Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: solid, efficient, productive

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Smack! with that compliment from the back of your hand..... :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Blake thinks he's Nash when he's on the court...hitting his shots, finding the open man

when i talk about our team having an ok bench, i even mention Blake now with some hint of pride
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 am

Great game from Blake, way to step up with Nash not able to go more than a few minutes.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 am

8 Mile was back on SSLP/MMLP ish tonight ... great game
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 am

Came up big
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:14 am

Since the ASB:
25.4 minutes, 7.1 points, 4.2 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 42.4% FG, 43.4% 3pt, 80% FT

He has been playing very well, seemingly always there when we need a lift off the bench.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 am

Blakey like all players need healthy minutes to develop a rhytmn for the game. 5 treys? Good stuff...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Oh my this dude was huge last night. Timely shots and pretty damn solid D all night. Awesomeness.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 pm

was always waiting for him to come back knowing what he'd bring and now with even more minutes hes really shining. shooting and playing with more confidence. makes solid plays on both ends and has been shooting the 3 well.

hope it continues. him and jamison are gunna have to be huge when it comes to playoffs. the warriors "jack/landry" combo for the lakers
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:56 pm

He still has a lot of game left. If we were able to get a young, quality PG, Blake could still be a useful backup for... maybe 2 years or so.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 pm

more than a few dubious turnovers...but overall a solid performance
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Before the injury:

After the injury:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Blake regressed a little tonight. Didn't like that. Some dumb plays in the third and fourth.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Blake had a couple bad T/O's and for a spell looked to be flustered by the Mavs small guard pressure. Overall he had a solid game but has to take care of the ball in the 4th. Did make up for it with that big 3 in the 4th.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 pm

^ yeah
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 am

Dumb turnovers when Dallas made their run, but he got it going early and finished strong.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am

did not like those 3 TO at all, if an AVG guard like Collison can give him that much trouble I'd be worried against better PG in going foward. I know his handles weren't great to begin with but dam if you cant bring the ball up how exactly are you even a PG? But with that said solid overall effort, the corner 3 help a bit but kinda gave it right back with that TO following a dallas miss and leading to Collison open 3.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:37 am

Here's a compliment, no wait *slap*

Just messing with ya khmrp.

Look the guy isn't a starting PG for a reason. He's going to make mistakes, he's going to get overzealous. Collison is young, lengthy, and he's an athletic guy. Blake also played good defense and was knocking down open shots. I thought he played relatively well. Obviously those turnovers hurt, but overall he had a very solid performance.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

therealdeal wrote:Here's a compliment, no wait *slap*

Just messing with ya khmrp.

Look the guy isn't a starting PG for a reason. He's going to make mistakes, he's going to get overzealous. Collison is young, lengthy, and he's an athletic guy. Blake also played good defense and was knocking down open shots. I thought he played relatively well. Obviously those turnovers hurt, but overall he had a very solid performance.

Collison lost his job to old geezer Mike James, just saying man. Get some dam handles, I'm not expecting AI killer crossover here, just dont get your pockets picked before evening crossing half court, not that much to ask for right?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 am

Collison isn't great, but that doesn't mean he's not an NBA player. Not too long ago some teams thought of him as a potential starting piece. He's a good PG defender and a good player in the right situation.

You're right, I'm just saying don't let that completely bias your vision of Blake's game. Blake was poking balls loose, hitting open shots, and generally playing feisty like always.

Heck the turnover I most hated was the attempted full court pass. That was just bad decision making. Getting ripped means the defender actively beat you. Throwing a full court pass into the defense means you made a bad decision.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

khmrP wrote:did not like those 3 TO at all, if an AVG guard like Collison can give him that much trouble I'd be worried against better PG in going foward. I know his handles weren't great to begin with but dam if you cant bring the ball up how exactly are you even a PG? But with that said solid overall effort, the corner 3 help a bit but kinda gave it right back with that TO following a dallas miss and leading to Collison open 3.

LOL.. I look forward to your post in this thread now. Most game Blake is 4/5 assist to 0/1 turnovers. Last night he had a bad stretch but to say "get some damn handles" :man3: If memory serves me right his 3 turnovers in the fourth were 1) he mishandled the ball changing direction. The defender never got a hand on it or pressed him so it was just a lapse in concentration. 2) He tried a full court pass to a streaking Meeks off a great steal he (Blake) made. He waited half a second to long to get rid of that for sure. 3) He got trapped on the wing and tried to force it to Pau (or Kobe) and it was stolen. All three of those were preventable and is something he does not do very often. This season he is roughly 1 TO : 4 Ast per game I don't know that seems pretty good for a guy who isn't exactly even a PG.While I gave Blake my zero nod for his lapse in the fourth quarter the truth is he outplayed both his Dallas counterparts. He shot 50% from the field, played good D and denied the entry passes when he was clearly mismatched on the block after defensive switches.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:16 pm

^^^2 of those of those TO's were Collison poking it from behind, I dont know what you were seeing...the half court pick pocket wasn't a mishandle, the replay clearly showed Collison reaching around and poking it away, just like the other one where he almost got by Collison. That 4th qtr clearly shows he can be flustered if enough pressure is put on him and Collison is not exactly an elite defender. The reason he has low TO to assist is because he doesn't take chances with the ball and throwing silly passes, doesn't mean he has handles to avoid getting harassed like he did in that 4th. He didnt' outplay Collison either, they both had similar stats.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 pm

^actually only one was. The first one Blake put the ball behind his back and it hit is leg where he lost it as it came back in front of him. That was when Collison got his hand on it and Blake got the foul. That TO was cause specifically by Blakes lack of focus at that moment. The one where he got ripped trying to get the ball to Pau (I think) was from the defensive pressure. The last, as I stated, was from him trying to push the ball with the long pass. It is a great if it works play but a kill you if it doesn't play. That ONE 4th quarter showed that he could make mistakes like everyone else. After that little spurt he settled back down and went back to being solid. Again, when you talk Blake you nitpick and try to find something to dump on. The reason he has low TO's is because he makes the "right" pass instead of the fancy pass. I beg to differ his game was more effecient that Collison and he played better defense overall. His +/- is also 40 points different than Collison. Collison got those 3 late steals when we played failry dumb for a spell. Other than that Blake was better for our team than he was for his.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Can we please give him some credit, jeez.... the guy hit 3 three's if I remember correctly.

Keep up the great work Blake :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby kenshi1023 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Keep up the great work Blake :jam2:

you want him to "keep up the great" turn overs? wth is wrong with you :man10:
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion