Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: Trolling. (p. 103)

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 am

kenzo wrote:I would like to see Refs faces after that shot went in. Im afraid they were more devastated than fans in the arena :man10:.

Yep.

No bonuses for them.

Stern foiled by the White Mamba.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Barnstable on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Plot wrote:Hahaha! Thanks Blake for the gamewinner tonight. :mhihi: :jam2:

Dat screen by Nash. :man1: :man10: :man9:

Why was the Houston team yelling at Lin? Looked like Beverly was the one that messed up and didn't recognize Lin was blocked by his man Nash.

Anyway, Blake was the man last night. He has heart, no question, he just also has way too many off nights to be relied upon for being an answer at starting PG IMO.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm

You know at first glances I thought Lin had his hands out in frustration looking at Beverly the way he was just walking along with no intensity, or not covering. Then someone showed another angle of Lin at I think the same moment and said he was appealing to the refs about Nash's screen. But Beverly was taken out of it by Pau.
LTLakerFan

Postby SeasonTicketHolder on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:17 pm

It was actually a double screen for Blake - Nash sets a pick on Lin, Pau sets a pick on Beverly - Dwight reacts a fraction of a second too late...

Missed free throws and a missed assignment to end the game - nice Dwight :jam2:
SeasonTicketHolder

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

@SteveBlake5: “@jordanchill43: I love u @SteveBlake5” Love you too! #bandofbrothers

Did we just become best friends? Yup

Do you want to go do karate in the garage? Yup
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 pm

SeasonTicketHolder wrote:It was actually a double screen for Blake - Nash sets a pick on Lin, Pau sets a pick on Beverly - Dwight reacts a fraction of a second too late...

Yeah Dwight almost freaking got that. That would have bit the big one :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
@SteveBlake5: “@jordanchill43: I love u @SteveBlake5” Love you too! #bandofbrothers

this is how we do it!

nun nun nun nahnah

:man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Barnstable on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

SeasonTicketHolder wrote:It was actually a double screen for Blake - Nash sets a pick on Lin, Pau sets a pick on Beverly - Dwight reacts a fraction of a second too late...

it was definitely a double screen, that Beverly just laid on and made no attempt to get around. No way Dwight could react fast enough once he saw Beverly wasn't even attempting to fight through.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Even if Blake had missed, Pau was the only one under the basket to clean it up or was wide open for a pass.

That play needs to be saved.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Armani on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Blake actually is a solid role player. Provides good spacing, decision making, etc. He's just forced to play at SG most of the time, or his defense isn't exactly bad either.
Armani

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Barnstable wrote:

it was definitely a double screen, that Beverly just laid on and made no attempt to get around. No way Dwight could react fast enough once he saw Beverly wasn't even attempting to fight through.

Funny thing is it was all Nash. He pushes Beverly into Pau, then locks up Lin for just a split second.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: "I love u @SteveBlake5" (107)

Postby TIME on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Blake earned a lifetime pass from me from all criticism with that shot. He officially can do no wrong. :bow:
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

this is how we do it!

nun nun nun nahnah

:man10:

WHOA!! Sorry, tooting my own horn here but "Band of Brothers" gloss about the 2nd unit came flying off my fingers a few days ago…. referring to their attitude out there together. :mhihi: :mhihi:
LTLakerFan

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 pm

TIME wrote:Blake earned a lifetime pass from me from all criticism with that shot. He officially can do no wrong. :bow:

until next game when he goes 1-9 :jam2:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby escobar8 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:15 pm

great shot by blake...and i have to give props to nash and pau for good screen...
and i think that MDA deserves some...we finaly made good play for last shot...it looked simple and fluid...
its usualy,give it to kobe and pray for him to make some magic...while we very often gave other teams easy,wide open shots...so it was nice and refreshing to see it on our side...
escobar8

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:14 am

Time for Blake to reign supreme and lead this team to the playoffs.

in 8 miles we trust..

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 am

With Nash out, Damnphony will be forced to play Blake at his natural position. No more Blake at the 2 please. Watching yesterday's game, Blake was playing the most competitively out there. His competitiveness was the only positive thing in yesterday's nightmare of a game.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am

Juronimo wrote:With Nash out, Damnphony will be forced to play Blake at his natural position. No more Blake at the 2 please. Watching yesterday's game, Blake was playing the most competitively out there. His competitiveness was the only positive thing in yesterday's nightmare of a game.

Agreed. I actually like Blake at the one. Not great but when he's healthy he's decent, especially under D' Antoni and not Brown.
Lakerjones

Postby Finwë on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 am

He always plays hard. The problem he used to have was confidence, he seemed hesitant before shooting, and routinely passed up open shots.
Possibly the one thing MDA has done right has been to free up Blake and make him a more willing and consistent (because he's willing) shooter, a more confident player.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Dude runs 2.8 miles a game. Saw that in another thread this morning. Some of those miles are to, under, around and back away from the basket before just passing it back out. Clearly not a finisher but he knows his limitations. Sometimes does on sneaky little Nash type moves he seems to have picked up. Sometimes he pivots, turns around and puts up a quick short J. Whatever.

But Steve Black has been giving it his all out there and so far clearly been outplaying Farmar at the point. Gets on red hot shooting streaks and not too, too often just sucking out there when guarding guys he should be guarding. Stay healthy and give it hell as the starting PG for the L.A. Lakers beginning tonight against the Pelicans again. Let's see how tonight goes with that and Meeks, improved, starting at the 2.

Jordan step your game up and play well too. Let's go! No more Nash bashing for awhile. Let's cut these guys a little slack? Not everyone is "hot" every night and no one shuts down the burners at PG when they're hitting.

Go Lakes :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Whoever started using the Steve Blake "Garbage" sig a while back, I think it's working, guy is balling. He's clearly a PG, he shouldn't play the 2 again.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Blake is playing great. He ran the hell out of this team tonight without having to score much at all.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:37 pm

He played great against the Pelicans tonight and was dealing the assists with crisp passing, some off the dribble like Nash left and right hands. 7 or 8 bounce passes. Just a nice game. Doesn't necessarily look for his shot when at the 1 which is OK long as he keeps them honest.

Speaking of crisp passes….wow that overhand bullet by Kaman tonight to I forget who now, was :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:07 am

Weezy wrote:Whoever started using the Steve Blake "Garbage" sig a while back, I think it's working, guy is balling. He's clearly a PG, he shouldn't play the 2 again.

Has been working to perfection!!! :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion