Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Tragic on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."

:panic2:
Tragic

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."

wow :man10: :man10:

Awe man I know the twitter world will be buzzing over this.. it has to be... I mean, didn't Ron Artest just insinuate that white basketball players are smarter than black ones? Where is AL Sharpton? Jesse? What do you mean it won't be blown out over board cause it is Ron Artest. Thats BS :bang: I demand a 30 for 30 showing the difference between the smarts of the black guys and the white guys. Skip and Steven need to debate this and then bring in JA Adande and Jamele Hill to show how this comment sets the Lakers back a few years and how it proves that the mentality of the players is hampering the Black athletes ability to make money in the NBA (and Soccer.. yes.. Soccer and Lacross and even Table Tennis). Then we need to bring in Plaschke to show how Mike Brown has now officially lost the locker room and it is obvious Kobe isn't a leader to allow Ron to say such a thing... Damn You Kobe :bang:

By the way I am joking.. that ish was funny Ron

:man3:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 am

And so begins a tumultuous season of Metta fines and suspensions... :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Kit on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:53 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

wow :man10: :man10:

Awe man I know the twitter world will be buzzing over this.. it has to be... I mean, didn't Ron Artest just insinuate that white basketball players are smarter than black ones? Where is AL Sharpton? Jesse? What do you mean it won't be blown out over board cause it is Ron Artest. Thats BS :bang: I demand a 30 for 30 showing the difference between the smarts of the black guys and the white guys. Skip and Steven need to debate this and then bring in JA Adande and Jamele Hill to show how this comment sets the Lakers back a few years and how it proves that the mentality of the players is hampering the Black athletes ability to make money in the NBA (and Soccer.. yes.. Soccer and Lacross and even Table Tennis). Then we need to bring in Plaschke to show how Mike Brown has now officially lost the locker room and it is obvious Kobe isn't a leader to allow Ron to say such a thing... Damn You Kobe :bang:

By the way I am joking.. that ish was funny Ron

:man3: :man3:

It would be a bigger deal if Ron was white.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby vaitimeri on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Sarcastaball World Champion, puffyusaf#2!
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

That's hilarious.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10: LMAO
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Funny. But Pau will get mad now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm

John3:16 wrote:Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.

I know what he was trying to do, hence my reaction.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Lol Metta. :man10: :man10: :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby yossarian33 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome. I'll probably loiter around here from time to time until the NHL Season starts, if it ever does.

Think Nash could make the Lakers exciting to watch. Lights out shooting from everywhere basically, and obviously his play making ability is off the charts. With Howard now in the fold, i think, at least on paper Lakers look very very nice and a genuine contender. I think Nash will be good for getting the most out of guys, he has with most teammates in the past, so hopefully he can help with team chemistry and bring some leadership to the table, but i guess it is conjecture at this point to how Howard, Kobe, Nash and the team will gel.

The only thing with Nash from watching him over the years is sometimes he can go on turnover streaks, but with his style it can be high risk high reward i think. I don't even know if that's right, his turnover/assist ratio may be fine, probably nitpicking. Then defensively obviously not a guy you can look for to shut a guy down or anything, and how much time left in the tank is there. But all things considered, i'm liking Lakers chances coming out of the west.

I'm glad he's on L.A. rather than the Raps where he'd likely waste away his talents, maybe make the playoffs a couple times at best if lucky. Least with L.A. i can watch him go for a ring. And is Grant Hill on the Lakers now too? Or was it a different Hill that was traded, i'm wasn't exactly clear on that.

Anyways, excited to see what the new Lakers team will look like.

That Metta World Peace tweet is off the hook btw, lol! wow.
yossarian33

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 pm

^ No, Grant Hill decided to take his talents to the Los Angeles team, the Clippers. God only knows why.

The Lakers re-signed their PF/C Jordan Hill this off-season.

As for Nash and his turnover streaks, that's entirely possible. I've never done the research on it. But the cool thing now is that if he does start to get sloppy for whatever reason, we've got more than enough pieces to give him a rest and give him a chance to calm down and get back to his usual self. His assist/turnover ratio is actually tremendous, but of course that doesn't necessarily account for streaks.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm

John3:16 wrote:Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.

I vote for Puffy's quote on Ron being serious :jam2:

And small white print on my post for the win :man2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Nash said he volunteered to shoot the practice-ending FT's; shared that the team went through basic offense, defensive sets all day.

http://instagram.com/p/QS80fwrO5r/

Nash allowed that going through drills w/t starters feels like All Star practice, the key difference being this here means something.

Nash said he couldn't tell that @DwightHoward had any back issue at all, but team didn't run any full court w/contact.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm

karacha wrote:Funny. But Pau will get mad now.

you mean, this Pau?

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ No, Grant Hill decided to take his talents to the Los Angeles team, the Clippers. God only knows why.

The Lakers re-signed their PF/C Jordan Hill this off-season.

As for Nash and his turnover streaks, that's entirely possible. I've never done the research on it. But the cool thing now is that if he does start to get sloppy for whatever reason, we've got more than enough pieces to give him a rest and give him a chance to calm down and get back to his usual self. His assist/turnover ratio is actually tremendous, but of course that doesn't necessarily account for streaks.

It's evident that Grant Hill has a grudge against the Lakers. He pretty much cemented that notion for me when he chose the Clippers over the Lakers.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.

Same here. I was all for the signing but now I'm glad he ended up with the other team. The Clippers franchise is synonymous with the word "loser" so he'll get what he deserves.
nthydro

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm

nthydro wrote:I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:

that's a pretty valid question...Nash has a higher FT % so i would assume he shoots the techs?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby gcclaker on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.

Hill wants to show that he has dignity and is not a ring chaser riding on the coattails of others [rolls eyes]. :man1:

Considering Nash gave him the pitch and he still turned it down to go to the Clippers? Well, if that isn't outright disdain then I don't know what is. Hell, Hill did not even return Jackson's call when he was here.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
nthydro wrote:I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:

that's a pretty valid question...Nash has a higher FT % so i would assume he shoots the techs?

But didn't Fish and Sasha have better % as well? He didn't let them shoot it :man10:

With the game on the line, who would you rather have shoot the free throws. For me, not even close, gotta be KB 24.
nthydro

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm

nthydro wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:

But didn't Fish and Sasha have better % as well? He didn't let them shoot it :man10:

With the game on the line, who would you rather have shoot the free throws. For me, not even close, gotta be KB 24.

i wouldn't mind Nash shooting the techs...interesting thing to look for when the season starts
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion