Barnstable wrote:^Wowww you're right. I didn't realize Blake averaged over 23min per game last season. His stats are even worse than I thought if he played that many minutes, and that's all he could muster.
True, his numbers weren't great. But here's some reasons for optimism:
- Blake's FG% was terrible because of isolations and non-conventional shots (probably full court type, odd looking shots, etc.) which made up 9.6% and 14.4% respectively. Those two rank 5th and 3rd respectively in his overall shot attempts. Considering those two numbers should be reduced significantly, his FG% should rise.
- Blake took the vast, vast majority of his shots in spot up situations at 43.2%. The next closest was as the pick and roll ball handler at 15.3%. His general FG% from spot up situations wasn't great at 39.9%, but his 3 point percentage in spot up situations was alright at 36.6%; not amazing, but solid.
- His second most used shot attempt, the pick and roll ball handler, resulted in 43.6% from the field and 60% from downtown (to be fair, he only took 10 shots from deep in those situations). Considering the team we have now, it's not crazy to think he'll get more looks in the pick and roll.
- He actually defended the pick and roll pretty well, keeping his man to around 38%.
- With the team he has now, hopefully his assists can go up. Last season he didn't have many people to pass to off the bench. Comparing the two, this season he'll have Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, and Hill and last season he had no one, Barnes, McRoberts, and Murphy.