Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (At least 1 more week away)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Arenas said the Lakers contacted him following Steve Nash's injury, but he made it clear that he wanted to play for CBA teams. "When I played for the Wizards, Eddie Jordan was my coach. He's Lakers' assistant coach right now, we talk to each other a lot. He told me the Lakers were interested in me. I told him I'd like to try in China. Maybe after I play well in CBA, I'll consider (the NBA). " hupu.com
Ariza3

Postby 432J on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Arenas said the Lakers contacted him following Steve Nash's injury, but he made it clear that he wanted to play for CBA teams. "When I played for the Wizards, Eddie Jordan was my coach. He's Lakers' assistant coach right now, we talk to each other a lot. He told me the Lakers were interested in me. I told him I'd like to try in China. Maybe after I play well in CBA, I'll consider (the NBA). " hupu.com

he'd rather play in china?

:man10:
432J

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 pm

good I don't want Arenas
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm

I kinda get it, he's probably making as much if not more in China than he'd get here, and he's probably a star over there where here he's a role player and loses his job when Nash comes back. At least over there he gets to actually play consistently and have fun I assume.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenshi1023 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm

too bad the lakers fo are not a slimmy organization; i could see the lakers getting pretty good pieces flipping nash :)
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Nash isn't coming back for a while btw. I'd say at the least, he's out for another 1-2 weeks.

Ignore anything coming from the Lakers training staff that sounds more optimistic. Nash should probably also get in touch with the doctors Kobe uses...because our medical staff is joke level really.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm

kenshi1023 wrote:too bad the lakers fo are not a slimmy organization; i could see the lakers getting pretty good pieces flipping nash :)

Yeah, Gary Payton would like a word with you.
kray28

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 pm

kray28 wrote:Nash isn't coming back for a while btw. I'd say at the least, he's out for another 1-2 weeks.

Ignore anything coming from the Lakers training staff that sounds more optimistic. Nash should probably also get in touch with the doctors Kobe uses...because our medical staff is joke level really.

yeah, thanks for sharing your insider knowledge with all of us.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby D.B. Cooper on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Weezy wrote:
kray28 wrote:I wonder how much worse our defense gets when Nash comes back though.

Wah wah wah

So true. Freaking sky is gonna fall in Titsburgh when Nash comes back.
D.B. Cooper

Postby 432J on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

kray28 wrote:Nash isn't coming back for a while btw. I'd say at the least, he's out for another 1-2 weeks.

exactly

i said the same thing about the lakers medical staff not too long ago and was scoffed at for it when it's the truth. "1-2 weeks" means a month at least
432J

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

kray28 wrote:I wonder how much worse our defense gets when Nash comes back though.

so let's not have Nash come back I assume is what you're saying?

you seem lock and loaded full on doom and gloom when Lakers aren't winning.
thisbjgz

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

We needed Nash tonight.
easyguy

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 pm

We really could've used him tonight. Morris was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, not confidant in his dribbling ability, and dumping it to Kobe begging him to bail him out. We really needed a second sturdy ball handler, and that late game sequence where Kobe got trapped, passed it to Gasol, and almost turned it over was the exact reason why.
Frank Dux

Postby escobar8 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:32 pm

while watching game i imagined nash shooting some of those open 3s and all i could hear was swish...
escobar8

Postby Congo Cash on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Doesn't matter... The offense will be 1,000x better, and there is zero point of not playing him when they paid him in the 1st place...

It's not like Dwight Howard will become trash defensively just because Nash is back... :man11:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm

I remember when Nash got injured against Portland...i was thinking....he's out at least a month if not longer...my friend was like oh its nothing he'll be fine lakers just reported it and they're saying he's out a week or two....man if anyone knows lakers training staff...they're terrible at predicting when a player will come back. I just hope it's not any more serious than what they're saying....I don't want another Malone situation to happen. Guy stays healthy for majority of his career and minute he steps on the court with the Lakers...boom, he goes down :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I remember when Nash got injured against Portland...i was thinking....he's out at least a month if not longer...my friend was like oh its nothing he'll be fine lakers just reported it and they're saying he's out a week or two....man if anyone knows lakers training staff...they're terrible at predicting when a player will come back. I just hope it's not any more serious than what they're saying....I don't want another Malone situation to happen. Guy stays healthy for majority of his career and minute he steps on the court with the Lakers...boom, he goes down :bang:

Yeah, I dont even want to think about that...... :man6:
easyguy

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Come on now, it's not like we're the Bulls, Blazers or Wolves.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm

HURRY BACK NASH!!!
King of Clutch

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am

You've gotta be kiddding me....

Nash out indefinitely..

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers got their coach back on the sidelines Tuesday against the Brooklyn Nets. But it will be a while before Mike D'Antoni has two of the Lakers' veteran point guards available to run his offense.

The point guard everyone continues to wonder about is Steve Nash, who hasn't played since suffering a fractured fibula in his left leg on Oct. 31. There still is no determined date for the 16-year veteran's return.

More on the Lakers

For more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog

"The other Steve is coming along," D'Antoni said of the two-time league MVP. "I don't think we have a timetable. He feels some nerve endings that are tingling and when they go away, we'll start ramping it up and he'll be fine.

"Whether it's tomorrow or next week or next month, we'll just take our time and he'll eventually be there. As soon as he gets there, I know, give him an hour and a half and he'll have the offense down and running it like a clock. So we can wait on that."

Nash declined to speak to reporters in the locker room before Tuesday's game against the Nets, saying he had to return to the training room to receive treatment. He is scheduled to be reevaluated by Lakers doctors on Friday.

Steve Blake, who missed the Lakers' last three games with a strained abdomen, was out against Brooklyn and will not play during the upcoming three-game road trip either.

"I would like to see him practice before he plays," D'Antoni said. "We had four games in five nights and then we don't practice on Thanksgiving, so I would rule him out for the next four games and then after that, it should be day to day hopefully, and that will get him going."

Second year guard Darius Morris received his fourth straight start at point guard Tuesday with Chris Duhon, who played previously for D'Antoni in New York, serving as the backup.

The Lakers' road trip begins Wednesday in Sacramento and continues Friday in Memphis and Saturday in Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8658681/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-no-timetable-return-steve-blake-least-4-games
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 pm

^^ I am not overly concerned about Nash. It's going to heal when it heals. That's the nature of a fracture. We can all be thankful that it's not something like a ligament which would take a REALLY long time. The bone should heal up within a couple more weeks I would assume. The mistake they made was telling us it would take a week which was absurd as many here pointed out when it happened. The wiser ones here said more like 4-8 weeks.

Didn't Blake have an abdominal strain last year too? This guy has just been such a complete let down. I don't even remember the last guy who was this big of a bust for us. Hopefully he'll do something to redeem himself this year, but I'm really tired of him and actually prefer Duhon and Morris. And I supported him for a long time.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Lakerjones wrote:^^ I am not overly concerned about Nash. It's going to heal when it heals. That's the nature of a fracture. We can all be thankful that it's not something like a ligament which would take a REALLY long time. The bone should heal up within a couple more weeks I would assume. The mistake they made was telling us it would take a week which was absurd as many here pointed out when it happened. The wiser ones here said more like 4-8 weeks.

Didn't Blake have an abdominal strain last year too? This guy has just been such a complete let down. I don't even remember the last guy who was this big of a bust for us. Hopefully he'll do something to redeem himself this year, but I'm really tired of him and actually prefer Duhon and Morris. And I supported him for a long time.

Well my fear is a MIS-DIAGNOSIS by your piss poor training staff....that's what I'm fearing....and whenever i see the word "indefinitely", it is NEVER good. I just hope you're right....can't believe this team still has yet to see NASH on the floor. Any wins without nash against good teams are like bonus wins...
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion