Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Will The Lakers Amnesty Steve Blake?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:07 pm

West wrote:Nope. 2y/8m isn't toxic. Blake is still a solid backup.

Financially it isn't toxic, but on the court it is downright lethal to the team.

He is not a solid backup. He's an inconsistent role player that is overpaid and at 4 million you have to be pretty bad to be considered overpaid.

He needs to be amnestied / traded / forced into retirement for a couple of reasons:

1.) Mike Brown is in love with him. He will get 25-30 minutes a night if we don't upgrade our roster. He will take minutes away from both the PG and SG position. Brown will roll with veterans he loves, until he is forced to go with something else (I.E. the veteran isn't on the team anymore)

2.) Way too inconsistent. He will be non-existent on the road and will show up every other home game. For 4 million dollars that is downright pathetic. I can name 3 players combined salaries equal Blake's and put up a helluva lot better stats.

- Nate Rob / Pietrus / Delonte West

3.) How are we supposed to get better with him on the roster? He's not getting any better and from his time here, he's only going to get worse. He's had two years to show something and has come up blank both times. When Steve Blake saves your team from a 1st round exit to the Denver Nuggets because he went off 1 game, it's time to blow s*** up.

4.) He brings nothing off the bench. He dribbles around and makes horizontal passes, doesn't penetrate, reluctant to take shots and just isn't what we need going forward.

A solid backup is not Steve Blake. A solid backup is the 3 guys I named above. Steve Blake doesn't even come close in that regard.

If he's on the roster next season, it means it's Sessions/Blake and that isn't taking us anywhere.

I will celebrate when he's off the team and I'm praying it's before this season because I can't take another season of him being Brown's pet.

Ship him to Portland and save the amnesty.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:09 pm

^ Ship him to Portland for what?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby shoe on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Damn, i re read the first couple pages of this thread and i'm just wondering wtf happened to this guy. :bang:
shoe

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm

he sucks and i hope some team is foolish enough to take him off our hands
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby jamabile on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree he needs to go. I was so dissappointed with him and Pau over the last 2 years.
jamabile

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm

KeepBynum wrote:^ Ship him to Portland for what?

Nothing. For some reason Portland loves him. I don't care what we get back. 50 cents, a snickers, TPE, future 2nd round pick that never comes.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 432J on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:07 pm

hahahaha reading the first page of this thread and then forwarding to now is hilarious

anyways, i have never liked blake and i still maintain the belief that he is garbage. dump him quick and somewhere far far away
432J

Postby dj vitus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Sigh, guess Laker Management rolled snake eyes on this one... Gotta replace him no matter what. I like the second round pick idea for the amusement of drafting strange players and then cutting them in their second season.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/BlazerFreeman

Blazers want a backup PG

Do not expect #Blazers to pursue stars in decline or aging vets for quick fix. Steve Nash, Andre Miller, Chris Kaman, etc, not targets.

The #Blazers do not have intentions of pursing a PG to compete with Damian Lillard for starting spot. Lillard will be the guy.

#Blazers might pursue a veteran PG, but he will be signed knowing his role is to mentor Lillard and not compete for starting spot.

Sign and Trade JJ Hickson to us and we give them Steve Blake?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Perfect situation.

Portland loves Blake

LA loves any player not named Blake or Smush

Hickson for Blake in a heartbeat.

Blake for a 2nd rounder in a new york minute.

Blake for a TPE in a nanosecond.

Blake for anything.....DO IT MITCH!!
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Get rid of him. He's making too much money to be as inconsistent as he's been. Worst case scenario amnesty the guy.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 am

Screw Hickson, we don't need him. Take Blake for a future 2nd rounder or something. Seriously... Blake sucks, we don't want him. Hell, protect the pick all you want too.

Hickson is super average and I'd rather the Lakers focus on Hill than try to get Hickson here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 am

therealdeal wrote:Screw Hickson, we don't need him. Take Blake for a future 2nd rounder or something. Seriously... Blake sucks, we don't want him. Hell, protect the pick all you want too.

Hickson is super average and I'd rather the Lakers focus on Hill than try to get Hickson here.

Hickson is a very good player. Granted its a small sample size, but he averaged 15 points, 8 boards, and shot over 50 percent from the field with the Blazers. If Portland offered Hickson for Blake we should do that in a heartbeat. I love Jordan, but JJ is a superior player.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:43 am

If we can get rid of Blake...you do it unless you get a worse contract back.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm

so its highly impossible to dump this scrub but is it to late for this guy to learn something and actually become a PG from Nash?
khmrP

Postby Uncle_Drew on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

I would trade Blake, and a second round pick to whatever team takes him on..
Uncle_Drew

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Blake is not great yes, but of we can't find a better replacement is rather play him than Morris or Glock at PG. He has not lived up to expectations with us, and at times he's flat out sucked, but I guess he's not the absolute worst backup PG in the NBA.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Trade this scrub to Portland. :jam2:

For a TPE, 2nd rounder, I don't really care. I just don't wanna see this scrub ever play for the Lakers again.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn...a young cheap PG. But with that said, i don't think anybody is taking steve blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.
FabFourLakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn...a young cheap PG. But with that said, i don't think anybody is taking steve blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.

Portland needs a backup PG.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby ben_ready on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn...a young cheap PG. But with that said, i don't think anybody is taking steve blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.

Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

ben_ready wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Yell™

:man3:
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Hood

Postby JUST-MING on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm

ben_ready wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn ... a young cheap PG. But, with that said, I don't think anybody is taking Steve Blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.

Yell™

Jonny Flynn is a choir boy in comparson to his former teammate Paul Harris, who was busted for selling crack rock in high school.
JUST-MING

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
ben_ready wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Yell™

:man3:

Yell™ son! :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Furious D on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:07 pm

ben_ready wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Yell™

:man10:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion