Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 am

I still like Nash. I'm still glad we have him and he's better than any PG we've had for years and years.
Lakerjones

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:13 am

He came here to create not to stop PGs & solve our defense. He is doing what he was brought here to do.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby last stand on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

Center Court wrote:Nash can't create because Kobe is constantly hollering for the ball and Nash defers. Plain and simple. Kobe deserves most of the blame for our down fall this year.

lol no. not in the least.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Center Court on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 am

last stand wrote:
Center Court wrote:Nash can't create because Kobe is constantly hollering for the ball and Nash defers. Plain and simple. Kobe deserves most of the blame for our down fall this year.

So LeBron deserves all the blame when they lost in the finals because he is their best player, but Kobe does not deserve the blame in the least for this colossal failure.

As a leader, it's always on you. Like it or not. But Kobe apologetics will never get that.
Center Court

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 am

^^^ Agreed, Kobe said this is his team at the beginning of the season, as the leader he should take reponsibility & somehow get his team going, that's what leaders do even when you have the weakest of followers...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 am

If Nash retires, does his contract get wiped off the books or do we still get docked for that in the salary cap? This is in regards to his last season on his contract.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:If Nash retires, does his contract get wiped off the books or do we still get docked for that in the salary cap? This is in regards to his last season on his contract.

I think we still get docked.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q61

Seems confusing here, but the one line that ends all discussion reads, "Any money paid to a player is included in team salary, even if the player is no longer playing or has retired."
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby odom1year on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Actually Nash did his part. He's doing positive things to this team.
odom1year

Postby themasterphil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm

please retire, please...... :bang:
themasterphil

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

He was bad tonight.
Lakerjones

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

will the real steve nash please stand up

/2000
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

This team just has no life, no "spirit" as Nash himself put it, Nash has lost it too, I'm not even mad at him, what a nightmare for him. He came here expecting to win, the team is garbage, he's making sacrifices for the team, he has his bad nights, not sure how they even want him to play, or if he even knows either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Center Court wrote:
last stand wrote:

So LeBron deserves all the blame when they lost in the finals because he is their best player, but Kobe does not deserve the blame in the least for this colossal failure.

As a leader, it's always on you. Like it or not. But Kobe apologetics will never get that.

lol I'm surprised nobody has called you out or went all sarcastic on you.

but +1. this is how i've always felt..I would put the blame 35% on Kobe..65% on Lakers coaching staff(MDA, Brown, the useless junk of assistants we have) and FO for this season though.
thisbjgz

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Weezy wrote:This team just has no life, no "spirit" as Nash himself put it, Nash has lost it too, I'm not even mad at him, what a nightmare for him. He came here expecting to win, the team is garbage, he's making sacrifices for the team, he has his bad nights, not sure how they even want him to play, or if he even knows either.

This. He has waved his white flag.
Armani

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

i bet even nash wanted phil. if he didn't, he surely does now.
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Maybe Nash should try taking more jumpers after Gasol screens instead of always looking to drive and pass. Screens looked better today, but not the rolls.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 pm

I wish we had jarret jack instead of ol man Nash
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Nash is bad. Real bad. His negatives outweigh his positives. He regularly turns the ball over, he struggles just to get by his defender and his d is non-existent. His nice passes here and there don't make up for his negatives. The guy is one of the most skilled players ever to lace them up but his time has passed in this day and age of ultra athletic guards. The athleticism of the game overwhlems him on both ends of the court.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

Does anyone else feel as if, he's had really low impact? I mean, he's had his moments, but in general, I don't really feel like he has put his stamp on the game.

Then again, I don't feel like anyone has done that except maybe Jordan Hill.
JGC

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm

JGC wrote:Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

Does anyone else feel as if, he's had really low impact? I mean, he's had his moments, but in general, I don't really feel like he has put his stamp on the game.

What really needs to happen is Kobe playing defense, limiting himself to around 15 shots and Nash running the offense and giving everyone great looks. It's not happening, and I am not sure if it's Nash, D'Antoni or who else to blame.

The way he's being used right now... I don't know. We might as well had Mario Chalmers in his place. He can shoot 3's and play off Kobe too. :man11:
Armani

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 pm

JGC wrote:Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

the only time i've felt nash was on this team was his first game back from injury against GS i think it was?
lakersyunowin

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm

^
Yup
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am

Armani wrote:

What really needs to happen is Kobe playing defense, limiting himself to around 15 shots and Nash running the offense and giving everyone great looks. It's not happening, and I am not sure if it's Nash, D'Antoni or who else to blame.

The way he's being used right now... I don't know. We might as well had Mario Chalmers in his place. He can shoot 3's and play off Kobe too. :man11:

Nash can't even shake his defender at the 3 point line let alone impact the game where he's penetrating and making plays for everyone. The game is just too athletic for him. He's got skills but it's just so tough to overcome the huge disparity in athleticism and many times size and athleticism. His defenders sometimes get turnovers just by being longer or quicker, not necessarily better. He's done as an elite pg. And let's not even start about his d. Utter liability. But not his fault. He's trying but what can you do when you are 38 and having to keep Westbrook in front of you?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Armani wrote:

Nash can't even shake his defender at the 3 point line let alone impact the game where he's penetrating and making plays for everyone. The game is just too athletic for him. He's got skills but it's just so tough to overcome the huge disparity in athleticism and many times size and athleticism. His defenders sometimes get turnovers just by being longer or quicker, not necessarily better. He's done as an elite pg. And let's not even start about his d. Utter liability. But not his fault. He's trying but what can you do when you are 38 and having to keep Westbrook in front of you?

I don't know. He isn't worse than last season to me, and he was running the offense fine in Phoenix. Those guys are just not as good as the guys he has here. His defense was still bad, yes, but we didn't think that would be an issue with legendary defender Dwight on this team. Dwight's D impact is lesser than his Orlando days, Kobe can't defend and score at the same time anymore... and bah, nightmare on D, and mediocre O.

One thing is clear to me - if Nash is continued to use like this, he can go. This wasn't was Mitch had envisioned out of him, I am sure. LA needs his master passing and offensive genius, not whatever the heck he's doing out there right now.
Armani

Postby NewDynasty on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 am

Lakers should see if Toronto still wants him and trade him and his 3 year contract away.
NewDynasty

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion