Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion (taking flight vs pelicans tues p.78)

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:11 pm

in less than a week, we'll be complaining about all the minutes Blake is getting...even if he's only playing 5mins
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby karacha on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:in less than a week, we'll be complaining about all the minutes Blake is getting...even if he's only playing 5mins

I thought the same, but frankly... the alternative is Morris, so I don't think I'll complain much. You know... Blake doesn't generally do anything stupid on the court. He's just kinda... there.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Can anyone please appreciate Steve Blake for at least saving us in Game 7 against the Nuggets last year? If it wasn't for him we would have been bounced out of the 1st round. he also saved us many times during the regular season last year including the Lakers/OKC game late April.
Ice-Fire

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:in less than a week, we'll be complaining about all the minutes Blake is getting...even if he's only playing 5mins

D'Antoni has high regard for him soooo he'll get good minutes assuming he stays intact on and off the floor.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:Can anyone please appreciate Steve Blake for at least saving us in Game 7 against the Nuggets last year? If it wasn't for him we would have been bounced out of the 1st round. he also saved us many times during the regular season last year including the Lakers/OKC game late April.

Why is that relevant now?

Should I post like this from now on....

Steve Blake had an awful game.

(Disclaimer - Thank you Steve for saving us in a 1st round game we should have never been in, you made a couple of plays here and there throughout your career here, none bigger then missing the wide open 3 vs. OKC in the 2nd round last year, thanks for all your contributions. You've raised so much awareness for spike strips around the world, I'm breaking out into chicken pox just thinking about it. Ohh and good luck in future games Steve, break a rib out there. )
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SpencerHarrison on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 am

Well played on that disclaimer.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 am

Ice-Fire wrote:Can anyone please appreciate Steve Blake for at least saving us in Game 7 against the Nuggets last year? If it wasn't for him we would have been bounced out of the 1st round. he also saved us many times during the regular season last year including the Lakers/OKC game late April.

True, but so what?

Gasol literally gave us the edge we needed to win 2 Championships in a row and go to the Finals 3 times in a row, but we beat on that guy relentlessly.

Blake's average performances are probably the worst among Laker PGs over the course of our team's history.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 am

:pipe:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 am

gcclaker wrote:

D'Antoni has high regard for him soooo he'll get good minutes assuming he stays intact on and off the floor.

true...let's just wait til Blake misses his first 2 jumpshots and is behind Duhon in the rotation lol
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:

true...let's just wait til Blake misses his first 2 jumpshots and is behind Duhon in the rotation lol

better yet, hesitates on wide open shots and allows his man to come and cover him after he pump fakes with no one in the vacinity :man10:
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Steve Blake isn't the best backup PG by miles in the NBA, but sure is better than Duhon/Morris at the very least. I for one am excited for his return.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Better, yes. That doesn't tell us much about his game, but yeah... he's better. :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Steve Blake isn't the best backup PG by miles in the NBA, but sure is better than Duhon/Morris at the very least. I for one am excited for his return.

idk, duhon has had more productive games this year than Steve has had with his tenure here.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Steve Blake isn't the best backup PG by miles in the NBA, but sure is better than Duhon/Morris at the very least. I for one am excited for his return.

None of them are the best backup PG's.......

None of them are average backup PG's.......

All of them are on the same level of bottom tier players in the league. Saying one is better than the other is really just fighting over who gets to finish the race 2nd to last.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm

doesn't Por need a dam backup PG and doesn't Steve family still live there? :man1:
khmrP

Postby clubsoto24 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Haha I can't wait till some of you change your negative perception about Blake. He was actually doing really well on the defensive end and had a quicker step prior to his injury. He didn't really have any turnovers either.
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:28 pm

clubsoto24 wrote:Haha I can't wait till some of you change your negative perception about Blake. He was actually doing really well on the defensive end and had a quicker step prior to his injury. He didn't really have any turnovers either.

2003 called, it wants it's Steve Blake praise back.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 pm

not bad
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 pm

He did alright.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 pm

clubsoto24 wrote:Haha I can't wait till some of you change your negative perception about Blake. He was actually doing really well on the defensive end and had a quicker step prior to his injury. He didn't really have any turnovers either.

fail, he turned it over when he tried to pass to Jamison foot and lead to a 3pt play on the other end which was on him as well.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm

I'll continue to be the sole praiser of Blake on this board. The guy manages the team very well. Before he got injured he was playing very well. Tonight he came in and kept the offense flowing. He doesn't look for his shot but will take it when he has too. Solid game from Blake after being gone for so long.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm

khmrP wrote:

fail, he turned it over when he tried to pass to Jamison foot and lead to a 3pt play on the other end which was on him as well.

LOL. Yes, he should be benched for having that turnover. Forget that 4 assist cause the dude sucks.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby clubsoto24 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 pm

khmrP wrote:

Fail on YOU! I posted that before the game started homie.
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I'll continue to be the sole praiser of Blake on this board. The guy manages the team very well. Before he got injured he was playing very well. Tonight he came in and kept the offense flowing. He doesn't look for his shot but will take it when he has too. Solid game from Blake after being gone for so long.

I praised the guy for a long time man, but he really doesn't deserve a whole ton of praise. :man10:

I think he played alright today. Definitely his energy is different than Duhon's. Duhon a lot of the time seemed like he wasn't trying all that hard. Well now he's on the bench where he belongs.

I look forward to Blake's effort if not his effectiveness.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I'll continue to be the sole praiser of Blake on this board. The guy manages the team very well. Before he got injured he was playing very well. Tonight he came in and kept the offense flowing. He doesn't look for his shot but will take it when he has too. Solid game from Blake after being gone for so long.

Hey, I've been "defending" (not hating, pointing out the things he did well) the guy too. He can stink it up once in a while, but I never understood the level of hate he got. I understand criticism, I understand being annoyed, but some here just seem to go a little bit overboard on their perception of his level of play.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion