiam for this guy.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm

he HAS to take those wide open 3's he gets from the bigs throwing the ball out of the post. it does NOT help the team's offense at all when he pump fakes the 3, take a dribble or two, then passes it to a big or kobe with a 10 seconds left on the clock.

dude has to grow some balls and play b2b games where hes aggressive in scoring. he can score effectively when he's confident and just shoots in the flow of the offense instead of being scared and hesitating.

1 shot is NOT what our backup PG who plays SHOOTING guard as well and has just as many mins as our starting PG. unacceptable...rather play a rookie than him...would get WAY more production.

Fisher even beat Blake on the dribble..thats sad. Defense wise he's just as good as Glock or Morris. And offense wise, Glock or Morris is WAY better. Sure he'll have one good game in a series...but id rather Glock average 5-7 points a game than have one 19pt game by blake.

dude has to start shooting the wide open looks and mb needs to get off his dick and realize he needs to play glock for stretches when blake is passing up wide open look after wide open look and ruining possessions :bang:
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Tue May 15, 2012 3:38 pm

even though he is a backup, his inconsistency is to much. But I'm sure he'll be here for the remainder of his contract :disagree:
khmrP

Postby JGC on Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 pm

khmrP wrote:
easyguy wrote:

I did give him credit, I said so in the Hero/Zero thread....but to call him a "threat" is quite a stretch and now after 1 game people are clamouring to give him the starting job again. Not that Sess was any better in that series but people need to curb their enthusiam for this guy.

Actually, the way we play Sesh now, we should start Blake again. Blake is a better spot up shooter and that's the role of Sessions now with the starting unit. When he first got here, he ran and he did what PGs do, run the team.

But if we're not going to let him do that with the starters, then I say let Blake start, he can spot up, and then let Sesh RUN with the bench. And let him run that unit. He posted bigger numbers with the freaking Cavaliers -- he can run a unit.
JGC

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

derek fisher wouldve made that shot tbh
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby postaboy on Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm

not your fault blake. you did your job. can't blame you on that last play.
postaboy

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm

A guy who only has a good game once in a blue moon = worthless.

That said, Blake is still slightly better than Sessions in the playoffs (how sad is that?)
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:28 pm

postaboy wrote:not your fault blake. you did your job. can't blame you on that last play.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby gcclaker on Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Wide open...good look...miss unfortunately.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

i wasn't expecting him to make any game winners, he's a very average NBA player (and that's sadly high praise). the fact that he missed it doesn't even phase me...it's expected. shouldn't have come down to it really
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby DHL on Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

nice pass bro
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby noobiew on Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Big lost today, missed and bricks a wide open game winner three ... :man6:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby jamabile on Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm

He needs to go in the offseason. I'm done with him and Sessions.
jamabile

Postby GoldHammish on Wed May 16, 2012 9:34 pm

It was a good look, just didn't go down. Call me crazy, but I'd trust Blake with an open 3 to win the game again if it comes down to it in the future.
GoldHammish

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion