Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

I'm shocked that he wasn't amnestied! I hope Mitch knows that Blake is the worst PG on the entire planet. He shouldn't even be in the NBA, or the D League, for that matter. Please sign Nate Robinson aka State of Nate and get rid of this scrub. :jam2:
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 am

FabFourLakers wrote:The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn...a young cheap PG. But with that said, i don't think anybody is taking steve blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.

I love Flynn, always have, ever since his days at Syracuse. Love his heart and tenacity. Don't forget about Nate Robinson, too. Energy guy off the bench who could just light it up on any given night.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby JGC on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 am

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:I'm shocked that he wasn't amnestied! I hope Mitch knows that Blake is the worst PG on the entire planet. He shouldn't even be in the NBA, or the D League, for that matter. Please sign Nate Robinson aka State of Nate and get rid of this scrub. :jam2:

Really? You're shocked he hasn't been amnestied? Seriously?
JGC

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Furious D wrote:
ben_ready wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:The only guy I can think of off the top of my head that can probably replace Steve Blake is Jonny Flynn...a young cheap PG. But with that said, i don't think anybody is taking steve blake off our hands. He will be our back up PG.

Portland needs a backup PG.

Yell™

:man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby nthydro on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 pm

KeepBynum wrote:Trade this scrub to Portland. :jam2:

For a TPE, 2nd rounder, I don't really care. I just don't wanna see this scrub ever play for the Lakers again.

I just went back and read the earlier posts in this thread and I find it hilarious how in less than two years Steve Blake went from our PG savior to worthless scrub. But then again Ramon Sessions went from hero to zero in basically half a year :man10:

So how long will it be before we crucify Steve Nash?
nthydro

Postby ben_ready on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 am

Blake is anus, I like the nate ideal, Superman and lil luthor on the same squad would be knot yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Luol Deng: I like people like @SteveBlake5 helping people and not making noise about it. #ThatsReal
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

ThaEntrepreneur wrote:I'm shocked that he wasn't amnestied! I hope Mitch knows that Blake is the worst PG on the entire planet. He shouldn't even be in the NBA, or the D League, for that matter. Please sign Nate Robinson aka State of Nate and get rid of this scrub. :jam2:

Duhon is the worst PG on the planet :man10:
khmrP

Postby LooN3y on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

nthydro wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:Trade this scrub to Portland. :jam2:

For a TPE, 2nd rounder, I don't really care. I just don't wanna see this scrub ever play for the Lakers again.

I just went back and read the earlier posts in this thread and I find it hilarious how in less than two years Steve Blake went from our PG savior to worthless scrub. But then again Ramon Sessions went from hero to zero in basically half a year :man10:

So how long will it be before we crucify Steve Nash?

i never wanted blake to come, i always thought of him as a downgrade from farmar.

u just dont think his skills matched what we needed. hes a traditional point guard, he needs the balls in his hands to be effective. he has a good 3pt shot % but thats probably cuz he hardly takes them, even open was. if he hit those open 3s and made them, it would be fine. but he cant and not only that his defensive liability tops it off.

sessions going from hero to zero? and first of all let me say this, i never wanted session on our team, he was never the answer, i mean he helps but i didnt want him. esp when he doesnt have a natural shooting stroke, which is imperative since kobes going to handling it in crunchtimes in which that open 3 ball needs to be made.

sessions was lost imo, he didnt know whether to play his way, or to defer to kobe, but it was obvious mike brown didnt help at all. and it was his first time in the play offs and i didnt expect anything, i would of been surprised if we won it all with that horrible back court we have minus kobe.

sessions would of been perfect for us playing behind nash and playing aside meeks, but as a starting point guard, hell to the no.
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Luol Deng: I like people like @SteveBlake5 helping people and not making noise about it. #ThatsReal

What did Blake do to deserve such appreciation? Are he and Deng friends? :man3:

This makes no sense to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

He does have a pretty hot wife
nthydro

Postby davriver290 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 pm

While Blake is sometimes frustrating..... He's not that bad of a backup. I think the complaining was magnified because he was backing up Fisher...... for most of the season. But Behind Nash, I expect him to just come in, play D, hit a couple of threes, and sit back down. I know we're overpaying him for what he does... but we could have worse.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby The Rock on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

I think they ran into each other while doing charity work in Africa.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 pm

The Rock wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

I think they ran into each other while doing charity work in Africa.

Blake tweeted that they accidentally met at the Rwandan airport. Small World he added
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Well then that's cool.

In all honesty, I like Blake. I just don't think he's a very good basketball player. He can't get much worse, so I expect him to get a little better this season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I also think he will be better...no pressure anymore with Nash around, I believe he will flourish. He has no competition for the back up role though.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Sometimes, I don't even blame Blake. I think Mike Brown must be kookoo, but he keeps putting Blake on bigger and stronger guys that he has no shot of defending. The only thing the Blake needs to do is drive in more, and try to score inside...this will help balance his game. The defender needs to know that there is a threat to penetrate and score.
Last edited by jimbo327 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I also think he will be better...no pressure anymore with Nash around, I believe he will flourish. He has no competition for the back up role though.

Unfortunately he does. His competition is Duhon. :scurred:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I also think he will be better...no pressure anymore with Nash around, I believe he will flourish. He has no competition for the back up role though.

anti-yell™ (this is of course assuming yell™ is something good.)
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 pm

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 pm

LooN3y wrote: he needs the balls in his hands to be effective.

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am

Scnottaken wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

anti-yell™ (this is of course assuming yell™ is something good.)

But yeah that's probably bad.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am

davriver290 wrote:While Blake is sometimes frustrating..... He's not that bad of a backup. I think the complaining was magnified because he was backing up Fisher...... for most of the season. But Behind Nash, I expect him to just come in, play D, hit a couple of threes, and sit back down. I know we're overpaying him for what he does... but we could have worse.

Except that he's going to be backing up Nash and his bad back this season so those minutes are probably only going to be increased.

Either Blake or Duhon :scurred:

I'm not a Blake hater, but he's probably going to be one our biggest problems this season Fart™
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am

Barnstable wrote:Except that he's going to be backing up Nash and his bad back this season so those minutes are probably only going to be increased.

Either Blake or Duhon :scurred:

I'm not a Blake hater, but he's probably going to be one our biggest problems this season Fart™

I disagree.

The biggest problems I had with Blake were a) too many minutes and b) he was not aggressive enough.

His too many minutes resulted from him being our backup PG AND our backup SG. Remember him playing with Sessions? Or even worse, with Derek? That's not going to happen anymore. We have a legitimate backup SG in Meeks. The kid started in a lot of games for Philadelphia, he'll be a very good backup to Kobe. Blake will be Nash's backup and even if Nash plays only 30 minutes a game, that's 18 minutes a game left for Blake, and that's still a few minutes less than what he did last season. He'll play a little less in a role he's more suited for.

The second problem however may still be a problem. I don't know why, but ever since he's been a Laker he's been very passive. His shooting comes and goes, but part of that is because he rarely takes the open shot. I don't really understand why, but he almost never shoots the ball when he's open. He takes a lot of bailout shots from distance because of lack of movement and double teams down low. I'm hopeful that playing with Nash will loosen him up a bit and having our bench guys get out in transition may help too.

Blake can't get a whole lot worse, so this season I expect him to get just a bit better. It'll help that he only plays backup PG now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 am

^Wowww you're right. I didn't realize Blake averaged over 23min per game last season. His stats are even worse than I thought if he played that many minutes, and that's all he could muster.

That's horrific.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion