Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Playing tonight! 12/22 p105)

Postby 432J on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 am

i'd much rather have phil as HC coaching just the home games instead of dan tony coaching all the games

just saying
432J

Postby hdtvset on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Any update on Nash? How does his leg feel after the game?
hdtvset

Postby scissors on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Nash looked good out there. I can't wait to see him against the Knicks.

Only thing that bothered me was at the end of regulation. I know Kobe wants the ball right away so he can take the last shot but I thought Nash should of held on to it a bit longer and look for a better option.
scissors

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 pm

hdtvset wrote:Any update on Nash? How does his leg feel after the game?

I just heard on ESPN 710 about an hour ago Beto Duran report from todays light practice and talking to Steve that he said he was sore some from all the minutes and first game action back, but that the nerve sensitivity thing had not flared up on him. That sounded like really good news. Shows what kind of an athlete Nash is to be able to play that freaking many minutes his first game back after virtually no running for 7 weeks and one full contact practice scrimmage. :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby dj vitus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm

LooN3y wrote:
Murdock wrote:
hdtvset wrote:When was the last time you seen Kobe was this open in such of tight game or any game? Check out the 2:27 in the overtime. It happened again later in the overtime but Kobe missed the shot. Nash and Howard got so much attention that the Warriors forgot about Kobe. :jam2:

problem is kobe sometimes stops and jabs and waits for the defender instead of shooting ... like last night ... he needs to learn not to waste open shots otherwise nash's job goes to wate

he did ALOT last year. like you want to shoot it with a hand in your face?

Well, some ultra-competitive players relish the thought of making a shot in someone's face rather than making one wide open.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I want Steve Nash shooting a little more. We could have sealed the game at the beginning of the overtime if we had fed Nash, who was WIDE OPEN, on consecutive possessions after we took the 4 point lead. So far, it looks like Nash is INFINTELY more valuable to the team under Antoni than he was under Mike Brown. So far, SO GREAT!

I was calling for Nash to get the ball on offense over the last 5 minutes of regulation and the ENTIRE overtime period. I can't wait till he gets in better shape. He is going to be a SERIOUS threat at the PG position. He could score 20+ ppg on this roster, if he wanted to. I think he should force his open shots, ala Metta, until the defense collapses to his side. Then, Dwight and Pau, and Kobe too, will get even more open shots. I am just happy that Steve Nash actually looked like....STEVE NASH. I am SO looking forward to the Knicks game tomorrow...
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby lotus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Nash is 38 going on 39. I just can't get too excited about him given his age and injury. I'm just hoping he doesn't burn out and get injured again.
lotus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm

lotus wrote:Nash is 38 going on 39. I just can't get too excited about him given his age and injury. I'm just hoping he doesn't burn out and get injured again.

It is like people don't even know who Nash is
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 pm

lotus wrote:Nash is 38 going on 39. I just can't get too excited about him given his age and injury. I'm just hoping he doesn't burn out and get injured again.

Definitely a concern. He seemed fine, though. I will say this...right now, since we are improving in the midst of a 4 game winning streak, I am choosing to accentuate the positive. I want to see if we can keep the positive vibes going for the rest of the season. :mhihi:
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:44 pm

borri wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
borri wrote:While Nash is ideal for Antoni's offense, he would have also been ideal for the TRI under PJ. Under PJ I am 100% sure PJ would demand that Nash shoot more.

Nothing is gonna change my mind that not hiring PJ was the wrong thing to do. We have the IDEAL personnel for the TRI. D12 would flourish under the "Shaq TRI". Nash would flourish as a shooter. Hill would get ALOT more PT. etc.

With Phil, we would have depended on Pau much more than Nash. If we're going to depend on either of them to play at a level that wins us games, I think we made the right hire.

How so? The focus will be on Kobe and D12. Stop thinking about the Lakers pre- good Bynum. That was the last time Pau was any good. PJ gradually went away from Pau and allowed the offense to focus more on Bynum.

With D12 here, no way in hell PJ would put the focus on Pau when we still have Kobe AND D12. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if PJ started Hill and made Pau the 6th man.
I'm not saying he'd be the #1 option.. I'm saying we'd be counting on him to make the 3rd biggest impact behind Kobe & Dwight. Phil loves posting up & wants PG's spotting up for 3's.. Nash would only get to play his game on the plays where we freelance. Or at least what's left of them after the Kobe iso's.
lakersin4

Postby Murdock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:24 am

LooN3y wrote:
Murdock wrote:problem is kobe sometimes stops and jabs and waits for the defender instead of shooting ... like last night ... he needs to learn not to waste open shots otherwise nash's job goes to wate

he did ALOT last year. like you want to shoot it with a hand in your face?

lol what? Kobe was free last night but waited for a defender to come and then played one on two? guess kobe really wants to shoot it with a hand in your face ...
Murdock

Postby Murdock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:26 am

scissors wrote:Nash looked good out there. I can't wait to see him against the Knicks.

Only thing that bothered me was at the end of regulation. I know Kobe wants the ball right away so he can take the last shot but I thought Nash should of held on to it a bit longer and look for a better option.

yeah and then they would arrest Kobe for a murder and we would be down two players ... Kobe's ego wouldn't handle it .. I mean Nash is much better shotter and playmaker ... he should have made the last play or prepare something for Kobe but that woudln't fly with Kobe
Murdock

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:22 am

Lets get this W Nash!
JLaker17

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:27 am

C'mon Murdock. It's like you haven't watched much Lakers ball. Sasha, MWP, Drew, Blake have all been given final shots from Kobe. None of them are close to Nash in clutch.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:33 am

big game today.
Ariza3

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Still really early in his comeback obviously but we'll need to be super efficient to handle these Knicks...knowing that they are likely scoring 100+ against us with ease.

Hopefully he can control our tempo and keep us or get us into a decent rhythm from start to finish. But it is asking a lot of him at this point.
bumrusherer

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Say something bad about Nash's defense, I dare you.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gill on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:53 pm

It's sooooooo relieving to have another player out there that can hit a clutch shot late in the game :jam2:
gill

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:54 pm

What a difference with him on the floor.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Nash is the difference...absolutely controlled the game at the end. And his defense has not been bad at all.
JLaker17

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Nash is absolutely amazing.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Nash is the difference between us inexplicably sucking and being a legit team. He's clutch, he keeps the team under control, and his defense really isn't as bad as people say. At the end of games it's really like having a 2nd Kobe out there as far as if he gets fouled you know he's going to make them, if he takes a shot you feel comfortable with it, if he has the ball in his hands you feel he'll make the right decision (even better than Kobe in that regard).
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Merry me nash!
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby bumrusherer on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:03 pm

If this is a rusty Nash, then I cant wait to see a clean Nash because this current version is remarkable.

Some of the shots and passes he makes are a joke..he makes it look easy.
bumrusherer

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:04 pm

His offense and control of the offense speaks for itself....

His defense was awesome today, he was stickin' his nose in there with Chandler boxing him out on a switch, setting screens on bigger players and not backing down.

Nash is the mad and his chest hair flowing out of his jersey proves it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion