Steve Blake injured per 710 ESPN

Re: Steve Blake injured per 710 ESPN

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am

I read on a blog somewhere that his wife tweeted that we shouldn't judge or mock him without knowing the full story, but when I clicked the link it looks like she deleted the tweet (and I didn't care enough to spend 5 seconds to Google her lol).
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am

^I'm really hoping one of these Darius' step up and provide something unique at that position and maybe even challenge Blake and Duhon. Anyways, you're right; We should be fine...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

Tobias Funke wrote:I read on a blog somewhere that his wife tweeted that we shouldn't judge or mock him without knowing the full story, but when I clicked the link it looks like she deleted the tweet (and I didn't care enough to spend 5 seconds to Google her lol).

I'm not necessarily mocking, but I mean c'mon lady what do you expect? :man10:

There's BOUND to be questions about something so bizzare. He might as well have said a piano fell on his foot.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

Steve Blake ‏@SteveBlake5
Just left the foot dr-good news! Who wants to hear it?....

Steve Blake ‏@SteveBlake5
He said I am healing great and I'm cleared to use my heel now and start spot shooting. I'll be playing again in no time. Can't wait.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

i changed my avatar in honor of steve.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm

fksteveblake wrote:i changed my avatar in honor of steve.

:man10: :man10:

I love it
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 pm

fksteveblake wrote:i changed my avatar in honor of steve.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 pm

So really, aside from the whole "I got distracted by someone calling my name", he really did just step on a spike strip?
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Sean on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 pm

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lat-steve-blake-explains-why-he-stepped-on-parking-lot-spike-20121001,0,6154085.story

Steve Blake explains how he stepped on a parking lot spike

By Mark Medina
October 1, 2012, 3:29 p.m.

As he headed toward his truck barefoot in a Manhattan Beach parking lot, Lakers guard Steve Blake turned his head.

Somebody called his name and Blake looked up. At that instant, Blake stepped on a spike strip that left a puncture in his left foot, an incident he described as an "unfortunate situation."

"When you step on something like that, it's pretty painful," Blake said. "All the blood made me realize something was wrong. It's unfortunate. You move past it and go from there."

Blake arrived at media day Monday at the team's practice facility in El Segundo in full uniform -- and wearing shoes. He didn't show any limitation when he walked to the various photo shoots and interview sessions. Blake said doctors have cleared him for spot using drills.

Nonetheless, Blake said that "cutting, anything that causes friction will open the wound up." Hence, Blake will be limited for at least three weeks.

That will open up the backup shooting guard spot to Chris Duhon and Darius Morris. It could inhibit any progress Blake hoped to make after showing more consistency shooting in last season's playoffs. But Blake remained optimistic the return won't be difficult because he he learned Eddie Jordan's Princeton offense when he played with the Washington Wizards from 2004 to 2006.

"The pain is not too bad right now," Blake said. "It's still a little sensitive on my heel. But I'm healing well and healing fast. I'm on track to get back."
"Either you are still a Laker fan, or you never were." -Guru
Sean

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:21 pm

:man10: :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion