Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 pm

It's not racist to talk about race.

And no we're not. Like bystander said there's the T-Wolves with Rubio and Ridnour. I think there's another one but I'd have to sit and think for a while. Who's backing up Dragic in Phoenix?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
nthydro wrote:I'm not being racist but are we the only team in the league with a two white PG rotation?

Yeah that's not racist at all.

I got two words for you...

Flip. Flop.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:It's not racist to talk about race.

And no we're not. Like bystander said there's the T-Wolves with Rubio and Ridnour. I think there's another one but I'd have to sit and think for a while. Who's backing up Dragic in Phoenix?

Thank you sir. I definitely was not trying to be racist.
nthydro

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:27 pm

nthydro wrote:I'm not being racist but are we the only team in the league with a two white PG rotation?

two white steve rotation...
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 pm

it irks me that mike brown has so much confidence in this guy
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Actually it is. Why should the race of our players matter? I don't see anyone talking about how our two best players are African American in Kobe and Dwight. Who cares? Race doesn't mean a damn thing. I don't care what race our players are. Only thing they matters to me is they're good basketball players.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby thkthebest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 pm

They aren't African American. They're black.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 pm

thkthebest wrote:They aren't African American. They're black.

Same thing.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby ben_ready on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:24 pm

He's showing heart but dang,I wanted him gone
And with jj barea wolves have 3, but it doesn't matter if they can play in my book, but blake is Luke like and that's not good yell™

I'm black not African American it's not the same
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby OX1947 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm not racists buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...........................

That preamble has always been a favorite of mine.
OX1947

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:04 pm

So I guess Blake is not gonna miss any games then? Kinda wanted to see how Duhon would do.
Last edited by nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Actually it is. Why should the race of our players matter? I don't see anyone talking about how our two best players are African American in Kobe and Dwight. Who cares? Race doesn't mean a damn thing. I don't care what race our players are. Only thing they matters to me is they're good basketball players.

1. Obviously you do not understand the meaning of being racist or making a racial comment. My question was not degrading or derogatory in any manner. Don't try to make something out of nothing.

2. Not all black people are African American and vice verse. Google it.

3. What are your thoughts on Deron Williams?
nthydro

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:28 pm

nthydro wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

1. Obviously you do not understand the meaning of being racist or making a racial comment. My question was not degrading or derogatory in any manner. Don't try to make something out of nothing.

2. Not all black people are African American and vice verse. Google it.

3. What are your thoughts on Deron Williams?

Well then we'll just agree to disagree then. Your comment was clearly racist saying we have an all white rotation. Who gives a flying f*** what their race is? It means absolutely nothing. There's absolutely no reason to make a racist comment like that.

As for Deron Williams he's a great basketball player. One of the best point guards in the game and one of the best overall players in the game.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am

It's not racist to simply ask a question having to do with race.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 am

"I like the Lakers because they are one of the the few teams in the NBA who have two white point guards."

That would be an example of racism.
MadMax

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:01 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

So if you don't care, then why is it racist? You called Dwight and Kobe African American, is that racist?

Racism is so loosely defined now by this generation it disgusts me. Racism is not mentioning the race of a person, that's a description. Racism would be discriminating against that person for the race that they are. If I have a friend who is Indian and I say,"You are Indian", that's not racist. If I say,"I dislike you because you're [insert random Indian racist comment here]", that's racist.

Here's the definition of racism: .
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Where in nthydro's post did he say anything disparaging? Where in his post did he imply that having two white PGs was a bad thing or that they were bad/inferior people because of their race?

It's not racist to say "that person over there is black." It's racist to use that knowledge and information as a way to discriminate against that person. Recognition of race is not the same as racism.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am

I have to put it down in words.

Someone here isn't racist and someone here have to stop posting for a while. A month or two maybe. Or three.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:34 am

RealDeal speaks the real deal for real though.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Blake is usually one of the most criticized guys on the team. And he deserves most of it. But like it's fair to criticize him when he doesn't perform, I think we should also give him credit when he deserves it.
In this case, I think he deserves credit for his work ethic and dedication. Just listen to what Brown has to say about him in today's practice report and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121005brown
I think he should get recognition not only from his coach but from fans of the team that sure give it to other players when hearing about stuff like this.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Translate it on the court, and he will get respect...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Finwë wrote:Blake is usually one of the most criticized guys on the team. And he deserves most of it. But like it's fair to criticize him when he doesn't perform, I think we should also give him credit when he deserves it.
In this case, I think he deserves credit for his work ethic and dedication. Just listen to what Brown has to say about him in today's practice report and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121005brown
I think he should get recognition not only from his coach but from fans of the team that sure give it to other players when hearing about stuff like this.

I think Blake is a great teammate and I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure he's a hard worker or Kobe wouldn't trust him.

But all of that work really hasn't produced on the court. I've been one of his few supporters but we need some production from him this season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Blake sucks. I wanted to get rid of him, but we couldn't. Hopefully he can come in for 15 minutes and just not screw up. He's kinda like that quarterback in football. Where you just run the ball alot and ask the quarterback to not screw up and turn the ball over. Like a bus driver quarterback. That's what Blake is.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Weezy wrote:It's not racist to simply ask a question having to do with race.

:man10:
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Still early training camp but Blake was with the 1st unit in Kobe absence ... Meeks has been with the 3rd unit since the beginning of the camp ... the way Brown spoke about Steve Blake in today's practice interview , it's clear he's still in love with him ... don't be surprised if Blake is still the backup 2 and Meeks rides the bench :bang: :bang:
wcsoldier81

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 am

We'll see Meeks against G.S. for sure... Kobe might not play with that sore foot
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion