Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:44 pm

yea i had a couple of 'CMON BLAKE' moments when Collison picked him
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm

kenshi1023 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:Keep up the great work Blake :jam2:


you want him to "keep up the great" turn overs? wth is wrong with you :man10:


He had 4 turnovers. This would be his first game in a LONG time where he actually had more turnovers than he had assist. So I'd go with Battle Tested and say Keep up the Great Work.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm

blake & nash can't handle ball pressure. pretty pathetic imo poor 24 has to do everything.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:17 am

it's because both lack the speed and size to fend off these quicker guards.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

lol forgive me I only remembered the 3 threes he gave us but yes I was with the majority in the Gameday Thread in yelling at Blake for turning the damn ball over.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11703
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby JSM on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 pm

He had a few big plays -- couple 3s and securing the ball towards the end. However I don't excuse his play for the other 37 minutes he logged. His decision making was extremely poor. He forced passes at the wrong time, wrong place, and into traffic. Hell, he passed a couple balls directly to the Grizzles. His J in general was off tonight too. He did a poor job on Conley on the defensive end. A very ugly game for Blake. He would've been a lock for ZERO tonight if Meeks didn't decide to play for the Grizz this evening.

Hopefully Nash will be back Sunday and Blake can return to a reserve role.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby The Rock on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Good luck vs CP3 and Bledsoe Lol

Hit a couple of big 3s tonight, just convert those open opportunities you get. The worst thing that can happen is if he falls into foul trouble then we're screwed
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19996
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 pm

worst game in a long time. hope this was just an aberration.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby XXIV on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Not a good game by Blake although he had his moments. Hopefully he bounces back.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm

9 TO's in the last two games. Unacceptable.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby KB24 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:40 pm

stinker. Hopefully he goes back to being useful rather than his usual self.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55533
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby therealdeal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 am

The five turnovers are a killer. He takes too many chances with the ball right now. I'm not sure why he's doing that. When he played within himself is when he was at his most effective for us.

6/4/4 on 2/6 shooting would be okay but with 5 turnovers, that's not good enough.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby gcclaker on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43 am

^Odd about the turnovers from the normally passive super careful Blake. It could be D'Antoni's system making him a little too loose or trying to do too much in Nash's absence. I am heartened though by Blake not being gun-shy about taking open shots.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:55 am

As I said after the Dallas game, Blake's having a slight regression since he's been the starting PG. Sucks because he was REALLY hitting his stride since his return from injury in that backup PG role. He was killing it and showing confidence that we haven't seen since he got here. But there's nothing to be done. He's not really starting PG material as we saw last year. Somehow the added pressure and minutes seems to expose him. What I'm concerned about is it carrying over to his game when he goes to the backup role. But there isn't an alternative at the moment.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am

therealdeal wrote:The five turnovers are a killer. He takes too many chances with the ball right now. I'm not sure why he's doing that. When he played within himself is when he was at his most effective for us.

6/4/4 on 2/6 shooting would be okay but with 5 turnovers, that's not good enough.


I just watched the game from last night and I think Blake is pressing a little hard to do the right thing. Half of his turnovers (like Kobe's) have been from making a pass that has been "just" off. I think he is pressing a bit and overthinking the game at times over the last couple. Hopefully, he can get back to just "playing"
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The five turnovers are a killer. He takes too many chances with the ball right now. I'm not sure why he's doing that. When he played within himself is when he was at his most effective for us.

6/4/4 on 2/6 shooting would be okay but with 5 turnovers, that's not good enough.


I just watched the game from last night and I think Blake is pressing a little hard to do the right thing. Half of his turnovers (like Kobe's) have been from making a pass that has been "just" off. I think he is pressing a bit and overthinking the game at times over the last couple. Hopefully, he can get back to just "playing"


^^ Good point. I think part of that is the glare of the starting lineup that I'm talking about. He really found his niche playing behind Nash, and in some games was straight up, better than Nash when he came in. But now he's coming back down to earth with the added minutes and pressure. He's not really a starting caliber PG any more and it's pretty clear when he is forced to be one.

Again, there's nothing to be done about it right now. I only hope that if/when Nash returns, Blake's confidence won't be hurt by this stretch and he can get his mojo back.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby khmrP on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Wasnt even sloppy passing in the sense that he was forcing passes which I can understand trying to make plays but his passes were just horrifically Telegraphed, might as well just hand the ball to a mem player thats how bad I perceived them to be.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 pm

^I agree with that several of the passes were forced.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby therealdeal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The five turnovers are a killer. He takes too many chances with the ball right now. I'm not sure why he's doing that. When he played within himself is when he was at his most effective for us.

6/4/4 on 2/6 shooting would be okay but with 5 turnovers, that's not good enough.


I just watched the game from last night and I think Blake is pressing a little hard to do the right thing. Half of his turnovers (like Kobe's) have been from making a pass that has been "just" off. I think he is pressing a bit and overthinking the game at times over the last couple. Hopefully, he can get back to just "playing"


^^ Good point. I think part of that is the glare of the starting lineup that I'm talking about. He really found his niche playing behind Nash, and in some games was straight up, better than Nash when he came in. But now he's coming back down to earth with the added minutes and pressure. He's not really a starting caliber PG any more and it's pretty clear when he is forced to be one.

Again, there's nothing to be done about it right now. I only hope that if/when Nash returns, Blake's confidence won't be hurt by this stretch and he can get his mojo back.

I'm with you guys. I think that the problem is that he's trying really hard to help Kobe, but in doing so he's causing more harm than good. I hope he can sort of take a deep breath and just be that solid presence he was while Nash was healthy.

I'm not sure it's more minutes or anything because he was still playing around the same amount of time even when everyone was healthy and clicking.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:07 pm

We are in dire need of Steve Nash. I don't care if he's on his last leg or not. Nash hits shots and Blake can't buy a wideopen 3.

Dumb and Dumber were 5-13 (Blake 2-6 from deep).

Blake had more wide open looks than anyone else on either team tonight and he missed shot after shot.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm

JSM wrote:We are in dire need of Steve Nash. I don't care if he's on his last leg or not. Nash hits shots and Blake can't buy a wideopen 3.

Dumb and Dumber were 5-13 (Blake 2-6 from deep).

Blake had more wide open looks than anyone else on either team tonight and he missed shot after shot.


Rapidly falling back down to earth. Yes, hope Nash is back soon.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 pm

He battled his heart out. I tip my hats off for that. He missed his fair share of open 3s but he's probably tired from chasing CP3 aruond
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19996
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:36 pm

We have no one that hits open shots. I don't know what we can do about that this summer if anything, but we obviously cannot rely on Blake and Meeks hitting the absolute gimmes that the Clippers (and other teams) give them.

Alright, some of that is frustration, but definitely if he (and Meeks) could have just converted on a few open shots we would have been in this game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:43 pm

idk whats up with him lately but on offense these past few games hes been terrible. i mean for starting and that many minutes youd think it be better. makes some stupid decisions and missing WIDE open shots. like 3 missed wide open corner 3's that really would have changed the momentum and the game if he made them...al were huge and he bricked them.

defense was as good as one of our guards could have been on cp3 but honestly hes gunna score if he wants. really want nash back. dont think blake is comfortable with this role. way better off the bench. his shot looks different too....he used to like shove or push the ball when he shot. seemed to have changed his shot a bit or something with more arc. idk just something i noticed.

hope he picks up his offensive play
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby SK8 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:53 pm

I can't blame him, no one in NBA can't guard CP3, so what can you expect from Blake?
And like Rock said, he battled his heart out, at least he tried.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.