Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I'm done.. I just went back in this thread and you have been doing the same thing for over a year. It is simple hate plain and simple. YOu never post when he has a great game just when you can pick on something to prove your irrational dislike for him.

that's cause it RARELY happens, I gave him props earlier for game in which I thought he should be playing at (game @ Minn) but that doesn't happen very often. Yes I hate Blake the player and I can only hope he's not on the team next yr.

Really is the only point to your post. It doesn't RARELY happen you just refuse to see it. You already admitted it which is good so we can stop pretending that you care about the actual FACTS. Oh by the way, you don't give him props at all in fact you avoid this thread when he is playing great.

sorry if my definition of GREAT is different than yours, what he did @ Minn is great, what he's done over the last 4 gms or so is called getting by. Me not giving him props for EVERY passable gm is like you giving him due/pass when he has a bad game by using past game as ref.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 pm

thisbjgz wrote:Blake has been huge for us during this stretch after the ASG..anyone failed to see that is a troll and hasn't watched Laker games closely. PG is probably the hardest position to guard in the NBA..he fights through screens and has been copying the whole Steve Nash 'dribble in the paint and survey options' alot and it has worked pretty good at times. Him and Dwight has a pretty good connection on that P&R. He has hit timely 3's and made plays to help us win. I don't see how anyone can discredit his effort. I guess we can go back to Darius Morris as our backup PG if anyone is not happy with Blake.. :bang:

You're right. I'm not going to waste what little time I have on this...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:03 pm

everyone has difference of opinion, I'm just amazed at how low standards are when the word GREAT can be used in ref to Blakes play, take a look at Jared Jacks #'s with only 1.mill difference in salary thats what I expect if you want me to use the word GREAT for a backup player. Just so I dont sound like I only hate on Blake, i dont consider what Meeks is doing GREAT either, he just does what did last year.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm

khmrP wrote:everyone has difference of opinion, I'm just amazed at how low standards are when the word GREAT can be used in ref to Blakes play, take a look at Jared Jacks #'s with only 1.mill difference in salary thats what I expect if you want me to use the word GREAT for a backup player. Just so I dont sound like I only hate on Blake, i dont consider what Meeks is doing GREAT either, he just does what did last year.

Look you don't need to play with the "words" to try and make your point. You admitted you hate Blake so there for it doesn't matter what he does you will not like it. After reading earlier post in this thread you were doing the same thing no matter what he did. You want to plug and play a person in the hopes that "if they did it there they can do it here" but that isn't how it works. Jared Jack is a player who is ASKED to try and score for his team and not to SET UP his teammates. Those two aren't the same. It's like saying Dwight doesn't play like Dirk. Both are great players but are asked to perform different task on their teams. It is amazing that Kobe, Nash, Dwight and the coaching staff all sing high praise for Blake for what he brings to the team, yet, you find nothing but hate.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:everyone has difference of opinion, I'm just amazed at how low standards are when the word GREAT can be used in ref to Blakes play, take a look at Jared Jacks #'s with only 1.mill difference in salary thats what I expect if you want me to use the word GREAT for a backup player. Just so I dont sound like I only hate on Blake, i dont consider what Meeks is doing GREAT either, he just does what did last year.

Look you don't need to play with the "words" to try and make your point. You admitted you hate Blake so there for it doesn't matter what he does you will not like it. After reading earlier post in this thread you were doing the same thing no matter what he did. You want to plug and play a person in the hopes that "if they did it there they can do it here" but that isn't how it works. Jared Jack is a player who is ASKED to try and score for his team and not to SET UP his teammates. Those two aren't the same. It's like saying Dwight doesn't play like Dirk. Both are great players but are asked to perform different task on their teams. It is amazing that Kobe, Nash, Dwight and the coaching staff all sing high praise for Blake for what he brings to the team, yet, you find nothing but hate.

and yet Jack avg. 5.6asst/gm, thats what great players or backup can do, they can do more then 1 thing at a time. If/when Blake can reproduce his stat line like he did @ Minn on a 3-4 gm stretch here and there I'll glady eat my words give him his greatness praise.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm

^again it is all about numbers and not the things that don't show up on a stat sheet.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^again it is all about numbers and not the things that don't show up on a stat sheet.

so your post try to play Jack as his role is to score but he still manages 5+ asst but then this is your counter when theirs actual #'s being provided, so what is Blake doing that dont show up on stat sheet that Jack doesn't? Again this is me saying I want Blake to match Jack's #'s but if you want me to praise him for being great then I expect those #'s Blake posted against Minn, 2-3 pts with 3-4 asst here and there is fitting of solid/contributor but not even close in definition of a great contributor.
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:51 pm

WTF!! I look into this thread to see the good comments for how Steve Black has been playing for the Lakers (best since he's been with us, and keeping the Nash type positives on the floor going when Nash is out) and run smack into khmrP just completely underwhelmed with him and wanting I guess something a whole lot better. Wow I guess the glass really is half empty, my bad. Sheesh. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Blake's chemistry with Dwight is huge.. We didn't really see that with Duhon or Morris so it gives him an edge when we're figuring out who to dump next season.
lakersin4

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Blake's chemistry with Dwight is huge.. We didn't really see that with Duhon or Morris so it gives him an edge when we're figuring out who to dump next season.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^again it is all about numbers and not the things that don't show up on a stat sheet.

so your post try to play Jack as his role is to score but he still manages 5+ asst but then this is your counter when theirs actual #'s being provided, so what is Blake doing that dont show up on stat sheet that Jack doesn't? Again this is me saying I want Blake to match Jack's #'s but if you want me to praise him for being great then I expect those #'s Blake posted against Minn, 2-3 pts with 3-4 asst here and there is fitting of solid/contributor but not even close in definition of a great contributor.

circles. So Looking at your favorite thing Stats I see Jack while playing more time isn't doing much more than Blake. Yup, he is scoring more but he is also shooting on average 11 shots a game while Blake is shooting around 4 times a game. Again, you want him to be like someone who is asked to do a completely different style game for his team. Oh and you will notice Blake is also averaging .2 more assist than Jack.

In the last 10 games for both-

Jack- Min: 31.5. FG% .348 RPG 2.7, APG 4.2, BLkPG 0.1, STPG 0.9, PPG 13.4

Blake Min: 20.7 FG% .400 RPG 2.7, APG 4.4, BLkPG 0.1, STPG 0.4, PPG 4.7

So we are back to irrational hate on a player who isn't flashy but gets the job done very effectively without trying to step out of his "lane".
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

I posted this last season during the Denver series.

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I know this will fall on def ears (again) but Blake does a lot more for the team than short-sighted fans seem to realize.

1. I, like many others, know he can't handle Miller on the block and Miller, being a vet, exploits that whenever possible. The Lakers need to rotate better and help the helper when Miller gets the mismatch on the block against both Blake and Sessions. In saying that though Blake makes his man work each and every time down the court no matter if he is on a gaurd or a center. How many times did he get switched out and had to defend Gallinari? Each time Galli had to settle for the jumper because Blake made him work. In fact I believe Blake even got the offensive foul call on Galli.

2. Blake is one of the only players that is in constant motion when Kobe has the ball. I said it before in this thread, look at the play and you will see Blake moves up to give Kobe a passing lane and as Kobe drives to the lane you see him drop down to the level of the ball. One of my biggest complaints is that no one moves to better passing lanes for guys driving. Blake makes himself available all the time.

3. He does not force his shot and, yes, sometimes he is too passive and rather pass the ball. That being said, he is not afraid to take "the" shot as we saw several times last night.

When fans stop looking just at the box score they may see what Blake is bringing to the table. People were complaining about him being on the floor but he has proven in the past that he can and will make big plays. Just like on that play where Galli got away and Kobe made him fake Blake covers the whole court to get back there to make that play. It was a great hustle play by Kobe, Blake and from looking at the picture Sessions was there too. All in all up and down type game but a good game by Blake.

The immediate post after is your standard hate on the guy who does A LOT without the ball.

khmrP
^^^box score matters for blake, even if he's doing all these little things it doesn't help the team if he's going 0-whatevers with donuts across the board with exception of multiple turnovers like he did in gm 3.

And by that response it is clear all you care about is points per game.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

circles. So Looking at your favorite thing Stats I see Jack while playing more time isn't doing much more than Blake. Yup, he is scoring more but he is also shooting on average 11 shots a game while Blake is shooting around 4 times a game. Again, you want him to be like someone who is asked to do a completely different style game for his team. Oh and you will notice Blake is also averaging .2 more assist than Jack.

In the last 10 games for both-

Jack- Min: 31.5. FG% .348 RPG 2.7, APG 4.2, BLkPG 0.1, STPG 0.9, PPG 13.4

Blake Min: 20.7 FG% .400 RPG 2.7, APG 4.4, BLkPG 0.1, STPG 0.4, PPG 4.7

So we are back to irrational hate on a player who isn't flashy but gets the job done very effectively without trying to step out of his "lane".

jeezus now we're just going by last 10 games....great keep twisting your #'s in your favor its not like a whole season matters or anything like that......again you want me to praise him with Great game tag, I'm comparing him to who I see as a great backup and all you do in conjecture with your own bias stats.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:WTF!! I look into this thread to see the good comments for how Steve Black has been playing for the Lakers (best since he's been with us, and keeping the Nash type positives on the floor going when Nash is out) and run smack into khmrP just completely underwhelmed with him and wanting I guess something a whole lot better. Wow I guess the glass really is half empty, my bad. Sheesh. :bang:

Imm sorry if I expect MORE out of ours players maybe thats why our bench is constantly below sub par when we actually face real competition.
khmrP

Postby Herm24 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:WTF!! I look into this thread to see the good comments for how Steve Black has been playing for the Lakers (best since he's been with us, and keeping the Nash type positives on the floor going when Nash is out) and run smack into khmrP just completely underwhelmed with him and wanting I guess something a whole lot better. Wow I guess the glass really is half empty, my bad. Sheesh. :bang:

KhmrP is a tool .. You can't really take anything he says seriously

PM sent...

- gcclaker
Herm24

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 pm

khmrP wrote:jeezus now we're just going by last 10 games....great keep twisting your #'s in your favor its not like a whole season matters or anything like that......again you want me to praise him with Great game tag, I'm comparing him to who I see as a great backup and all you do in conjecture with your own bias stats.

wrong again.. I just did what you did and looked at some stats. Again, if you weren't so intent on trying to just call him crap you would see what I have been saying from day one.

I'll try again because my bias is solely based on combating the irrational hate that players get from the fans such as yours on Blake.

1. He is a great back up.
2. He does the little things we want him to do without disrupting what the "stars" need to do
3. He has been passive but since his return from injury.

I don't want you to praise him at all. I said once,twice, three times and more that I don't get your need to hate on the guy. He doesn't cost us games and since returning he has played great especially getting Dwight involved (when D12 isn't in foul trouble). He even has outplayed your Jarrett Jack. So again, what is your point?
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Herm24 wrote:

seriously? one can't have a difference of opinion w/o name calling? What you like 10?
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Herm24 wrote:

while I don't understand his hate on Blake I don't think anything he has posted warrents calling him a tool.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:jeezus now we're just going by last 10 games....great keep twisting your #'s in your favor its not like a whole season matters or anything like that......again you want me to praise him with Great game tag, I'm comparing him to who I see as a great backup and all you do in conjecture with your own bias stats.

wrong again.. I just did what you did and looked at some stats. Again, if you weren't so intent on trying to just call him crap you would see what I have been saying from day one.

I'll try again because my bias is solely based on combating the irrational hate that players get from the fans such as yours on Blake.

1. He is a great back up.
2. He does the little things we want him to do without disrupting what the "stars" need to do
3. He has been passive but since his return from injury.

I don't want you to praise him at all. I said once,twice, three times and more that I don't get your need to hate on the guy. He doesn't cost us games and since returning he has played great especially getting Dwight involved (when D12 isn't in foul trouble). He even has outplayed your Jarrett Jack. So again, what is your point?

I'm sorry but .2 assist doesn't consist outplaying Jack and I never said he's bad or hurts the team, I'm just not in the same context as your and others with tagging Blake and the word great in the same sentence. I agreed in earlier post he has been solid in earlier post but I also dont see anything in the last 3-4 games that warrants the good defender part either, when I see a small no name guy like Lucas in Tor game come in and make as much impact in a span of 5 minutes offensively as Blake would an entire game, thats just unacceptable to me.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

khmrP wrote:
I'm sorry but .2 assist doesn't consist outplaying Jack and I never said he's bad or hurts the team, I'm just not in the same context as your and others with tagging Blake and the word great in the same sentence. I agreed in earlier post he has been solid in earlier post but I also dont see anything in the last 3-4 games that warrants the good defender part either, when I see a small no name guy like Lucas in Tor game come in and make as much impact in a span of 5 minutes offensively as Blake would an entire game, thats just unacceptable to me.

You stated you wanted him to play like Jack and his numbers with the exception of PPG and Shot Attempts are better than Jacks. You chose Jack not me. As far as the kid from Tor I don't understand trying to connect the two. Lucas has a freedom to do what he wants in Tor while Blake has a specific job to do and that is run the offense mainly to get Dwight (and Pau) the ball in the paint. Also, make his man work for their offense. Blake does that consistantly.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:31 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

You stated you wanted him to play like Jack and his numbers with the exception of PPG and Shot Attempts are better than Jacks. You chose Jack not me. As far as the kid from Tor I don't understand trying to connect the two. Lucas has a freedom to do what he wants in Tor while Blake has a specific job to do and that is run the offense mainly to get Dwight (and Pau) the ball in the paint. Also, make his man work for their offense. Blake does that consistantly.

bringing up Lucas wasn't to compare roles with Blake, its to show that I dont believe he is a good defender, pesky sure but so was Sasha, end results still the same the opposing players going off. I used Jack cause you want to say Blake is great, Jack is what I consider a great backup, w/o Curry GSW doesn't fall off much with Jack starting, if Nash goes down I can't say the fall off wont be great. You say Blake is only there to facilitate, so does Jack and he also scores too, you can do more then just 1 thing good at time. Obviously what I think doesn't matter, I'm not going to persuade you to think otherwise, Blake could get me to think otherwise if he played like he did against Minn on 2-3 stretch here there I'm not expecting that every game.
Last edited by khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm

^opposing players aren't going off on Blake. That is a biased opinion.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^opposing players aren't going off on Blake. That is a biased opinion.

so Blake wasn't guarding Lucas in that Tor game? we'll see on Tue, when he goes up against Udrih, a PG we have trouble with even when he was starter
khmrP

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:
I said his OVERALL #'s are exactly the same as last year if not worse.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong! (Dr. Cox version)

He's averaging more assists.
He's averaging less turnovers.
He's averaging higher FG%.
He's averaging higher 3PT%
He's averaging almost the same number of steals and points.
He's averaging slightly more blocks.
And he's doing it while averaging less minutes.

Per minute all of his averages are up.

Late, but since it's one of my favorite shows of all time:
GoldHammish

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I think Blake has been playing really well in his backup role. He's barely even taking any shots for himself yet still being effective dishing assists. He seems to work better with Dwight than even Nash. As for his d, what PG shuts down other PGs in today's league? The rules don't allow for it, you literally can't touch a guard on the perimeter. Guards like Nate Robinson and John Lucas give plenty of other teams problems with their speed, it's their job/role, at least Blake plays hard on d.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion