Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I don't like Kobe's ball dominance either but he won as much as Magic who am I to argue with success
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby JUST-MING on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Psychobroker wrote:I know Nash and Kobe would work like beautiful music... if Kobe allows it.

I think you meant if Mike Brown allows it. Nash has always played “uptempo”.

He did in Dallas under Don Nelson. He did in Phoenix under Mike D’Antoni.

Call me skeptical, but I wasn’t impressed at all with the way they played together during All-Star Games. Much prefer the way that Bryant played with Kidd during the Olympics.
Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Kobe isn't a natural catch and shoot player ... he does it well when he's on the move and falling away but not when he's facing up ... he catches the ball too low and takes too much time to go up with it = defender has time to recover ...

It would take him some time to adapt and is he willing/able to give up the ball handling duties to play off ball/fight for position .... a 16 years habit is VERY hard to change.... at least Nash easily can catch and shoot
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby TIME on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Psychobroker wrote:^ Yet another baseless (and immature) assumption. On the contrary, Kobe is greatness, but his legacy - and that of the Lakers - would be that much greater if he were to retire just a bit of his ego. He frustrates me to no end, but to say something as childish as "you don't like him" is laughable.


I'm the one that said you don't like Kobe. I'm not sure you why you would want to blatantly bait me by calling my post childish. You might find it laughable, but I'm not laughing.

Just to be clear, I don't care how you feel about Kobe. You are free to hold and express any opinion about his game that you want. However, it is clear by your post history that you don't like him (I'm not talking about Kobe the person, but Kobe the basketball player). Feel free to defend your perspective if you don't agree with that assessment, but I suggest you refrain from calling other poster's comments childish, and especially when there is no valid reason for doing so.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Kobe isn't a natural catch and shoot player ... he does it well when he's on the move and falling away but not when he's facing up ... he catches the ball too low and takes too much time to go up with it = defender has time to recover ...

It would take him some time to adapt and is he willing/able to give up the ball handling duties to play off ball/fight for position .... a 16 years habit is VERY hard to change.... at least Nash easily can catch and shoot


With Kobe's skill level and work ethic I think he could become a great catch and shoot player. The guy can do just about everything I don't see why he could do this.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11553
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Kobe isn't a natural catch and shoot player ... he does it well when he's on the move and falling away but not when he's facing up ... he catches the ball too low and takes too much time to go up with it = defender has time to recover ...

It would take him some time to adapt and is he willing/able to give up the ball handling duties to play off ball/fight for position .... a 16 years habit is VERY hard to change.... at least Nash easily can catch and shoot


With Kobe's skill level and work ethic I think he could become a great catch and shoot player. The guy can do just about everything I don't see why he could do this.


I'm not saying it has to be done every time. Every team runs ISO's at points in the game, just not to the level the Lakers did last year with Kobe. He will still get plays called for him where he gets the ball and can go to work. But Nash controls the ball the rest of the time. It works out for everybody. Nash can still run the offense and get everyone involved and Kobe will still get plays where he can dominate the ball and Nash can spot up and keep the defense honest. Turning Kobe into an off screen jump shot player is foolish, but so is giving him the rock every time down court. Finding a happy medium would take time, but it would make the offense much more dynamic.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19428
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Basketbuddy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Image

:man1:
Basketbuddy

 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Rickmilli on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 pm

If Lakers get Dwight/Nash this site will crash
Rickmilli

 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby TIME on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Rickmilli wrote:If Lakers get Dwight/Nash this site will crash


If we get both the league will crash.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9419
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Wilt will roll in his grave with that photojob Buddy
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Psychobroker on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 pm

KeepBynum wrote:Nah what's laughable is you claiming Kobe won't change his game for anyone when as JM mentions he did for GP in 2004.


Oh i missed that post... Kobe wasn't yet top dog. Did you forget the big fella was still in charge?? And Phil? Add in Malone and GP? Colorado??

I should have clarified my statement about Kobe... ever since taking over the franchise, Kobe has yet to set aside his ego and allow someone else to carry the load when we need it most (in full, because he's done it on a game to game basis and it's GREAT).

In his defense, of course, he's suffered through years of awful talent and having to do just that -- carry 100% of the load. I'm just hoping this is the year he comes back a little wiser.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 am

Anyone else think this would be a disaster for Nash physically if it happens? lmao he'll be playing 40 minutes under our genius coach and sitting on the bench injured after the All Star break :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Basketbuddy on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Wilt will roll in his grave with that photojob Buddy


What a stupid mistake on my part lol. My apologies. :bang:
Basketbuddy

 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Anyone else think this would be a disaster for Nash physically if it happens? lmao he'll be playing 40 minutes under our genius coach and sitting on the bench injured after the All Star break :man10:


Nah, Nash is a guy that can play into his 50's probably... seriously. He'll lose a step, but never played great D anyways. His stroke will never leave, nor will his vision and passing. He doesn't even need to be "fast" in the half court, and plenty of old dudes have quick first steps :man9:. If anything, a PG like Nash who doesn't rely on his athleticism, is the type with most longevity. Think Stockton, who played 18 seasons, averaging 7.7 apg in only 27 mins in his last. His shot took a dip, but Nash is a better shooter. besides, Stock had Hornacek to do that for him.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am

Psychobroker wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:Nah what's laughable is you claiming Kobe won't change his game for anyone when as JM mentions he did for GP in 2004.


Oh i missed that post... Kobe wasn't yet top dog. Did you forget the big fella was still in charge?? And Phil? Add in Malone and GP? Colorado??

I should have clarified my statement about Kobe... ever since taking over the franchise, Kobe has yet to set aside his ego and allow someone else to carry the load when we need it most (in full, because he's done it on a game to game basis and it's GREAT).

In his defense, of course, he's suffered through years of awful talent and having to do just that -- carry 100% of the load. I'm just hoping this is the year he comes back a little wiser.

I don't even know what you are talking about. What do you mean by "allow someone else to carry the load"?
Do you mean he doesn't share the ball? Or that he doesn't allow others taking big shots? Are you talking about close games in the clutch? *cough* game 7 2010 *cough*

There have been particular regular season games (mostly before the Pau trade, you know, when Luke Walton was getting big minutes LOL) where Kobe hurt the team by not sharing the ball enough, or by forcing shots when there were other options, but I haven't yet seen that in the playoffs, at least not since the Pau trade. Within that time he led the team to 3 straight finals, including 2 title runs, in which he led the team and also found ways to involve his guys.
After that, we got kicked out in the 2nd round two straight times. Was it because of Kobe not "letting someone else carry the load?". NO. I seem to remember him taking less than 10 shots in Game 2 of 2011's first round, trying to get the big guys involved. In the series against Dallas, it was the same, he took less shots than usual, trying to get the big guys involved. Nothing.
This year, I think we can all agree that Kobe was one of the very few that deserve some recognition for their effort. Or need I remind you of the pathetic displays of effort by our bigs in certain games in the first round? Remember Kobe playing with gastroenteritis and Bynum and Gasol not even showing up? I do. Was it Kobe's fault that Bynum didn't follow through on his epiphany after game 1, the more D he played the better they were?
Against OKC, the same dissapearing act in certain games. Was he not allowing others to carry the load or where his teammates not showing up? Or was it Kobe's fault that Pau threw the ball away like if it was a hot potato immediately after Kobe kicked it to him for an open look in Game 4?

The only baseless posts here are your own. Not KeepBynum's or TIME's, they mentioned their source: your post history. What's yours? I've seen every game "ever since (Kobe) taking over the franchise", and I disagree with your statements.
Last edited by Finwë on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 am

well I would be happy bout this possible signing if we did have that big idiot from Orl sign/sealed here otherwise Nash will give us the same horrible PG D that we've been accustomed to over the years.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby The Rock on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 am

Suns beat writer

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/220378682508836864

The Lakers & Nash are interested in a sign-and-trade. Sounds like there's no way Sarver would do that for the ‪#Suns‬ rival.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19981
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Ball Dominant

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 am

Why was Kobe Bryant so ball dominant? He played with a one legged Ron Harper, a twilight Brian Shaw, Derek Fisher, Ty Lue, undersized Mike Penberthy, out of position Kareem Rush, Chucky Atkins, air balls Tierre Brown, summer league Smush Parker, rookie Jordan Farmar and Steve Blake.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Ball Dominant

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 am

JUST-MING wrote:Why was Kobe Bryant so ball dominant? He played with a one-legged Ron Harper, a twilight Brian Shaw, Derek Fisher, Tyron Lue, an undersized Mike Penberthy, an out-of-position Kareem Rush, Chucky Atkins, airball Tierre Brown, Smush Parker, a rookie Jordan Farmar and Steve Blake.


Yes, exactly -- which I referred to in my post. I'm saying there's been glaring instances when he will not relinquish control when he most needs to (games 2 & 4 vs OKC, for example). I attribute some of this to Mike Brown as well.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
User avatar
Psychobroker

 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 am

The attempted CP3 trade shows us that the FO is ready to take the ball out of his hands & let an elite PG run the offense.. I don't think there will be any issues there..

If Mitch pulls off Nash & Dwight alone, he deserves his suit hanging in the rafters.. I think he'll also bring in some quality pieces that fit with a Pau trade or smaller deals/fa signings..
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Ball Dominant

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 am

Psychobroker wrote:I'm saying there's been glaring instances when he will not relinquish control when he most needs to (games 2 & 4 vs OKC, for example).

Even if they magically defeated Oklahoma City, there was no way they were getting past San Antonio, let alone taking out Miami. I wish some of you would realize the Semifinals weren’t the Championship series.
Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Ball Dominant

Postby Finwë on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 am

JUST-MING wrote:Why was Kobe Bryant so ball dominant? He played with a one legged Ron Harper, a twilight Brian Shaw, Derek Fisher, Ty Lue, undersized Mike Penberthy, out of position Kareem Rush, Chucky Atkins, air balls Tierre Brown, summer league Smush Parker, rookie Jordan Farmar and Steve Blake.

No, no, no, no. It's his ego don't you know?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Sarver

Postby JUST-MING on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 am

paulcoro wrote:

    The Lakers & Nash are interested in a sign-and-trade. Sounds like there's no way Sarver would do that for the ‪#Suns‬ rival.
3 Jul 12 · reply · retweet · favorite

Sarver has sold a lottery pick for cash. He only cares about money.
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Basketbuddy wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Wilt will roll in his grave with that photojob Buddy


What a stupid mistake on my part lol. My apologies. :bang:

No need to apologize it's great. he'll probably wear 11 if he gets here :man12:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Steve Nash Thread (PG 3, Lakers Enter Nash Sweepstakes)

Postby CarFlagChris on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:58 am

lakersin4 wrote:The attempted CP3 trade shows us that the FO is ready to take the ball out of his hands & let an elite PG run the offense.. I don't think there will be any issues there..

If Mitch pulls off Nash & Dwight alone, he deserves his suit hanging in the rafters.. I think he'll also bring in some quality pieces that fit with a Pau trade or smaller deals/fa signings..


If we get D12, we need to keep Gasol in order to have a 4 who is in inside/outside threat.
But Mitch, definitely deserves GM of the year honors.

Nash is a good fit offensively. Defensively, there are very few who are going to stop Westbrook.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bnr034, Google [Bot], khmrP, pound4pound1, Punk-101 and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.