Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby Tragic on Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm

wow...he doesn't deserve that..
Tragic

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu May 17, 2012 7:07 pm

It's just a game folks. Steve had a great look and just misfired. No reason to resort to that.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jlkr on Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Sometimes we don't realize how hard teams have to work to get someone a good shot within a very limited time span. In a situation like that, I can't see how a wide open Blake shot is a worse shot than a hotly contested Kobe jumper. For every time Kobe makes a shot that has everyone shaking their heads, he's had two or three that didn't go, that is documented. This particular shot was well within Blake's capability, he just didn't make it, it happens.

The argument can and should be made though that it shouldn't have come down to that shot. First, the team couldn't execute their offense. that's on Brown. They couldn't make 3's, that's on the shooters. Do better on either of those and they don't need a last second shot to beat OKC. When ya hold OKC to 78 points, that should good enough for the W.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Finwë on Thu May 17, 2012 7:31 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:steve blake and his wife getting death threats via twitter? come on lakers fans..what is that

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7943732/steve-blake-los-angeles-lakers-wife-receive-threats-twitter

Saw that to. SMH.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu May 17, 2012 7:34 pm

that's frickin despicable. yes we were disappointed, but it's an effin basketball game.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby checkers09 on Thu May 17, 2012 7:51 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:steve blake and his wife getting death threats via twitter? come on lakers fans..what is that

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7943732/steve-blake-los-angeles-lakers-wife-receive-threats-twitter

That is horrible. People truly need to calm the heck down. :disagree:

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby odom1year on Thu May 17, 2012 7:55 pm

checkers09 wrote:

That is horrible. People truly need to calm the heck down. :disagree:

Agree. We still have homecourt. Calm down.
odom1year

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Can't say its really Lakers fans doing that... If William Parker and Devean Goerge didn't get death threats no way Blake gets them from Lakers fans.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm

aparently the tweet called blake a n**** (but hes white) and said something about murdering his wife and kids. thats horrible! its just a basketball game....really hope he sticks it to that person and balls like game 7 vs nuggets.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Ariza3 wrote:aparently the tweet called blake a n**** (but hes white) and said something about murdering his wife and kids. thats horrible! its just a basketball game....really hope he sticks it to that person and balls like game 7 vs nuggets.

would be nice if these tweets could be tracked back by their IP address. I'm sure it can be done, I mean hackers get caught that way. Twitter should seriously have that built in, 99.9% of the time you track it back with these threats probably just some lil middle school kid who got nothing better to do.
khmrP

Postby John3:16 on Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Ariza3 wrote:aparently the tweet called blake a n**** (but hes white) and said something about murdering his wife and kids. thats horrible! its just a basketball game....really hope he sticks it to that person and balls like game 7 vs nuggets.

That's crazy. I realize it's probably nothing, but I'd have people investigating. Have them arrested. Can't be talking about a man's wife and kids.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu May 17, 2012 10:02 pm

John3:16 wrote:

That's crazy. I realize it's probably nothing, but I'd have people investigating. Have them arrested. Can't be talking about a man's wife and kids.

very impressed with how blakes handled it. i mean is its twitter i know..but still thats a pretty terrible thing to say. he was pretty tense about it when asked by media at practice
Ariza3

Postby The Original 81 on Fri May 18, 2012 12:09 am

I've played that last possession over in my head all day. I still think Ron made the right pass and I liked the shot, but I bet OKC would rather have someone other than Kobe beat them. Maybe not a WIDE OPEN shot like that, but typically you hear people say that all the time.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Lakers808 on Fri May 18, 2012 3:30 am

i was surprised blake took the last shot but he was definitely the best option considering kobe was running away from the ball for some strange reason
Lakers808

Re: Last shot

Postby JUST-MING on Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 am

Lakers808 wrote:i was surprised blake took the last shot but he was definitely the best option considering kobe was running away from the ball for some strange reason

He was getting to his sweat spot.

JUST-MING

Postby raviator on Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 am

John3:16 wrote:

I agree. That's just freakin' cowardly plain and simple. That's the thing about the internet, you can sometimes hide who you are while talking trash about someone else. People do need to grow up. If a basketball game ruins their life that much, they got problems. As for the last shot, I agree that it was the absolute right play to make. Blake's just gotta knock that shot down. But you can't blame him for the loss, the game was lost due to lack of execution down the stretch.
raviator

Postby kray28 on Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 am

fksteveblake wrote:that's frickin despicable. yes we were disappointed, but it's an effin basketball game.

There's always a part of the fanbase that you're going to want nothing to do with. That should be apparent from this forum itself.

This happened to CJ Watson of the Bulls too, and has happened to several others as well.

1. These people need to be prosecuted if they actually issued a threat...issuing a threat to someone's safety is not protected speech. These people need to be found and exposed.

2. Who here has Twitter? I don't, never will.

3. Why does Steve Blake's wife have a Twitter? This isn't the first time that she's gotten nastygrams for Steve's play. Still she's kept the acct open.
kray28

Re: Last shot

Postby Jporkel on Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 am

JUST-MING wrote:
Lakers808 wrote:i was surprised blake took the last shot but he was definitely the best option considering kobe was running away from the ball for some strange reason

He was getting to his sweat spot.

And then Ron was going to pass him the ball over 3 or 4 Thunder defenders, right?
Jporkel

Postby kray28 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:27 am

He was probably going to try to curl around and come back for the catch. Ron got a little impatient, and when he saw Blake lose his man and come free....he got it to him.
kray28

Re: Inbounds

Postby JUST-MING on Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 am

It was definitely a poorly designed inbounds play drew up by the coaching staff. Considering, they spent 3 timeouts to come up with that, and twice came close to a 5-second count turnover (watch the ref’s arm).
JUST-MING

Re: Inbounds

Postby kray28 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 am

JUST-MING wrote:It was definitely a poorly designed inbounds play drew up by the coaching staff. Considering, they spent 3 timeouts to come up with that, and twice came close to a 5-second count turnover (watch the ref’s arm).

The same problem has plagued us for years though. It was an epidemic with Phil's teams. Amazing that a coach like that had such a horrible lack of variety on inbounds plays.
kray28

Postby checkers09 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

He made some great plays tonight! :jam2:

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Some huge shots and 8 REBOUNDS! :man4: Going to need him to play well tomorrow also.
Daloyalfan18

Postby Blahdeh Deebatz on Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Blake played with some cajones tonight.
Blahdeh Deebatz

Postby Ariza3 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

had a GREAT game tonight. really came out and took smart shots and sound decisions. he made a pretty big 3 and had 8 REBOUNDS!!

def showed up the haters (twitter threats)
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion