Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Hopes to Practice Next Week pg98)

Postby 432J on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm

1 more week guys

:man11:
432J

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 pm

He said practice thus upcoming week. If he's healthy, he may play late net week, or early week after. Lets try not to be negative people. Fingers crossed!!!
King of Clutch

Postby karacha on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:15 pm

He better come back soon. Right now, we only have Duhon, who looks pretty good, but we have no depth at all. Any news about Morris?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 pm

It's gonna be raining 3s when Nash comes back :jam2:

but its important to note they may or may not be going in
LOSLAKERS

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:20 pm

karacha wrote:He better come back soon. Right now, we only have Duhon, who looks pretty good, but we have no depth at all. Any news about Morris?

Slightly sprained ankle but he's fine, he even returned to the game after the injury.
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Steve Nash is not expected to join Gasol in Monday's practice, but Nash does hope to practice this week.
Expand

:jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 pm

He's not playing Tuesday and I doubt he plays this coming Saturday @ Golden State. Thus I really believe it will be Christmas Day that he makes his return which is 9 days from now
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 am

From Aldridge's "Morning Tip":
"Right now, I feel the pressure I put on myself to get better, to get healthy," Nash said. "I'm pretty single-minded on just getting back to a place where I can play the game and not re-injure myself. So that's taken up all of my focus. Once I get back to playing shape, I don't mind the pressure. The team's in a dark place right now, and if I can take a little pressure off guys, on the court or off, I don't mind that in lieu of my six-week vacation."
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

Punk and I have been advocating that the return of Nash might mean more to the team mentally than it does physically or through production. Even if the physical return helps in a vast number of ways (it will), the psychological difference of having a mediator between Kobe and the rest of the team that wants to share the ball is going to be incredible.

Having a legitimate starting PG would do wonders for this team. Having a legitimate Hall of Fame PG will be something that no one really understands. Even if he only averages 5/5 (he won't), he'll be helping the team by moving the ball in the first unit more often, finding Dwight more on lobs and cuts, getting the ball out of Kobe's hand and finding him in spots to make him more efficient, his attitude will help make the game more fun again, he'll be able to space the floor better if by nothing else than reputation... etc etc etc.

He's going to help make this fun for Laker fans again. Guaranteed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 am

^

Absolutely, I agree 100%. This is why I feel we'll have a nice winning streak soon.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby jlkr on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am

Hopefully y'all will have noted Jason Kidd's effect on every team he's played for. An effect that on first glance seems outsized given Kidd's mostly modest stat lines. Kidd came to the Nets in exchange for Marbury and promptly led them to two consecutive Finals appearances and in the process forever destroyed Marbury's reputation. Then Kidd led Dallas to their one title. Now he's doing his magic on the Knicks. I don't think it's a coincidence the Knicks are a lot better this season even though Kidd doesn't start much anymore. There is something about the way Kidd imposes his leadership and will on the team through the way he plays on the court.

Nash is like that too. Nash essentially led a team of nobodies to the WCF against the Lakers a few years back. Without Nash, the Lakers are a team of spectacular individual parts without a glue holding them together. Using Kobe as a PG is essentially duct tape over the Lakers' offensive issues in Nash's absence. And both Nash and Kobe know this.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:54 am

If the team plays D and hustles the way they did last night when Nash comes back, we're very tough to beat. I hope this is a sign of things to come.
Center Court

Postby Juronimo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am

jlkr wrote:Hopefully y'all will have noted Jason Kidd's effect on every team he's played for. An effect that on first glance seems outsized given Kidd's mostly modest stat lines. Kidd came to the Nets in exchange for Marbury and promptly led them to two consecutive Finals appearances and in the process forever destroyed Marbury's reputation. Then Kidd led Dallas to their one title. Now he's doing his magic on the Knicks. I don't think it's a coincidence the Knicks are a lot better this season even though Kidd doesn't start much anymore. There is something about the way Kidd imposes his leadership and will on the team through the way he plays on the court.

Nash is like that too. Nash essentially led a team of nobodies to the WCF against the Lakers a few years back. Without Nash, the Lakers are a team of spectacular individual parts without a glue holding them together. Using Kobe as a PG is essentially duct tape over the Lakers' offensive issues in Nash's absence. And both Nash and Kobe know this.

Good points, I hope you're right. Fisher played that role for us during our 3 finals run and 2 championships. The culture of the team changed immediately when Fisher was signed in 2007. I don't believe that to be a coincidence. We all remember what happened, Kobe demanded a trade, the whole team was in turmoil, but we ended up in the finals when pundits said we wouldn't even make the playoffs that year.

Hopefully Nash can have the same effect for this team. Like Fisher, Nash has Kobe's respect and will hopefully keep him in line. Also Nash's playmaking ability will make the game fun for everyone else.

In short he can't return soon enough.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm

We have a very tough January coming up. The Thunder( twice), San Antonio, Clippers & Heat are just a few of the teams we'll be going up against Even with a healthy Nash, this is going to be a very challenging 4-5 weeks ahead of us...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:My biggest problem with this whole thing is that if Nash is truly as important to the team as we think he is (in other words he'll turn our team around completely) then we're doing something wrong. You never want one player to be sole dictator of success for your team. It's not as though we're the 08-09 Cavs or something where LeBron literally did everything for that team and if he wasn't playing they couldn't win. We have good enough players to win without Nash. I think MDA can work out fine, but he needs to start doing something different and not just wait for Nash to come back because that's a recipe for disaster.

He probably wouldn't be so important to our success if we didn't go out & hire his old coach who needs a PG for his system to work. They were great together before & I think they will be again.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Both @paugasol & @SteveNash practiced today, though neither scrimmaged. Gasol a game-time decision for Bobcats, Nash will not play.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Oh man... I can almost taste the health.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Pau needs to return tomorrow. Build up his confidence

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Punk and I have been advocating that the return of Nash might mean more to the team mentally than it does physically or through production. Even if the physical return helps in a vast number of ways (it will), the psychological difference of having a mediator between Kobe and the rest of the team that wants to share the ball is going to be incredible.

Having a legitimate starting PG would do wonders for this team. Having a legitimate Hall of Fame PG will be something that no one really understands. Even if he only averages 5/5 (he won't), he'll be helping the team by moving the ball in the first unit more often, finding Dwight more on lobs and cuts, getting the ball out of Kobe's hand and finding him in spots to make him more efficient, his attitude will help make the game more fun again, he'll be able to space the floor better if by nothing else than reputation... etc etc etc.

He's going to help make this fun for Laker fans again. Guaranteed.

This
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Nash and Gasol went through the whole practice, but there was not a 5-on-5 scrimmage. Just drills/shell stuff.

It was expected that Gasol would go through practice, where as we weren't sure about Nash. He'll likely speak to reporters in a bit.

Steve Nash: "Hopefully I can play by Christmas." Said he's finally starting to get excited about progress. But certainly still sore.

Nash being hopeful about playing on X-Mas does not guarantee that he will. Has to see how still-sore leg responds to increased work.

Nash ran up and down the floor today with teammates for the first time. Leg is sore, but he was able to get through it. Making progress.

The next step for Nash is a contact practice/scrimmage. His goal is to continue to practice/get treatment all week & hopes it responds well.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Back to Practice Mon. pg100)

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm

:jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

i guess i've never broken a load-bearing bone, but it worries me that it's still sore and he's playing on it. i know that when my broken arm was healed, it was healed. it was weak, but pain free. are legs different?
abeer3

Postby socallakerlove on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I think watching Nash play is going to be a lot like Bynum...I'm going to cringe every time someone breathes on him.
socallakerlove

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 pm

abeer3 wrote:i guess i've never broken a load-bearing bone, but it worries me that it's still sore and he's playing on it. i know that when my broken arm was healed, it was healed. it was weak, but pain free. are legs different?

It's the nerve that's bothering him not the bone itself.
XXIV

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

No "I" word :jam2:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion