Steve Nash Discussion: Retiring; Lakers Disabled Exception

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby bystander on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 pm

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6383
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby gill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

:man10: Says the guy who played BronBall his entire tenure in Cleveland. His Cavs' accomplishments those same years wasn't that far off from what he pointed out to. Pot meet kettle?

Nash was a Robert Horry hip check away from getting to the Finals around May in those years on his way to two MVP's... and also possibly sweeping the Cavs coached by who else? Brown!

Where was MB in May after 07 when Bron carried your butt to the Finals???
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19354
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Nice Mike. Basically s*** on your own player and starting PG.

"Hey Steve you ran a hell of an offense, but could never win any big games. Sincerely, Mike"

For someone that hasn't one jack s*** when it counts, this guy needs keep his mouth shut.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby gill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Dear Mike... Princeton has never won a title either. What's your point?
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19354
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby purp n gold on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


He's so stupid I'm finding the frustration debilitating. Steam is coming out of my ears right now.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


This guy is a complete moron and I want him gone more & more each day.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


what a complete a***clown. can't wait til he's gone.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6851
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

WTF he pos talking trash about his future hall of framer starting PG. I am speechless. I hope the players don't see this
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:38 pm

What a load of crock
A coach who tempers his strengths
Is nothing but crap
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Tragic on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I can't remember the last time I've seen CL so polarized when it comes to something :man10: . But back to the topic at hand, what an embarrassingly weak point Mike Brown is trying to make with that statement about the pick and roll.
User avatar
Tragic

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby CornMonkey on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm with pretty much all of you in regards to the competency (or lack thereof) in Mike Brown. But those Twitter quotes are taken out of context and don't paint the full story in the article.

Ramona Shelburne's article can be found here:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... on-offense

Also, her Twitter account can be found here to see her followup tweets on Brown's thoughts on the PnR.
http://twitter.com/ramonashelburne

But here are a few quotes that we should all note...

But he [Nash], too, was preaching patience on Thursday, saying he felt the team was experiencing some "paralysis by analysis" as it tried to adjust to a new way of doing things on offense. He also said this style of play "could end up being the best thing for this team."

"It is dramatically different from what I've done the last eight years," Nash said. "But I still think there's a lot of room to find a comfort in the offense.

"It's not all about how I can be the centerpiece. It's about how can we all collectively make each other better, and I think this offense provides us with an opportunity to do that, albeit, in time."


As for the criticism of the way Nash is being used, Brown reiterated that the veteran has the ability to run a pick-and-roll game any time he wants. He just hasn't done so early on for a variety of reasons.

"He can play pick-and-roll if he wants to, but even he said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it wears him out," Brown said.

"He likes the flexibility of giving it up and getting it back in other areas of the floor. Or giving it up and the ball moving and bodies are moving and he doesn't have to make a play for everybody every time down the floor."

In all, seems the team, not just Mike Brown is preaching patience. This includes Kobe and Nash himself. I personally would like to see Nash/Dwight go crazy but the Lakers have long-term success in mind. Personally, I'm definitely not happy with opening this season with 2 losses, possibly 3 after Friday. But if Nash himself is making the effort to see this through, then I'm going to try to wait it as well.

Even though I can understand why they're trying to use the Princeton exclusively to accelerate the learning process, I just don't see why they can't add in a few more PnR plays to jumpstart a stagnant offense once in a while.

Having said all this though, I think the primary short-term concern is defense and (yet again) lackluster bench play.
CornMonkey

 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Brown ain't respected
Biggest problem that we have
Bench tuning him out
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Your 3 liners are cracking me up. I read them with Yoda's voice lol.
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby noobiew on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


Hahaha, Brown didn't you see on the last two games all the pick and roll from Dallas and Portland runs on us? giving you the best PnR guard and the best PnR big men in the league why won't you run some to exploit and utilize it?

Nowadays many teams in the league are running pick and roll, except only the Lakers LOL
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5593
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby MadMax on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Kit wrote:Your 3 liners are cracking me up. I read them with Yoda's voice lol.

"Respected Brown is not.
Biggest problem we have it is.
Bench tuning him out they are."

Image
User avatar
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13896
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

hahahahahahaha LMAO!!
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Lol
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby solenstyle on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


Image
Image
User avatar
solenstyle

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:20 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"


Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122


If I remember correctly they played a lot in May, they just never got past the WCF, losing to the eventual champ each time. In fact, one of those years, the eventual champ swept Brown's team in the Finals.

Brown is not making things better by running his mouth. He has amazing audacity though. It's quite remarkable.

In any case, if Nash can run PnR whenever he wants, then he should.
Last edited by kray28 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21242
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm

bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122

TIL no NBA championship team ever ran the pick and roll.
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby GoldenChocobo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
bystander wrote:https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status ... 6464555008

Per @ramonashelburne, Mike Brown, who has never won a title, is saying Steve Nash shouldn't run pick and rolls because it never won a title.


https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 8213381122

TIL no NBA championship team ever ran the pick and roll.


:man4:

:man10:

:bang:

:man6:
User avatar
GoldenChocobo

 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 pm

He's not wrong. Just because he hasn't won a Championship doesn't mean he's wrong.

Pick and Roll in the playoffs is easily defended because those teams deep in the playoffs are great defensive teams. No, the Princeton has never won either, but that's why you mix it in with both of them. Off ball movement is key and that'll come into play late in the season and in the playoffs.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby Armani on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I can't wait for Nash to integrate himself in this... he's an offensive genius.
Image
User avatar
Armani

 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Still in pain, but hopeful for Fri)

Postby vtandon on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

It's easy to pick off the quotes. This is just the media trying to start something. Our offense is a non-issue until the starters begin changing their tune...they're all dialed into learning how it works.
User avatar
vtandon

 
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:50 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.