Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 pm

He's really shooting close to 42% for 3? That's impressive.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Clearly Blake was the missing piece.

That spike strip really poked him into shape :man12:

In all seriousness, he's been awesome. Much better than under Philly and Brown
Chillbongo

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm

I guess MDA really knows how to use him and motivate him. Maybe that's why they always tried to trade for Blake in Phoenix?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 pm

karacha wrote:I guess MDA really knows how to use him and motivate him. Maybe that's why they always tried to trade for Blake in Phoenix?

MDA definitely said he has kept an eye out for Blake for years. He said he really loves the type of player he is.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Very nicely done lob to D12 early in the 4th. Set the tone for D12 going to the hoop as Kobe hit him down there as well.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Blake is just doing the little things for this team. So nice.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm

his passing is nice but I fail to see the other part where people say he's a good defender. He was thoruoghly burned against NOH/TOR, even yesterday gm I didn't understand why he cont. to go under screens on Nate, same for Nash but Nash sucks on D in general, while not an offensive threat you can't get by with 1 shot either and that 1 being a stupid fade away off-balanced shot expecting a foul call doesn't help the matter either.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm

^You refuse to see his value plain and simple. I have broken down complete games for you and you still discredit the guy. He is a very solid defender. He does get burned on occassion but that happens to ALL players. The guy s a backup PG who manages the game, makes the right play most times and never forces the issue. You don't like the dude which can be the only reason for the constant hate in my opinion.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^You refuse to see his value plain and simple. I have broken down complete games for you and you still discredit the guy. He is a very solid defender. He does get burned on occassion but that happens to ALL players. The guy s a backup PG who manages the game, makes the right play most times and never forces the issue. You don't like the dude which can be the only reason for the constant hate in my opinion.

when have you broken down this? I see the last 3 games he doing the bare minimum, his passes I give him credit but lets not act as if he's getting into the paint and getting others easy open looks, the players he's passing it to already did the work for him buy getting into position so he could make those passes. As far as D goes, he gets lite up by just any backup PG with speed, game against Tor being the most glaring when as soon as Lucas came in he just went at Blake every chance he got. I'm not stroke a player just cause he finally isn't a detriment to the team now, just cause he does 1 thing well, his passing doesn't mean he doesn't have a bunch of other deficiency, backup or not Blake isn't a player I would expect to come up and provide anything when going gets tough.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^You refuse to see his value plain and simple. I have broken down complete games for you and you still discredit the guy. He is a very solid defender. He does get burned on occassion but that happens to ALL players. The guy s a backup PG who manages the game, makes the right play most times and never forces the issue. You don't like the dude which can be the only reason for the constant hate in my opinion.

when have you broken down this? I see the last 3 games he doing the bare minimum, his passes I give him credit but lets not act as if he's getting into the paint and getting others easy open looks, the players he's passing it to already did the work for him buy getting into position so he could make those passes. As far as D goes, he gets lite up by just any backup PG with speed, game against Tor being the most glaring when as soon as Lucas came in he just went at Blake every chance he got.

I broke down 3 straight games last season when you were yelling how useless Blake was and praising Sessions. You didn't respond once I did because the arguement is pretty weak. He is running the team and getting the most important player when he is in looks, Dwight. As far as his D goes I disagree he gets lit up by any backup PG. When Blake isn't with his man it is usually off a pick which is a two-man defense. All our gaurds get brushed off picks and are either chasing or going under the screens. When the bigs force the PG to go out wider then the gaurds can recover. When they don't the gaurds cant. Like the title says Steve is Solid, Efficient and Productive doing exactly what we need from our backup PG. Again, I don't get the hate.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

when have you broken down this? I see the last 3 games he doing the bare minimum, his passes I give him credit but lets not act as if he's getting into the paint and getting others easy open looks, the players he's passing it to already did the work for him buy getting into position so he could make those passes. As far as D goes, he gets lite up by just any backup PG with speed, game against Tor being the most glaring when as soon as Lucas came in he just went at Blake every chance he got.

I broke down 3 straight games last season when you were yelling how useless Blake was and praising Sessions. You didn't respond once I did because the arguement is pretty weak. He is running the team and getting the most important player when he is in looks, Dwight. As far as his D goes I disagree he gets lit up by any backup PG. When Blake isn't with his man it is usually off a pick which is a two-man defense. All our gaurds get brushed off picks and are either chasing or going under the screens. When the bigs force the PG to go out wider then the gaurds can recover. When they don't the gaurds cant. Like the title says Steve is Solid, Efficient and Productive doing exactly what we need from our backup PG. Again, I don't get the hate.

please outside of shooting better 3pt% this season, his stats remain EXACTLY the same as last year and even now there's game's like yesterday where he forgets to shoot even with the shot is there
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm

khmrP wrote:
his passes I give him credit but lets not act as if he's getting into the paint and getting others easy open looks, the players he's passing it to already did the work for him buy getting into position so he could make those passes.

You just explained every pass ever made, ever.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

KHMRP Like I said:

1. I don't know why you post in this thread because basically all it is unwarranted hate on the guy.
2. You never post when he actually plays exactly how you say he isn't playing.
3. His %'s for the year are not indicative of what he has done since returning from injury but you already know that.
4. Blake is looking to get players involved before himself. He finds the better play and shoots as a last resort. Funny that fans are complaining about MWP shooting too much yet you are here complaining that Blake isn't shooting.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:KHMRP Like I said:

1. I don't know why you post in this thread because basically all it is unwarranted hate on the guy.
2. You never post when he actually plays exactly how you say he isn't playing.
3. His %'s for the year are not indicative of what he has done since returning from injury but you already know that.
4. Blake is looking to get players involved before himself. He finds the better play and shoots as a last resort. Funny that fans are complaining about MWP shooting too much yet you are here complaining that Blake isn't shooting.

I post because I disagree of the assesment that he is a "good" defender, I dont know how you interpret that term, is he better then Duhon, sure but thats not really saying much. As for poitn 3, I have nothing to say bout % I said his increased his 3pt, I said his OVERALL #'s are exactly the same as last year if not worse. as for 4, one guy is taking 7 3's a game at times shooting low 30's % the other is Blake shooting 41% from 3's and sometime can't even muster 1 shot from there, yea definetly should have the same gripe for these 2 guys.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

I said his OVERALL #'s are exactly the same as last year if not worse.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong! (Dr. Cox version)

He's averaging more assists.
He's averaging less turnovers.
He's averaging higher FG%.
He's averaging higher 3PT%
He's averaging almost the same number of steals and points.
He's averaging slightly more blocks.
And he's doing it while averaging less minutes.

Per minute all of his averages are up.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:
I said his OVERALL #'s are exactly the same as last year if not worse.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong! (Dr. Cox version)

He's averaging more assists.
He's averaging less turnovers.
He's averaging higher FG%.
He's averaging higher 3PT%
He's averaging almost the same number of steals and points.
He's averaging slightly more blocks.
And he's doing it while averaging less minutes.

Per minute all of his averages are up.

Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2010-11 LAL 79 20:00 1.4 3.9 35.9 0.9 2.4 37.8 0.3 0.4 86.7 0.2 1.7 2.0 2.2 0.9 0.5 0.0 1.3 4.0
2011-12 LAL 53 23:18 1.9 5.1 37.7 1.0 3.0 33.5 0.4 0.5 77.8 0.2 1.4 1.6 3.3 1.4 0.7 0.0 1.4 5.2
2012-13 LAL 27 20:41 1.7 4.2 41.2 1.0 2.4 41.5 0.4 0.6 68.8 0.2 1.9 2.1 3.7 1.1 0.6 0.1 1.7 4.9

minsicule increases and decreases, nothing to go running home and bragging about thats beside the pt, i dont care about his #'s increase/decrease, I just dont see this supposed good D stuff, all I see is whoever he guarding usally tend to seem to always get hot and that one play in OKC game where he there with 2 other lakers facing Jackson on a fastbreak with Blake standing right in front of him and he just side steps Blake with ease for a layup, plays like that stand out because I question why people think he's a good defender.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Again: per minute his averages are all way up. I don't care if you don't care :man10: that's the fact.

And who here is saying he's playing lock down defense? He just tries hard on that end. Like Meeks.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Again: per minute his averages are all way up. I don't care if you don't care :man10: that's the fact.

And who here is saying he's playing lock down defense? He just tries hard on that end. Like Meeks.

you did, not lock down but from your earlier post you make is sound as if he's good at it which I disagree and much like Meeks while effort is there same end results, the opposing players scoring with ease and at will. As far as shooting % goes, great its at 41% but he still only making 1/gm on avg. just like last year, why dont we account for that part of the stat?
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm done.. I just went back in this thread and you have been doing the same thing for over a year. It is simple hate plain and simple. YOu never post when he has a great game just when you can pick on something to prove your irrational dislike for him.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I'm done.. I just went back in this thread and you have been doing the same thing for over a year. It is simple hate plain and simple. YOu never post when he has a great game just when you can pick on something to prove your irrational dislike for him.

that's cause it RARELY happens, I gave him props earlier for game in which I thought he should be playing at (game @ Minn) but that doesn't happen very often. Yes I hate Blake the player and I can only hope he's not on the team next yr.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Again: per minute his averages are all way up. I don't care if you don't care :man10: that's the fact.

you did, not lock down but from your earlier post you make is sound as if he's good at it which I disagree and much like Meeks while effort is there same end results, the opposing players scoring with ease and at will. As far as shooting % goes, great its at 41% but he still only making 1/gm on avg. just like last year, why dont we account for that part of the stat?

Account for all parts of the stat? If I had more time I'd destroy this horrible argument man. I'll come back to this.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Blake has been huge for us during this stretch after the ASG..anyone failed to see that is a troll and hasn't watched Laker games closely. PG is probably the hardest position to guard in the NBA..he fights through screens and has been copying the whole Steve Nash 'dribble in the paint and survey options' alot and it has worked pretty good at times. Him and Dwight has a pretty good connection on that P&R. He has hit timely 3's and made plays to help us win. I don't see how anyone can discredit his effort. I guess we can go back to Darius Morris as our backup PG if anyone is not happy with Blake.. :bang:
thisbjgz

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

^^^ Where do we sign up for that. :man13: :man13:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

if you have to use Duhon/Morris as example of alternative sure Blake is GOAT.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I'm done.. I just went back in this thread and you have been doing the same thing for over a year. It is simple hate plain and simple. YOu never post when he has a great game just when you can pick on something to prove your irrational dislike for him.

that's cause it RARELY happens, I gave him props earlier for game in which I thought he should be playing at (game @ Minn) but that doesn't happen very often. Yes I hate Blake the player and I can only hope he's not on the team next yr.

Really is the only point to your post. It doesn't RARELY happen you just refuse to see it. You already admitted it which is good so we can stop pretending that you care about the actual FACTS. Oh by the way, you don't give him props at all in fact you avoid this thread when he is playing great.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion