Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: "I love u @SteveBlake5" (107)

Postby ThizGuy83 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:14 am

I would of thought. Let Blake or whoever is pg handle the ball. Kobe should either spot up. Cut to the basket. Post up if it comes to it. But Blake is a pg and he's been ok to good at it. Let him do his job and it'll make kobes easier
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:39 am

not trying to be cynic but Blake should get use to it, thats always gona happen with Kobe dominating the ball.
khmrP

Postby kenzo on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

Let him play the point, no need for this SG BS :bang: I realy don't care about Kobe channeling his inner Magic and stuff. He'll give us 10+ assists on some ocassions but more often than that, he'll over pass and make way too many TO's. Let Blake play/do what he does best damn it :man2:
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:38 am

I wish he punched company man Ireland with his useless questions .

As for Kobe letting a PG do his thing... good luck with that
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:08 am

He'll have to adjust to Kobe being back. Can't play that Nash Phoenix Suns role anymore and rack up 10+ assists a night when Kobe has the ball alot. He shot terribly so I hope his elbow injury gets better SOON bc we need him to make those shots that he seems to get wide open for alot.

Can't wait for Farmar to be back and go HAM with the bench. Blake has been playing well so this game I'll let slide as there was a lot of bad play all around esp. for the starters
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 am

It's not about Blake adjusting to Kobe. It's about Mike D'Antoni playing Blake at SG.

He's not a SG. Period. If you're going to give Blake minutes with Kobe trying to play PG, give him the backup PG position.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

One of the players who struggled to find his rhythm in Bryant's return was Steve Blake, as he failed to register five assists or more for just the fifth time all season (finishing with four) and also scored fewer than five points for just the third time (finishing with three on 1-for-6 shooting) against the Toronto Raptors.

"It will be a little bit of a challenge, but I was [playing off the ball] in the beginning of the year when [Steve] Nash was playing," Blake said. "I'm going to have to try to get comfortable with that situation again, hopefully sooner than later."
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Blah, not a fan of Blake off the ball, he was garbage to start the season because he had to do that. His shot was off then and that's all he was being allowed to do so he looked useless. Now in recent games when his shot is off he was putting up 10 assists a game, so it hardly mattered. Now it's off again because of his wrist injury, yet it's all he's being allowed to do. If you want a 2 guard out there make it Meeks, put Kobe at PG if he wants that role, and let Blake run the bench unit by himself so he's not a wasted spot up shooter. Is it just me or is it not that complicated?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I feel that Famar is down so it makes ridiculous amount of sense to have him lead the 2nd unit. Play Kob as the facilitator of the 1st unit. Any unit with Pau and Kobe will be a slower team that wants to control the tempo.

Then release the dogs with Blake and the 2nd unit.

Kobe
Meeks
Wes
Pau
Sacre

Blake
SwaggyP
X
Williams
Hill
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm

I said this the other day.........

Blake needs to move to the bench and run the second unit. Farmar needs to be inserted in the starting lineup cause he can play both with and without the ball. Also, Farmar is not afraid to do what he thinks needs to be done instead of defering to Kobe. While Farmar is out they should bring Meeks in to play opposite Kobe.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kblo247 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Weezy wrote:Blah, not a fan of Blake off the ball, he was garbage to start the season because he had to do that. His shot was off then and that's all he was being allowed to do so he looked useless. Now in recent games when his shot is off he was putting up 10 assists a game, so it hardly mattered. Now it's off again because of his wrist injury, yet it's all he's being allowed to do. If you want a 2 guard out there make it Meeks, put Kobe at PG if he wants that role, and let Blake run the bench unit by himself so he's not a wasted spot up shooter. Is it just me or is it not that complicated?

Not complicated at all. And Blake has a habit of totally deferring to any name ... Nash, Kobe, Roy, Iverson, Miller, Reed, and in Washington. He needs to play away from a name and be a pg like in this stretch without Kobe or Nash and as a clipper with baron hurt
kblo247

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:05 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I said this the other day.........

Blake needs to move to the bench and run the second unit. Farmar needs to be inserted in the starting lineup cause he can play both with and without the ball. Also, Farmar is not afraid to do what he thinks needs to be done instead of defering to Kobe. While Farmar is out they should bring Meeks in to play opposite Kobe.

Very true and that's something we need when Kobe is out on the floor. Farmar is the only one who won't always follow what Kobe wants to do, unlike Nash and Blake. :man10:
XXIV

Postby Juronimo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Weezy wrote:Blah, not a fan of Blake off the ball, he was garbage to start the season because he had to do that. His shot was off then and that's all he was being allowed to do so he looked useless. Now in recent games when his shot is off he was putting up 10 assists a game, so it hardly mattered. Now it's off again because of his wrist injury, yet it's all he's being allowed to do. If you want a 2 guard out there make it Meeks, put Kobe at PG if he wants that role, and let Blake run the bench unit by himself so he's not a wasted spot up shooter. Is it just me or is it not that complicated?

I don't think it's complicated but you have to remember who the coach is.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:18 pm

XXIV wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I said this the other day.........

Very true and that's something we need when Kobe is out on the floor. Farmar is the only one who won't always follow what Kobe wants to do, unlike Nash and Blake. :man10:

Oddly enough Kobe isn't the problem with that it is the other guys. Kobe is aggressive but he respect guys who have their own confidence. He is one of their biggest cheerleaders when they succeed. The problem is that they sit back and wait for Kobe to do it all. They need to balance their aggression with his.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:58 pm

So Mason and Ireland said the starting lineup tonight to try to counter Phoenix's speed is Kobe at the 3, Meeks at the 2, Pau at center, Williams at the 4 and Blake at the 1.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Better game from him today. I think he's developing what we need from him in order to play with Kobe. A little bit of spunk. A little more willingness to control the ball.

We need him to be strong right now and not give in to Kobe too much. Kobe wants to do a lot right away, but he's not ready yet. Steve needs to help ease him back into it.

Good game today.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Blake surprised me today because he didn't just differ to Kobe. If he plays like that then he can stay as a starter to me.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 am

Did exactly what we all wanted, act as the PG. I just really feel like this game was solely lost on the defensive end, we couldn't get an effin stop.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:25 am

hmmm interesting, steve blake highest plus/minus: +6
Meeks with the lowest by far: -15
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby wallangong on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:47 am

^ interesting because Meeks basically kept us in the game in the 1st half. I really have to put this loss on MDA. Kobe looked about as good as we could expect and didn't dominate the ball, but it still looks like we've lost our identity.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Blake had 10 assists against the Suns, which was great to see again
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Finally, I seen a game where he can co-exist with Kobe; Kobe played more off-ball and didn't force anything and still ended up with 20...Blake controlled the offense for the most part and wasn't reduced to a spot-up shooter. That was a positive.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 pm

wtf, injured???

:bang:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Blake out 6 weeks for that torn ligament :bang:
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:17 pm

@Lakers

Injury Update. Steve Blake has a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. He is expected to be out a minimum of 6 weeks.

Great.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion