Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm

hes doing well so far. during the portland game he was actually getting into the paint a bit and was passing out of it to guys who missed the shots or fumbled the ball.

i think he'll be fine running the 2nd unit with jamison but i think sometimes he needs to just shoot the ball. he'll pass on open shots and also he'll get in the lane and try to pass in traffic instead of just laying it up or at least shoot it and get fouled.

hes gotta find a balance between setting people up and shooting bc he puts it all into passing even when he has a open look on the arc or in the lane/paint.
Ariza3

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm

ben_ready wrote:I'm a say it again with what we currently have at the back up point, Morris is the best option. People say he can't play in the league yet blake has been in the league awhile and he's terrible
He has to know about some random Hooker mike brown put to rest. Yell™

I'm a ask u again, what does yell™ mean??

Even Google doesn't know!!
nthydro

Postby kobeslaker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 am

It's not feasible for the Lakers to bring back Fisher now, with a payroll approaching $100 million, but sources with knowledge of their thinking say that the team has made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and/or Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb their respective contracts. ESPN.com

look like they are going to trade Blake for space
kobeslaker

Postby GT-R on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:16 am

kobeslaker wrote:
It's not feasible for the Lakers to bring back Fisher now, with a payroll approaching $100 million, but sources with knowledge of their thinking say that the team has made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and/or Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb their respective contracts. ESPN.com

look like they are going to trade Blake for space

The problem is Blake has another year on his contract. You need to find a team willing to take his contract. Don't you think he would've been traded by now if there was a team willing to trade nothing for Blake? Duhon is most likely gone because he will be an expiring contract after this season and next season is not guaranteed. The Lakers want to free up a roster spot because they want to keep Morris and Odom.
#firemikebrown
GT-R

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Blake played pretty well tonight. His job as our backup PG is to take the ball up court, read the d and make a good pass, shoot the 3. he did all of that tonight. D on Bledsoe wasnt great but wasnt too terrible either...Bledsoe was just having one of those games.

I seriously hope Blake continues to shoot the 3 bc tonight we were down and he got us right back in the game. He can do that for us he just chooses not too everygame. He still has that pass first mentality but sometimes he just shoots and it pays off. hes gotta find that balance for what the 2nd unit needs....and they need a guy who shoots bc our offense of the bench sucks as much as our D.

hes a good 3 point shooter and just needs to do it. F everyone else who just perimeter passes. hes a feisty guy and just needs to shoot. id rather him shoot and miss a 3 than not at all and be a zero across the boards for us.
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

^^^ He shot the ball well

He didn't do anything else....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I'll take Blake's side on this one, Eric Bledsoe is as good as backup PG in this league hes improving fast since he started out in 2010, Blake just got eaten up on both ends.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

he did ok for tonight
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

from what i saw he was chasing bledsoe around and was putting a ton of effort on D. he bothered him sometimes and other times bledsoe just was too quick as he is for any of our PG's and the entire leagues. hes a great young athletic and strong talent. if you work under cp3 you'll get better by the day.

Bledsoe shot 7-18 and 1-4 from 3 for 22 points in 43 mins. I'd say Blake didnt do half bad considering Nash was the other guy guarding him when Blake was on the bench.

So, if he does that, shoots the 3 well, and gets a few assists/good passes to the open guy...than he did a good job for us.we cant expect the world out of someone who isnt capable of it and never has been. he did exactly what he can/is supposed to do tonight.

he wont play 23 mins but either way with Nash or Blake, Bledsoe would have had a good game bc of all the turnovers we had as a team...not bc he shot the ball well bc he didn't. if we as a team hadnt turned the ball over so much Bledsoe's numbers would have been way less and we prob would have won as we (including blake) shot the ball well.
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

He looked awful tonight. This was the worst game he's had in the pre-season.

In previous games he made the right passes that ended up in the wrong hands. Tonight he made the wrong passes all game long and they turned into points almost every single time. Just because he made a few shots doesn't excuse his play as a PG. If all we're asking for is a couple of baskets, we don't need a PG we need a SG.

I'd rather watch Duhon play tomorrow.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 pm

I've been done with Blake for awhile now. We just have no other suitable options. Duhon? IDK. B
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:In previous games he made the right passes that ended up in the wrong hands. Tonight he made the wrong passes all game long

i'm not sure one is all that different from the other :man10:

but we know blake sucks...but he did one thing okay tonight and that is more than most nights...thus the muted praise.
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 pm

fksteveblake wrote:
therealdeal wrote:In previous games he made the right passes that ended up in the wrong hands. Tonight he made the wrong passes all game long

i'm not sure one is all that different from the other :man10:

but we know blake sucks...but he did one thing okay tonight and that is more than most nights...thus the muted praise.

It's different because if you pass the ball within the offense and the guy you're passing to can't control the ball, that's okay. Or at the very least it's acceptable because you're trying to play the offense.

Tonight all he did was throw the ball away with careless passes to the wrong guy. Just awful.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

4 assists 4 turnovers, which is a wash but he did shoot very well tonight (3-4 3pt fg). But that turnover at the end of the 4th quarter where he wanted to pass it out to Sacre was terrible
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 pm

If we only signed the Steve Blake from Portland and the Clipps...I think we just signed some bum off the street who just happened to have the same name as him and look eerily similar to him. Or another theory is this has been his stunt double, it is Hollywood after all.

Honestly though, he's been bad. You can't even sugar coat it. It's been difficult to pull some positives to talk about from his performances. When he does show up with a jump shot for one game, you won't see again for weeks.

I hate our options at backup PG. With Nash, we need quality minutes from our backups for 16 minutes a game. I don't even know if either of them are capable of giving us half that right now.

Blake might have the inside track based on familiarity with the roster, with Jamison, and Jordan but at this point I'd almost rather Duhon leap frog him in the depth chart. I think he's had a better pre-season. He's a better defender, I think he might be a smarter player, he just looks like he's playing under control more often than not (even if that's not the case)...maybe it's his demeanor. And I'm still holding out a smidgin of hope that he can reclaim some of that allure he had when he was with Chicago. I don't know where it went or what happened, but I've all but given up on Blake, so maybe Duhon can give us something.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm

^ Agreed. I've defended Blake a little bit since the pre-season started, but the guy looked just absolutely awful tonight.

Give Duhon the shot in the next game.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 pm

I thought he looked fine. He was making shots. Second unit had some flow to it. It just looks worse because we havent won a preseason game.
OX1947

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 pm

For a guy being labeled a shooter why doesn't he take more shots? It has always puzzled me, he takes very few shots so hes always off. If you're a shooter the more you shoot you'll get on a streak right? He never went on a host streak in his tenure here

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Andy Kamenetzky of ESPN wrote:2) Who's got the edge at backup point guard?
This was Brown's response Monday when I asked what criteria he'd use to decide the matter of Steve Nash's primary sub:

"I'm looking for a guy who'll come in and keep us organized. Try to work the ball. We have a ton of guards, so that backup 1 is probably gonna be a backup 1, not play some 2 to where he can get some extra minutes. So there's not a lot of minutes there. So I'm looking for someone with some energy and that's gonna get it right defensively. Keep us organized offensively. And if you have the ability to make plays, make plays. And I'm kind of contradicting myself, because I want our point guard to make plays, but do it without turning the ball over. Because you're not gonna be out there a whole lot of time."

These are your instructions, Steve Blake and Chris Duhon. May the best man gain pole position.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

neither of them can do even a couple of those things consistently and at an acceptable level...let alone all of them.

keep fishing mike
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am

Duhon can at least do some things defensively. Or at least he showed he can whenever he played. Passing the ball? Maybe not a natural. But if there's already a set offense, just let the offense run and have Duhon cut and get to the basket if he can. Hill and Dwight can clean up missed layups. Those are easier rebounds than missed jumpers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

therealdeal wrote:Duhon can at least do some things defensively. Or at least he showed he can whenever he played. Passing the ball? Maybe not a natural. But if there's already a set offense, just let the offense run and have Duhon cut and get to the basket if he can. Hill and Dwight can clean up missed layups. Those are easier rebounds than missed jumpers.

Duhon has the experience playing with Dwight and shooters (from Orlando).

So I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on offense. Defensively, he's quicker and knows how to play with Dwight.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

^ Yeah I mean... Blake has just been so bad and this last game exaserbated that. He needs to be replaced, there's got to be something else out there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am

^^^ My hope is that Cuban will try to one up Mitch and send us Delonte, much like we sent LO his way and basically imploded on the Mavs. Only Delonte comes here and is the perfect backup to Nash and leads our bench to the promise land.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 am

I seriously believe that if Delonte was here, we'd have less problems. There's more opportunities here for treatment options and whatnot just because of the area we're in.

I mean hell, if he starts breaking down we can just send him to Metta's psychiatrist.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion