Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Always 1 more week away)

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2012/12/10/los-angeles-lakers-facing-issues-keeping-them-from-winning/1759213/

"I think it will be at least another two weeks," Nash said. "I can move. I can shoot. I just can't run full speed. And I'm not even in shape. I'll probably need at least a week of practice once I start running."

OK, then can he save the Lakers?

"I hope I can make a difference," Nash says. "I think the team is close to doing well on their own. It's hard. It's like a second training camp. The guys haven't had a lot of time to practice under Mike.

"We really haven't had a chance to play together in a new system, and we're trying to fight through that."

Nash says when he watches the team, what he thinks is missing most is "just time together. It's been a really difficult truncated season."

With the losses mounting – four in the past five games, including the two most recent home games (against Orlando and Utah) – will there be enough time to turn things around when Nash returns?

"I don't know, we'll see," Nash says. "I think anything is possible with this team. If we stick together and work hard, I think the sky's the limit. But we've got a tall task ahead of us."

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am

Well in all likelihood we won't see Nash until 2013. Well that's if the world doesn't end.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 am

I want him back badly; sadly, it's going to be another 2 weeks. At least he can do everything except run full speed. It will also take him time to get into game shape. It's going to come down to this team to come together without him to string some wins together so we won't have such a big hole to climb out of when Steve comes back.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Center Court on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am

2 weeks is cristmas which many of us have been guessing would be the day for a long time now.

Let's hope is impact is HUGE and worth the wait
Center Court

Postby kenzo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am

I knew it :bang:
kenzo

Postby OX1947 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

What in the hell happen this year? Worthy is right, this team got hexed beyond recognition.
OX1947

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 am

I dunno I feel like that USA article is old lol maybe. they could have interviewed him days ago :man12:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 am

Patience, I guess. Maybe our guys get it together without him and his comeback then fuels them even more and we become unstoppable. One can only hope
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 am

hell be back on christmas
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 am

He'll likely be back on January 1st against the Sixers .... so 9 more games missed for a total of 28
wcsoldier81

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (now at least 2 weeks away *rolleyes*)

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 am

I knew it when he first went down in portland that it was bad and would be a bad sign of things to come. I just don't get, with Blake out too, why the FO is rolling with morris (a d-league guy at best) and duhon when guys like Farmar and west are available. It can't be about money. Since they paid mike Brown millions to go away.

They need to sign West now and take a chance. Morris is total garbage.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 am

I still say Christmas. Nothing has changed.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 am

This is just sad....Nash is too old to recover and if he come back until PO start it would be good....i really dont know how someone can expect that Nash will resolve lakers problem....OK he is good in this offense, but our offense is good right now,we need defense and when he come back our defense will be the same trash as now...he is teriblle in defense, for sure our worst defensive player....If they dont start to play some great defense Nash cant help them....so my point is, they need to start playing defense and win games with defense, and when Nash come back his defense would not be a problem....until that happen its not important when Nash is come back, we will lose games anyway
themasterphil

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 am

:bang: :mad1:

steve "two more weeks" nash
432J

Postby ojdidit123 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:37 am

OX1947 wrote:What in the hell happen this year? Worthy is right, this team got hexed beyond recognition.

No we just suck combined with the worst coaching choice in the history of this franchise our fate has been sealed this season is over wake to reality boys and girls this one is over anyone who still think this team is still going to get the job done this year I want a solid amount of whatever you are smoking. For us to get this done we are going to have to make history it's never been done before I'm going to be on the side of history with this 1 we're done and the fallout is going to be much more than a lost season when Howard walks and Kobe and Nash retire after this year the only plus could be firing Mike. The rebuild will be on waiting for LeBron in 2014
ojdidit123

Postby lotus on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 am

Janine Garcia wrote:I dunno I feel like that USA article is old lol maybe. they could have interviewed him days ago :man12:

It just feels that way.

What's really a downer about these setbacks is that it prolongs the wait to see if Nash can revive Gasol's career. I think we need to know asap because if he can't then we need to trade Pau and mesh in the new pieces to salvage any hopes for a playoff run.
lotus

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 am

Indefinetly would've been a better word for his absence/return.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 am

lakerswiz wrote:
XXIV wrote:I'm no longer going to say he'll be back any sooner than Christmas day. Great if he does, but I have my doubts.

Nash has been so disconnected from this team since his injury it's hard to remember he's actually on our team.

I'm pretty much accepting he'll be back when he's back. Putting a time table on it only leads to more frustration.

Yea now it doesn't even appear he'll be back by Christmas day. Him coming back healthy is the biggest key to his return, and if the team can pick things up and start winning more games it'll help ease off the worry of Nash's injury.
XXIV

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 am

Nash sure practice a lot and walk around a lot for someone who is still injured. He should just sit at home on his couch and drink a lot of milk. We dont need him at the games.
easyguy

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

The day Morris gets a DNP-CD and Nash comes back for his first game, Ice Cube will be on repeat in my household.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 am

Man you guys, watching all of this from afar, it's been tough to not say anything.

I know we're all disappointed and what I read when I read that report is that he's CLOSE. He's close to returning and his point is that even when he returns he's going to be out of shape so he'll need a little bit more time before he's really, truly ready to go and guess what? With this roster we should be able to hold the fort down for two more weeks. Nash is going to help and save a lot of things, but he's not going to magically give this team heart.

They've got to find that on their own. We know Kobe wants to win, but can he do less to do more? Can Howard overcome his conditioning any faster? Can he relax and have some fun out there like he was a couple weeks ago? Those two need to figure it out and they will.

We need to stay patient, even if we continue to look for answers and realize that the clock is ticking.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 am

^ You know I think it'll take longer than the two weeks for him to return as nerve issues are really tricky to deal with. I've had issues with my ulnar nerve and it really effects your limb, you experience pain, numbness, and sometimes loss of strength/mobility. When it appears you're 100% and you begin working out again they tend to return and this process sometimes happens more than once before you figure out the right treatment. It's important that him and the staff are 100% certain this won't be an issue that will arise again later on during the season.
XXIV

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:30 am

All I want for Christmas is a healthy Nash and defense.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am

Well it all depends on what kind of damage or pressure or whatnot you're feeling through the nerve. Sometimes nerve pressure is painful, but manageable. Sometimes nerve pressure can put you in the hospital.

I'd really like to see what the training/medical staff thinks of his return. If they're agreeing with him, then I don't think it's crazy to think he can be back in two weeks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 am

therealdeal wrote:Well it all depends on what kind of damage or pressure or whatnot you're feeling through the nerve. Sometimes nerve pressure is painful, but manageable. Sometimes nerve pressure can put you in the hospital.

I'd really like to see what the training/medical staff thinks of his return. If they're agreeing with him, then I don't think it's crazy to think he can be back in two weeks.

From what I've gathered attempting to play or work through any type of nerve issue can affect that body part long term. There are also extreme cases where surgery is needed in order to move the nerve to a location where less stress will be placed upon it, however this is information I've received regarding nerves in your arm such as an ulnar nerve. I'm not sure whether the same applies but regardless it's a very annoying and time consuming injury.
XXIV

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion