Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion (taking flight vs pelicans tues p.78)

Postby scissors on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 am

It's good to see him play with confidence and a little chip on his shoulder.
scissors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

good old Casper back in full effect :freak2:
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

he looks terrible now

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Not really surprised, Blake will never do good against top contending teams because basically every single one of them have 1's and 2's that are just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and better than him.

He will have good games against a mid-tier to lower tier team, but that's about the extent of it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

The Rock wrote:he looks terrible now

his consistency is as good as a pathological liars train of thought.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm

:man10:

Haters after one bad game. Ridiculous.

Where were you when he was playing well and keeping us in games in the 4th quarter on the road? So he looked bad today, so what? Very few of our players looked good.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Where were you when he was playing well and keeping us in games in the 4th quarter on the road? So he looked bad today, so what? Very few of our players looked good.

I didn't even say he looked bad, he just didn't do anything.
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

He tries hard ... he just isn't good enough
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Norris Cole made Blake forget how to dribble, he looked like a freshman college guard on a tiny school against a senior star guard on the #1 team in the country. Full court press and double teaming in the backcourt made him s*** his pants in other words.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Heat has the team defensive speed to cover spot to spot. Slower catch and shoot players with no off the dribble creativity and lift such are Blake are EASILY suffocated. He and the squad went up against a team that turned it on during the fourth causing those turnovers leading to the loss.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm

khmrP wrote:

Again, he had a bad game today, but he's been extremely solid so far on this road trip. One bad game and immediately there's two posts pointing to his ineffectiveness as a player.

No praise or at least a measured response to the way he played before? Why not say "He really looked like crap today which sucks because he'd finally started looking better"?

Immediately he's Casper and immediately he looks terrible now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Again, he had a bad game today, but he's been extremely solid so far on this road trip. One bad game and immediately there's two posts pointing to his ineffectiveness as a player.

No praise or at least a measured response to the way he played before? Why not say "He really looked like crap today which sucks because he'd finally started looking better"?

Immediately he's Casper and immediately he looks terrible now.

one? what did he do in Cha game?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:39 pm

He had 4 assists. Just because he didn't shoot well, doesn't mean he didn't do anything.

There's nothing wrong with being critical, but why is it so difficult to give people credit? It's the same reason LD is nearly silent after most wins and up-in-arms after every loss.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:He had 4 assists. Just because he didn't shoot well, doesn't mean he didn't do anything.

There's nothing wrong with being critical, but why is it so difficult to give people credit? It's the same reason LD is nearly silent after most wins and up-in-arms after every loss.

why would any one need to give him credit on a bad game or to me an invisible game? When he plays well I'll mention it, I dont need to backup a criticism with praise when its not warranted.
khmrP

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I actually like our offense under Blake more than Nash right now. Blake doesn't turn it over as much.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 am

khmrP wrote:
why would any one need to give him credit on a bad game or to me an invisible game? When he plays well I'll mention it, I dont need to backup a criticism with praise when its not warranted.

Firstly, you don't have to do anything, but if you're going to make statements like that then I'll say something about it. Free discussion. And again, it's giving someone their due for past performance. When Phil Jackson left the team did anyone say "oh God he was awful in that Dallas series, what a Casper" or did they say "that series wasn't his best, it's too bad he ended on that note".

Same thing, smaller sample. He had a good road trip and yet your only response was that he's "Casper as usual". It just shows a lack of effort towards analyzing the entirety of the situation.

And I don't think you'll say anything about him if he does well. The last positive thing you said about Blake was two pages ago, which I'm pretty sure was in the month of January. Something like "Good first half, disappeared second half".

If he plays well I don't think you'll say anything at all because he played well at least a few times on this road trip and I didn't see any of your posts in here giving him props. He kept us in the game against Detroit in the 4th. I don't remember you giving him props then. There was another game which is slipping my mind right now that he did the same thing. I want to say Brooklyn, but I'm not sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Firstly, you don't have to do anything, but if you're going to make statements like that then I'll say something about it. Free discussion. And again, it's giving someone their due for past performance. When Phil Jackson left the team did anyone say "oh God he was awful in that Dallas series, what a Casper" or did they say "that series wasn't his best, it's too bad he ended on that note".

Same thing, smaller sample. He had a good road trip and yet your only response was that he's "Casper as usual". It just shows a lack of effort towards analyzing the entirety of the situation.

And I don't think you'll say anything about him if he does well. The last positive thing you said about Blake was two pages ago, which I'm pretty sure was in the month of January. Something like "Good first half, disappeared second half".

If he plays well I don't think you'll say anything at all because he played well at least a few times on this road trip and I didn't see any of your posts in here giving him props. He kept us in the game against Detroit in the 4th. I don't remember you giving him props then. There was another game which is slipping my mind right now that he did the same thing. I want to say Brooklyn, but I'm not sure.

Blake "good game" is like 7-10 pts with 2 3's or so, I guess our standards are quite low for this guy. These types of games by Blake would all but be consider AVERGAE compared to the better bench players out of the league but I guess when you see so much mediocrity anything out of the norm is "good". You already proved otherwise why I dont need to bring up his past performance because its rare and far in between as oppose to how you decribe Phil tenure as coach with the bad Dall series. Casper was mentioned for specifically THIS MIA game, where am I wrong, did I say he was horrible the whole road trip? I like how he can you use other bench players to give Blake a pass since none of them did anything either but I guess its to much to ask out of Blake being that he's been a bust for the last 2yrs.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

I don't know why your expectations for him are still so high. YES him coming into a game and either closing the gap a little or maintaining our lead is a good game for him. At this point, I'm happy when he does it. Why wouldn't I be? He hasn't been able to do that for us thus far in his Laker career.

Is it not as good as what other PGs can give us? Yeah. Especially the top teams. But it's better than what we've gotten so why wouldn't it deserve mentioning?

And again you said you'd give him his credit, well where was it then? Where is it now? He came in and provided something for us that he's never done, or at least rarely does, as a Laker and you weren't here to say anything about it.

All I ask for in any dicussion is credit where it's due. If he did something well, give him credit. If he sucked, give him credit for that too. But always be balanced with it because rarely does someone provide nothing consistently and still get opportunities to play.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 am

ok, I'll give him whatever lil credit he deserves but I'm not gona lie and its obviouis I DISPISE players like Blake, Walton, Sasha....getting big bucks and doing jack squat afterwards. Its make me hate them even more when I see other bench guys around the league making less than them and producing twice as much.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55 am

khmrP wrote:ok, I'll give him whatever lil credit he deserves but I'm not gona lie and its obviouis I DISPISE players like Blake, Walton, Sasha....getting big bucks and doing jack squat afterwards. Its make me hate them even more when I see other bench guys around the league making less than them and producing twice as much.

I don't disagree with him being a massive disappointment.

Honestly, this is just the way I see the world and I know a lot of people don't necessarily see it my way. It's important to me for people to try to see two sides of every coin, it's something that I try to do in every situation. Because once I see both sides, I can measure which is most important and why I disagree with the other. See what I'm saying?

In this case, I can see that Blake isn't a good backup PG at an NBA level anymore. He's more of a 3rd string guy than a 2nd, but he's not quite as bad as the 3rds just yet. He's not worth 4 million under the new CBA for sure and he wasn't worth 4 million before the CBA was changed. His contract wasn't quite justified although at the time of signing he was a VERY solid veteran with a lot of experience and that was something we thought was important for our squad. I remember that vividly.

While he gives us a nice locker room presence and a good attitude, and he has played relatively well since his ab injury, he doesn't provide enough on a consistent basis. He's the Matt Barnes of PGs in the league and Matt Barnes right now is a 2nd/3rd string guy for the other LA.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:ok, I'll give him whatever lil credit he deserves but I'm not gona lie and its obviouis I DISPISE players like Blake, Walton, Sasha....getting big bucks and doing jack squat afterwards. Its make me hate them even more when I see other bench guys around the league making less than them and producing twice as much.

I don't disagree with him being a massive disappointment.

Honestly, this is just the way I see the world and I know a lot of people don't necessarily see it my way. It's important to me for people to try to see two sides of every coin, it's something that I try to do in every situation. Because once I see both sides, I can measure which is most important and why I disagree with the other. See what I'm saying?

In this case, I can see that Blake isn't a good backup PG at an NBA level anymore. He's more of a 3rd string guy than a 2nd, but he's not quite as bad as the 3rds just yet. He's not worth 4 million under the new CBA for sure and he wasn't worth 4 million before the CBA was changed. His contract wasn't quite justified although at the time of signing he was a VERY solid veteran with a lot of experience and that was something we thought was important for our squad. I remember that vividly.

While he gives us a nice locker room presence and a good attitude, and he has played relatively well since his ab injury, he doesn't provide enough on a consistent basis. He's the Matt Barnes of PGs in the league and Matt Barnes right now is a 2nd/3rd string guy for the other LA.

fair enough but I dont think you should be knocking Barnes right now though, he is avg. a career high of 10ppg :man10: , not mind blowing awesomeness but dam for vet min, I take that all day! and its players like him who'll do the dirty work and throw a few well time hard foul that we need, more planned vs. the random crazyness of Metta.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am

No It's not a knock on Matt at all, he's been playing really well. But since Grant Hill is back, haven't his minutes been cut? Matt's a terrific 3rd string guy. I think Blake could be a really good 3rd string guy, that's what I'm saying.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Blakes great hater back at it. shocker.

I didn't see the game but saw he took only one shot, had 1 T/O, 1 Ast and 1 rebound wit 3-points. That isn't a very good game. Reading some of the non "hate" post I can see the Heat's speed and traps really effecting him. we need more from Blake for sure. Hopefully Tuesday we will get what he has gave given us in the past games.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 pm

37%fg, truly UNdeserved hate :freak2: ......although since RDL would like to see him get his props along with crticism, he at least gotten his 3pt% to 38% compared to the sub par % from the last 2 seasons.
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm

khmrP wrote:
The Rock wrote:he looks terrible now

his consistency is as good as a pathological liars train of thought.

:man10: Ouch!
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion