Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Official STEVE BLAKE Appreciation Thread

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:14 pm

therealdeal wrote:My heart soars thinking about how this guy leads the bench. Such a difference from Farmar. The intangibles of this team are simply amazing.

/signed
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Just love blake's game. So anti Farmar.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm

GO GET IT SON! Yeeeeeeeah boiiiiiii.

P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ragesince1516 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

That Blake's backboard pass to Pau gonna get some blazers fans :mad1:

:man10:
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby GNC on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:Just love blake's game. So anti Farmar.

:bow: :bow:
GNC

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm

During the fourth quarter with the starters already done for the game, the bench was on the floor and Portland went on a 10-0 run. Blake played a part in keeping matters in control...run the offense, milk the clock. It could have turned into a helter-skelter game like they play in the Y. Blake ensured that it didn't and that is where most of his value lies.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:44 pm

I love how everyone is taking a shot at Farmar. :man10:

Yeah he would be frustrating at times going rogue in the offense and forcing the issue but we did win two rings with the guy and his matador defense...that has to be saying something.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:I love how everyone is taking a shot at Farmar. :man10:

Yeah he would be frustrating at times going rogue in the offense and forcing the issue but we did win two rings with the guy and his matador defense...that has to be saying something.

The only thing is says is that LA's starting 5 plus Odom was so good they masked the flaws of the bench (including Farmar). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything Jordan did for LA in the last two championship runs and I acknowledge that he settled down during the postseason, but Blake is just a much better fit in every way imaginable.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Azndude2190 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 am

^Very true.One thing I am going to miss about Farmar though was his end of the quarter cross court heaves.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby kblo247 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am

It says we put more miles on Fisher than we should have.

Fish basically had no backup PG, especially after the All Star break and in the playoffs during the 3 years Farmar was on the team. The extra mileage we put on Fish in the 08-09 season was painfully obvious in the playoffs until the Finals came and they had breaks because of the TV schedule.
kblo247

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:

The only thing is says is that LA's starting 5 plus Odom was so good they masked the flaws of the bench (including Farmar). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything Jordan did for LA in the last two championship runs and I acknowledge that he settled down during the postseason, but Blake is just a much better fit in every way imaginable.

That.

No one is saying that Jordan wasn't helpful in his own way, but he's not Steve Blake. Steve is the ultimate fit for this team. Passing, shooting, defense... These are the things we needed and Jordan only provided one of those and that was only sometimes. And it wasn't passing or defense, that's for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 am

my duude :jam2:

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Venomenon on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

lol Steve Blake handing out a big F U to Portland :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Venomenon

Postby jackflag on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:29 am

Pretty amazing when you think the Lakers won the last two titles basically without a bench. Now we have one.
jackflag

Postby John3:16 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:47 am

GNC wrote:

:bow: :bow:

Here's the thing: When Blakes shot isn't falling it doesn't effect the rest of his game. he's still running the offense, taking shots withing the flow of the offense, and playing great D. If Farmar's first shot didn't go in, it totally effected his night -- started forcing shots, not passing to open teammates, not playing good D..... yes, he is the anti-Farmar. and I have a man-crush on him too.
John3:16

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 am

therealdeal wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:

That.

No one is saying that Jordan wasn't helpful in his own way, but he's not Steve Blake. Steve is the ultimate fit for this team. Passing, shooting, defense... These are the things we needed and Jordan only provided one of those and that was only sometimes. And it wasn't passing or defense, that's for sure.

^^ Absolutely! Great posts. I liked Jordan a lot, being a Bruin myself and following his career in college. There were always questions though about his ability to fit into an unselfish system such as the triangle where the PG doesn't dominate the ball. Ultimately, it just didn't work. The writing was on the wall and I was relieved and glad when they didn't re-up his contract last year. He just never fit and Blake does. Jordan has plenty of talent and at times was an exciting player here in LA. But his unwillingness or inability to run the offense correctly really hurt us at times. Props to him for giving it a shot over the years and adding what he did during our championship runs. But like most or all here, I'm so thankful to finally have a veteran PG who can truly get it done. I've been calling for it for more than a year as it was one of our most glaring weaknesses. Now Blake is filling that role as well or better than I could have hoped for. He's killing it.
Lakerjones

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 am

I Lol'd. So true. My BP goes up when Farmar's in the game, knowing how erratic he is in both ends of the court, Blake's like a calming presence, like Stu said he's very professional about things.

Did y'all know he used to be a boy scout in his teens and takes boxing classes in the offseason? He's very disciplined.

That oop off the glass to Pau, probbaly irked Blazer fans :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Thank you Mike Miller for turning down LA's full MLE offer. Steve Blake > your injured thumb any day of the week.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:13 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Thank you Mike Miller for turning down LA's full MLE offer. Steve Blake > your injured thumb any day of the week.

And obviously, we really needed a solid, smart PG, while a SF shooter was not necessary at all. We have Barnes, who does more for this team then Miller would do off the bench, we have Ebanks... And we're the top long-range shooting team in the league anyway. So, Blake was a much better choice for the Lakers. This truly makes Mitch look like a genius.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gninerfan21 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:00 am

:man10:
gninerfan21

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:43 am

Lolz why has it been nearly a month since this thread has gotten bumped?
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
lakerfantilldeath

Postby jonnyshevanel on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:39 am

gninerfan21 wrote::man10:

:freak2:
jonnyshevanel

Postby GNC on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

i wish he would get more playing time
GNC

Postby gninerfan21 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:01 am

lakerfantilldeath wrote:Lolz why has it been nearly a month since this thread has gotten bumped?

Because people jumped the gun on his signing.

Barnes was a much better signing than Blake.
gninerfan21

Postby lakerfantilldeath on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Blake with a great game today, argurably his best as a Laker. 11 points, 3/6 from 3. :jam2: :bow:
Pau Gasol, the best overall bigman in the NBA.
lakerfantilldeath

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion