Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion (taking flight vs pelicans tues p.78)

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:^^^you mean leaving him wide open so he can still brick his 3pt attempts?

LOL..Your hate is deep. The players need to take the wide open shots. MWP was supposed to take the open shots. OK, he missed a bit but that is what the offense gave him. Blake doesn't shoot a ton but his shooting percentage (previously) is pretty nice especially from the outside. Before he got injured he was doing a lot of good things for the team. More importantly he doesn't try to step out of his game like Ron does from time to time. If the offense give blake the shot I want him to take the open shot.

you dont have to take EVERY single thing a defense gives you, sometimes you have to adjust, if you not hitting it em why not try a lil closer? Blake/Metta fits the same mold, I've seen multiple instances where both these guys will just chuck b2b 3's and miss both badly, how bout you pump fake your way into a closer 2 and try driving it an creating something better. You make it sound as if I'm just randomly choosing to hate on Blake, no I hate players who dont live up to their contracts and expectations, I hate Blake the player like I hated Walton and Sasha
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:47 am

Coach: Quit taking those shots.

Player: C'mon! I shot a wide-open shot!

Coach: They're leaving you open for a reason.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Congo Cash on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 am

4 mil/year for a backup PG that is barely an improvement over Duhon/Morris is just too much... Just another guy who can't shoot, adding to the Laker's already bad spacing...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I understand that, and you touched on the other reason some people are upset.

He's TOO unselfish. Much like Pau has been the last two years and much like Sessions was when he got here and much like Nash was to start this season. Sometimes you've GOT to be selfish to a degree so you can get the points and shots you need to get. What's happened with him lately is that he's been so unaggresive with his own shot other teams know how to defend him.

You can't hold that against him TOO much, but a lot of people are just sick of seeing it. I know we don't ask for that much from but it'd nice to see it once or twice.

no argument from me there cause I agree that Blake needs to be more aggressive which he has been since returning. Of course, if he did shoot more what would stop people for giving him the MWP treatment?

Nothing would stop them hating on him short of a 10/10/10 game. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I understand that, and you touched on the other reason some people are upset.

He's TOO unselfish. Much like Pau has been the last two years and much like Sessions was when he got here and much like Nash was to start this season. Sometimes you've GOT to be selfish to a degree so you can get the points and shots you need to get. What's happened with him lately is that he's been so unaggresive with his own shot other teams know how to defend him.

You can't hold that against him TOO much, but a lot of people are just sick of seeing it. I know we don't ask for that much from but it'd nice to see it once or twice.

no argument from me there cause I agree that Blake needs to be more aggressive which he has been since returning. Of course, if he did shoot more what would stop people for giving him the MWP treatment?

Nothing would stop them hating on him short of a 10/10/10 game. :man10:

Hell that might not do it either
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm

All I realistically want from him is 2 open threes a game and 3-4 assists, hopefully off of penetration. Couple that with some fiesty defense and a rebound or two and that's what we should expect.

A great night for him would be 3-4 three pointers, an and-one, 6-7 assists, and a steal or something. That'd be a HUGE night for him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm

except duhon has had some of those type of nights, while not turning the ball over.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:except duhon has had some of those type of nights, while not turning the ball over.

He's also had nights where he's worse than invisible. You want to see inconsistent effort/effectiveness Duhon is one of the easiest targets.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:except duhon has had some of those type of nights, while not turning the ball over.

He's also had nights where he's worse than invisible. You want to see inconsistent effort/effectiveness Duhon is one of the easiest targets.

Yeah, to me Blake/Duhon compare contrast is just splitting hairs. I think Duhon is a little better offensively (less tentative on his shot, looks a little better from 3, doesn't turn the ball over as much while running the show) but I think Blake is a bit better on defense. Duhon's help D is pathetic. Blake tries and hustles.

At this juncture I'm more than fine with D' Antoni trying out Blake. However, against the Suns in the second quarter I believe there was some Blake at 2 with Nash at 1 if I'm not mistaken. I was listening on the radio so I wasn't 100% sure as I couldn't see the players on the court. But I DON'T want to see that moving forward. Ever.

D' Antoni, go look up some video of Blake at the two last year, please. It does not work.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 pm

props for 1st half and then invisible 2nd half
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

^hate feels good.

The entire team stopped playing. Blake made a few mistakes had a horrible turnover in the second half and got tied up for the jump ball too which I didn't like. However, he played a very solid game 4-7 from the field (2 for 5 from 3), 3 ast and 1 T/O in 18 minutes. He also helped to keep Nash at 37 minutes this game.

Again, is he doing "allstar" type numbers and play? no. He is doing a lot of good things for us while getting rust off.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Armani on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I didn't have problems with him. He's a solid backup PG if he keeps this up.
Armani

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I thought he had an overall good game, he's giving us more than Duhon at least. He's better on D, and Duhon was good for maybe one basket a game, Blake is doing better than that for sure.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

He still got owned by Barea though ha

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:25 pm

The Rock wrote:He still got owned by Barea though ha

actually he didn't. Barrea got some tough shots on him. He was also allowed to use his arm to get seperation on Blake. Of course that should be over looked. :jam2:
puffyusaf#2

Postby XXIV on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

He's being more aggressive which is something we haven't seen during his time as a Laker. Hopefully he keeps it up.
XXIV

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 pm

I actually like Blake so far. He looks fast compared to duhon and he's a better creator
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby davriver290 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 am

Not a bad game from him at all. I still don't get the immense hate this guys gets. He does what he's supposed to do off the bench and does it well.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 am

Aside from the one sloppy TO, I thought he had a pretty solid game last night.

Just no more playing at the 2 when Nash is in the game. One PG on the court at a time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 am

I like his effort. It's good to have him back. He doesn't score much, but does the little things as our backup 1. Last night he actually had 10/2/3 which is more than solid, but obviously, it won't happen every time.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 pm

i actually think he's been doing pretty damn well since he came back. eons ahead of morris. may we never see him again, even in garbage time.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby davriver290 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm just glad Duhon and Morris are sitting on the bench still cheering on the team. Throwing up high fives and just being team supporters out there. Unlike Ebanks and even Pau who was pouting because he was benched. They finished that game and won, he should be stoked.

Well anyways, just wanted to comment on those two for keeping the spirits high. As well as Sacre who is actually a decent backup C at the pick we got him at.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 pm

If he can provide what he did for the Blazers during the 08-09 season then that would be gravy for bench production.
Ice-Fire

Postby kofounder8 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am

is blake gone again espn has him as out
"He will never be the next Micheal jordan" but when hes done "there will never be another Kobe Bryant"

SoKaL KoBe wrote:Hey Dirk,

From a team standpoint, Kobe outscored your team 62 to 61 in 3 quarters.
thats just great
kofounder8

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:If he can provide what he did for the Blazers during the 08-09 season then that would be gravy for bench production.

:man10:

two seasons late my friend.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion