Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Tragic on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."


:panic2:
User avatar
Tragic

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."

wow :man10: :man10:


Awe man I know the twitter world will be buzzing over this.. it has to be... I mean, didn't Ron Artest just insinuate that white basketball players are smarter than black ones? Where is AL Sharpton? Jesse? What do you mean it won't be blown out over board cause it is Ron Artest. Thats BS :bang: I demand a 30 for 30 showing the difference between the smarts of the black guys and the white guys. Skip and Steven need to debate this and then bring in JA Adande and Jamele Hill to show how this comment sets the Lakers back a few years and how it proves that the mentality of the players is hampering the Black athletes ability to make money in the NBA (and Soccer.. yes.. Soccer and Lacross and even Table Tennis). Then we need to bring in Plaschke to show how Mike Brown has now officially lost the locker room and it is obvious Kobe isn't a leader to allow Ron to say such a thing... Damn You Kobe :bang:

By the way I am joking.. that ish was funny Ron


:man3:
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby dj vitus on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 am

And so begins a tumultuous season of Metta fines and suspensions... :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9438
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Kit on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:53 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."

wow :man10: :man10:


Awe man I know the twitter world will be buzzing over this.. it has to be... I mean, didn't Ron Artest just insinuate that white basketball players are smarter than black ones? Where is AL Sharpton? Jesse? What do you mean it won't be blown out over board cause it is Ron Artest. Thats BS :bang: I demand a 30 for 30 showing the difference between the smarts of the black guys and the white guys. Skip and Steven need to debate this and then bring in JA Adande and Jamele Hill to show how this comment sets the Lakers back a few years and how it proves that the mentality of the players is hampering the Black athletes ability to make money in the NBA (and Soccer.. yes.. Soccer and Lacross and even Table Tennis). Then we need to bring in Plaschke to show how Mike Brown has now officially lost the locker room and it is obvious Kobe isn't a leader to allow Ron to say such a thing... Damn You Kobe :bang:

By the way I am joking.. that ish was funny Ron



:man3: :man3:

It would be a bigger deal if Ron was white.
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby vaitimeri on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Sarcastaball World Champion, puffyusaf#2!
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

That's hilarious.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Metta World Peace was asked if Steve Nash is the smartest player on the Lakers: "He's white, so probably yes."

:man10: :man10: :man10: LMAO
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11673
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Funny. But Pau will get mad now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37465
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby John3:16 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31870
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm

John3:16 wrote:Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.


I know what he was trying to do, hence my reaction.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Lol Metta. :man10: :man10: :man10:
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby yossarian33 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome. I'll probably loiter around here from time to time until the NHL Season starts, if it ever does.

Think Nash could make the Lakers exciting to watch. Lights out shooting from everywhere basically, and obviously his play making ability is off the charts. With Howard now in the fold, i think, at least on paper Lakers look very very nice and a genuine contender. I think Nash will be good for getting the most out of guys, he has with most teammates in the past, so hopefully he can help with team chemistry and bring some leadership to the table, but i guess it is conjecture at this point to how Howard, Kobe, Nash and the team will gel.

The only thing with Nash from watching him over the years is sometimes he can go on turnover streaks, but with his style it can be high risk high reward i think. I don't even know if that's right, his turnover/assist ratio may be fine, probably nitpicking. Then defensively obviously not a guy you can look for to shut a guy down or anything, and how much time left in the tank is there. But all things considered, i'm liking Lakers chances coming out of the west.

I'm glad he's on L.A. rather than the Raps where he'd likely waste away his talents, maybe make the playoffs a couple times at best if lucky. Least with L.A. i can watch him go for a ring. And is Grant Hill on the Lakers now too? Or was it a different Hill that was traded, i'm wasn't exactly clear on that.

Anyways, excited to see what the new Lakers team will look like.

That Metta World Peace tweet is off the hook btw, lol! wow.
yossarian33

 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 pm

^ No, Grant Hill decided to take his talents to the Los Angeles team, the Clippers. God only knows why.

The Lakers re-signed their PF/C Jordan Hill this off-season.

As for Nash and his turnover streaks, that's entirely possible. I've never done the research on it. But the cool thing now is that if he does start to get sloppy for whatever reason, we've got more than enough pieces to give him a rest and give him a chance to calm down and get back to his usual self. His assist/turnover ratio is actually tremendous, but of course that doesn't necessarily account for streaks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm

John3:16 wrote:Not sure what's more interesting. Ron's quote or people taking Puffy seriously.

I vote for Puffy's quote on Ron being serious :jam2:

And small white print on my post for the win :man2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30578
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Nash said he volunteered to shoot the practice-ending FT's; shared that the team went through basic offense, defensive sets all day.

http://instagram.com/p/QS80fwrO5r/

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Nash allowed that going through drills w/t starters feels like All Star practice, the key difference being this here means something.


Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Nash said he couldn't tell that @DwightHoward had any back issue at all, but team didn't run any full court w/contact.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11673
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm

karacha wrote:Funny. But Pau will get mad now.


you mean, this Pau?

Image
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9888
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ No, Grant Hill decided to take his talents to the Los Angeles team, the Clippers. God only knows why.

The Lakers re-signed their PF/C Jordan Hill this off-season.

As for Nash and his turnover streaks, that's entirely possible. I've never done the research on it. But the cool thing now is that if he does start to get sloppy for whatever reason, we've got more than enough pieces to give him a rest and give him a chance to calm down and get back to his usual self. His assist/turnover ratio is actually tremendous, but of course that doesn't necessarily account for streaks.


It's evident that Grant Hill has a grudge against the Lakers. He pretty much cemented that notion for me when he chose the Clippers over the Lakers.
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.


Same here. I was all for the signing but now I'm glad he ended up with the other team. The Clippers franchise is synonymous with the word "loser" so he'll get what he deserves.
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm

nthydro wrote:I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:



that's a pretty valid question...Nash has a higher FT % so i would assume he shoots the techs?
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6337
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby gcclaker on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:Honestly I'm glad he didn't come here. If he's that much of a loser at heart, then he doesn't deserve to be a part of this team.

Hill wants to show that he has dignity and is not a ring chaser riding on the coattails of others [rolls eyes]. :man1:

Considering Nash gave him the pitch and he still turned it down to go to the Clippers? Well, if that isn't outright disdain then I don't know what is. Hell, Hill did not even return Jackson's call when he was here.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15204
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
nthydro wrote:I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:



that's a pretty valid question...Nash has a higher FT % so i would assume he shoots the techs?


But didn't Fish and Sasha have better % as well? He didn't let them shoot it :man10:

With the game on the line, who would you rather have shoot the free throws. For me, not even close, gotta be KB 24.
nthydro

 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm

nthydro wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
nthydro wrote:I'm just wondering if Kobe is going to let Nash shoot the technical free throws :man10:



that's a pretty valid question...Nash has a higher FT % so i would assume he shoots the techs?


But didn't Fish and Sasha have better % as well? He didn't let them shoot it :man10:

With the game on the line, who would you rather have shoot the free throws. For me, not even close, gotta be KB 24.



i wouldn't mind Nash shooting the techs...interesting thing to look for when the season starts
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6337
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ariza3, Barnstable, bnr034 and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.