Steve Nash Discussion: Retiring; Lakers Disabled Exception

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (At least 1 more week away)

Postby borri on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am

Tragic wrote:Christmas is realistic

Brightside is, when he comes back, all we need to worry about is him getting his game legs back. Running MD's system......he can do it in his sleep.
borri

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 am

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 pm

WHEN IS NASH COMING BACK??? :man6:
gill

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Who cares, this team's problems go far beyond Nash

If you can't beat a scrub Magic team on your home floor with this roster then maybe the team just sucks
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm

nash wouldn't bolster our defensive effort. we just lost to one of the worst teams in the league.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Nash would take away the ball from Kobe's hands and get it to others... at least cut down on his 1vs5 show. :bang:
gill

Postby icencream27 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:11 pm

The ball just needs to be out of Kobes hands for most of possessions tso others can get involve . Our offense should spark the defense

ONLY KINGS HAVE RINGS
icencream27

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Was it Kobe's 1 on 1 that sapped energy? Or was it standing around watching Dwight brick FTs before LA could get into an offensive set?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

trodgers wrote:Was it Kobe's 1 on 1 that sapped energy? Or was it standing around watching Dwight brick FTs before LA could get into an offensive set?

Dwight's FT's only hurt the Lakers down the stretch in the 4th. Kobe's 1 on 5 show blew that 9 pt. lead before the half.
gill

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:15 pm

gill wrote:
trodgers wrote:Was it Kobe's 1 on 1 that sapped energy? Or was it standing around watching Dwight brick FTs before LA could get into an offensive set?

Dwight's FT's only hurt the Lakers down the stretch in the 4th. Kobe's 1 on 5 show blew that 9 pt. lead before the half.

We were up when Dwight entered the game in the fourth.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 pm

trodgers wrote:
gill wrote:

We were up when Dwight entered the game in the fourth.

It was a mere 83-84 lead when Howard started going to the line. He even tied it at 88-88. At that point, I put that on D'Antoni for keeping him in.
gill

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

I completely agree with you.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

It's not about Kobe this or D12 that ... we should have been up 20pts against the Magic at this point ... this team is just mediocre ... move on and patiently wait for this team to get younger
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Who cares, this team's problems go far beyond Nash

If you can't beat a scrub Magic team on your home floor with this roster then maybe the team just sucks

I agree that we suck, but WHY do we suck, I mean, what do we suck at?
Off the bat I'd go FTs, TOs, team defense.
Those are individual aspects of the game we suck at, but wouldn't you agree there's also a sucky essence to the team? Like they aren't threatening at all and they don't look like winners? They don't look as engaged as other contenders and they look like they lack chemistry, especially defensively.

Nash can help the offense, make things easier for everyone, maybe help with taking care of the ball. Maybe the involvement of every guy on offense will help get them more engaged on D..
That's my hope.

Either way, after 17 games played I wouldn't call us realistic title contenders right now.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Finwë wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Who cares, this team's problems go far beyond Nash

I agree that we suck, but WHY do we suck, I mean, what do we suck at?
Off the bat I'd go FTs, TOs, team defense.
Those are individual aspects of the game we suck at, but wouldn't you agree there's also a sucky essence to the team? Like they aren't threatening at all and they don't look like winners? They don't look as engaged as other contenders and they look like they lack chemistry, especially defensively.

Nash can help the offense, make things easier for everyone, maybe help with taking care of the ball. Maybe the involvement of every guy on offense will help get them more engaged on D..
That's my hope.

Either way, after 17 games played I wouldn't call us realistic title contenders right now.

The problem with this team is consistency. They look amazing on some nights and then like total garbage the next night, so it's hard to say exactly why they suck. It's not as though there is one specific thing that they need to work on to become a better team. We're 7th in offense and 8th in defense (or the other way around I forgot), both very good rankings and you would expect those kind of rankings for a title contending team. And if you look at their margin of victory for the season it's actually rather impressive which tells you we're good enough to blow teams out, but our record is still 8-9 because we follow up those wins with unacceptable losses.

So basically all we can hope for is that figure it out before it's too late or this team is done. As in they will get booted in the 1st round.
Last edited by JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Where'd you go? I miss you so...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Nash will not fix our defense issues but he will surely help wit the offense. Less ball handling for Kobe which means better effort on D.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Nash will not fix our defense issues but he will surely help wit the offense. Less ball handling for Kobe which means better effort on D.

LOL!! I sooooo hope you're right about this.
King of Clutch

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Lol that's a pipe dream. There is always some excuse for why Kobe's defense sucks.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Lol that's a pipe dream. There is always some excuse for why Kobe's defense sucks.

Explanations aren't always excuses. This is an explanation.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm

I agree that Nash coming back will help Kobe's defense. D'antoni said the ball will be in Nash's hands & that means alot less Kobe ball.. He kills himself when he goes out there & puts the team on his back.. There's a time & place for that still, but not this often. We need a more complete effort out of Kobe. He's capable of doing so much more.
lakersin4

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 pm

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Nash will not fix our defense issues but he will surely help wit the offense.

I've been thinking about a little optimistic notion these past few days about Nash's impact:

Remember that playoff game against Phoenix like 5 years ago (we lost and got bounced) where Kobe took very few shots and caught a lot of heat for it? Some people suggested that he was being selfish, trying to send some sort of message or something. Then some time later Kobe went on Inside The NBA and explained it, especially directed at Barkley who had called him selfish. Kobe said that him taking few shots was the game plan. He said that against a team like Phoenix, scoring a lot of points wasn't gonna do much, the key was to stop them. And he said that in order to stop them, everyone had to really be engaged on the defensive end. So the way to get people engaged was to really share the ball on offense. He said that getting guys really involved on offense would get them in the needed rythm and have a positive impact on D, helping the team get stops.

That's kinda my hope for Nash's return, that his ability to get people involved and subsequently more engaged will also have a positive impact on our team D. Guys get touches, they score, they feel more involved and develop a better rythm and all of the sudden they are really into the game and they play with more effort & energy, not only on offense but also on D.
That's what I hope happens, and it could be pretty big for us.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Of course we won't be seeing prime Kobe D but we will see better effort D Them what he's shown recently. I also expect Kobe's minutes to go down when Nash returns.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby lotus on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm

A 39yr old will save the day. Great. Not only is Dantoni waiting for Nash, but the whole team seems to be waiting for Nash before they start getting serious. Imagine Phil doing that...That's right, you can't!
lotus

Postby Armani on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Nash and Kobe will be the worst defensive backcourt... but I still want this guy back on the floor.
Armani

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion