Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (At least 1 more week away)

Postby thisbjgz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 pm

themasterphil wrote:this is maybe a crazy thing to say but in this moment I would rather have Sessions here then Nash.....Nash is one old grandpa and he will be injured all season long....sessions is younger, he can make 7-8 assists, he is terrible on defense same like nash, and he can score 10-12 points same like nash and he is cheaper....and he play some great games for Cats this year

yea, it's a crazy thing to say bro.

smh.
thisbjgz

Postby trodgers on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 pm

gill wrote:I wonder if we put Nash in a Garbage sig, would his leg heal faster?

Just put the shin in. Couldn't hurt.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Helljumper on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 pm

abeer3 wrote:the major difference between this year's team and last year's was supposed to be steve nash. he's played one game. i think it's a big deal to have him in the lineup, and i'm bummed about the karl malone-ing of this situation as the weeks go by.

Yeah, people here are really underrating Nash if they're questioning if he can actually help us. He was a Top 5 PG last year, and I doubt one injury and him being a few months older is going to suddenly take away his ability to play at that level.

Morris vs. Sessions
Bryant vs. Bryant
World Peace vs. World Peace
Gasol vs. Gasol
Howard vs. Bynum

Nash is what takes this line-up to the next level. Without him, we SHOULDN'T be that great of a team. Without him, we're pretty much the same team as last year, with an even worse PG rotation and an even less motivated Pau Gasol.
Helljumper

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I want to see Nash take over the offense.. I still want Kobe scoring 24-25 PPG on 50%+ but let Nash make it happen. With Pringles at the helm in a system Nash ran to perfection, I think it's a safer bet for him to step up & be the 3rd star than Pau. Not sure we have the personnel for it right now for the system, but you have to give Nash a shot with Pringles. They have amazing history together.
lakersin4

Postby The Original 81 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Helljumper wrote:
abeer3 wrote:the major difference between this year's team and last year's was supposed to be steve nash. he's played one game. i think it's a big deal to have him in the lineup, and i'm bummed about the karl malone-ing of this situation as the weeks go by.

Yeah, people here are really underrating Nash if they're questioning if he can actually help us. He was a Top 5 PG last year, and I doubt one injury and him being a few months older is going to suddenly take away his ability to play at that level.

Morris vs. Sessions
Bryant vs. Bryant
World Peace vs. World Peace
Gasol vs. Gasol
Howard vs. Bynum

Nash is what takes this line-up to the next level. Without him, we SHOULDN'T be that great of a team. Without him, we're pretty much the same team as last year, with an even worse PG rotation and an even less motivated Pau Gasol.

Yep, Nash was our most important acquisition, even more so now that we have MDA. I'm not surprised at all with our struggles so far...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Didn't Ebanks fracture his leg last season or the one before that? How long was he out? I think he did, I might be wrong.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Wish we still had sessions. the dude is killing it for the bobcats doing the exact same thing he could be doing for us. even if he shoots bad the guy can get to the line at will. we'd be unstoppable with him backing up Nash
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm

He's getting re-evaluated tomorrow right?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Tuesday possible :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 am

Back by xmas i think...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:06 am

Finwë wrote:He's getting re-evaluated tomorrow right?

I thought it was Monday.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:08 am

blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Back by xmas i think...

this sounds pretty accurate to me

i wouldn't expect him back anytime before the second or third week of december. and that's at the minimum
432J

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:16 pm

It's weird because Dantoni said Nash "could" be back by Tuesday, but Nash is making it seem like he's nowhere close to being back....I hope that Nash pulls a "kevin love" on all of us and comes back on tuesday and plays out of his mind. Ugh, just get through this month at 9-7 or 8-8 and I'll be content given the start that we've had and the amount of injuries. Not having our starting PG AND our back up PG should affect us...and it has.
FabFourLakers

Postby Center Court on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:It's weird because Dantoni said Nash "could" be back by Tuesday, but Nash is making it seem like he's nowhere close to being back....I hope that Nash pulls a "kevin love" on all of us and comes back on tuesday and plays out of his mind. Ugh, just get through this month at 9-7 or 8-8 and I'll be content given the start that we've had and the amount of injuries. Not having our starting PG AND our back up PG should affect us...and it has.

despite all the negatives to this season thus far: Brown firing, injury to Nash, Phil Jax saga, Dwight/Pau not working all that well together, couple dud games by Dwight, no consistent bench play... I do think that in some way Nash being out right now is going to help in the long runs.

Now that MDA is here, Meeks and Jamison are both looking like we can expect 25-30ppg from them. Metta is playing GREAT. Morris and Duhon have built some trade value, and Kobe/Dwight have begun to fiigure out their 2 man game.

Once Nash comes back, it's instant chemistry. It may take a few games for Kobe to fall into his role as off the ball, but when it does, it'll be magical.

Nash will have Kobe and Dwight both scoring over 25 a game (easily) Pau will probably be more of a Lamar Odom type role where he can just play an all around game but do so effectively, and then Meeks and Jamison can carry the bench.

As Dwight goes, this team will go. If he can get us big numbers but do it off of steve's playmaking with ease, then it'll free up Kobe. Once Kobe is freed up, it'll e damn near impossible to stop.

As you guys have said, Nash is the difference between this team and last year. Dwight is no doubt an upgrade over Bynum, but Nash is what is going to turn Dwight into a monster. Which'll leave Kobe to be a quiet killer.
Center Court

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 pm

trodgers wrote:

I thought it was Monday.

I thought it was Monday too, for some reason I thought yesterday was Sunday.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 am

Finwë wrote:
trodgers wrote:

I thought it was Monday.

I thought it was Monday too, for some reason I thought yesterday was Sunday.

I did too, Thanksgiving Holiday throwing me off
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:57 am

themasterphil wrote:this is maybe a crazy thing to say but in this moment I would rather have Sessions here then Nash.....Nash is one old grandpa and he will be injured all season long....sessions is younger, he can make 7-8 assists, he is terrible on defense same like nash, and he can score 10-12 points same like nash and he is cheaper....and he play some great games for Cats this year

wtf ? no way . are you serious ? :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby OX1947 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 am

kobebryant248 wrote:

Thats like saying I would rather have Helen Hunt in a tub of whipped cream jnstead of Jessica Alba.
OX1947

Postby Zibi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am

Any update on Nash?
fruwać jest generalnie nieroztropnie wiec nie pijcie przy otwartym oknie:)
Zibi

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am

Not yet, it's still to early west coast time. Hope it good news! Wishful thinking hell be back next week but realistically I'm thinking x-mas
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 am

Not yet. I am still hoping he can come back soon. I can't wait to see him play in the new system. It's going to be beautiful.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby davriver290 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 am

Has he been at the games? I haven't seen him for awhile now. He better be growing out that hair :p
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby nameant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 am

OX1947 wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:

Thats like saying I would rather have Helen Hunt in a tub of whipped cream jnstead of Jessica Alba.

Hmm...I'd rather have Helen Hunt.
nameant

Postby dj vitus on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 am

davriver290 wrote:Has he been at the games? I haven't seen him for awhile now. He better be growing out that hair :p

Yeah, he's been at the games. They haven't given him very much screen time, which is good cause TNT and BSPN go waaaaaaay overboard with distracting viewers from the game.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion