Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:It was amazing how many WIDE open looks our starters got with Nash. How many times was Kobe, of all people, left wide open last night? Add in D12 and Nash could seriously get any person on the court an open shot.

He needs to be the only one who pounds the rock when he is on the court. Period.

^^ Truth! :bow:

That's what I've been saying - I'd just as well scrap the Princeton offense for the most part when Nash is in. I don't need to see the ball taken out of his hands for a motion offense. I don't need to see D12 making passes. I want us to take advantage of utilizing the best PG we've had since Magic freaking Johnson. Pick and roll them to death. Probe 'em to death. I guess they were still justifying the Princeton by saying Nash would like to not have to work as hard, but with teammates like Howard, Gasol and Kobe on the team it's literally like Nash playing on the All Star team. Can you imagine how much fun he's going to have? He's NEVER had a starting 5 to work with anywhere near this. It's so sweet.

Let the second team run the Princeton stuff and let Nash and the guys take care of themselves.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 am

It's rare when we disagree this much LJ, but I saw a possession last night when Nash gave up the ball to run the Princeton and I smiled.

Yes, I want him to do a lot when he's with the starters. Yes, I want him to pick and roll the hell out of opposing teams. And yes, I loved what I saw last night and I think when Dwight is back that starting five is going to be everything we dreamed of.

BUT- I loved when Nash gave up the ball too. It's good for chemistry and it's good for some of our other guys to get in the groove. I'm going to love seeing him dump the ball sometimes down low to Dwight and letting Dwight do his thing. Or letting Kobe post up in the mid-wing area. That's going to give those two more confidence sometimes than an open shot because it's what they're used to. And considering Nash is one of the greatest shooters ever, I think he's a great spacing option too.

I'd say with the starters I want to see Nash controlling the ball probably 78-90% of the time and the Princeton giving other guys looks the rest of the time.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 am

therealdeal wrote:I'd say with the starters I want to see Nash controlling the ball probably 78-90% of the time and the Princeton giving other guys looks the rest of the time.

^^ I don't think we're in too much disagreement on this one realdeal. :man12:

If you were saying let's stick with the Princeton set most of the time, we'd be disagreeing. We're saying something similar, I'm just being more of a pain in the neck about it. I don't mind running some Princeton in a pinch, but you and I are both saying let Nash do his thing more than just most of the time.

Your percentage is basically 80-90% let Nash run it, mine's 90%-100%. We're not far off. Yours is more fair, and will probably be what we see this year.

In the mean time, I'm in total agreement with you about the bench running the Princeton. No Nash means they need a system, BIG TIME. Can't watch another year of the bench looking like chickens with their heads cut off out there. They need to maintain leads, even build on them. That will only come with a viable system like Eddie Jordan will run.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 am

Nash looks like a bad@ss with his hair cut short.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

This is why, as I've said before, that the Nash acquisition excited me more than getting Howard. Already, in the first preseason game, and only spending 1 week with his teammates, his impact is already being felt. Our starting 5 clicked as if they were in mid-season form on both ends of the floor. It didn't even look like a preseason game. And that was with Robert Sacre on the floor instead of Howard.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 am

Weezy wrote:This guy is so freakin good, he was running the show for a brand new team from the opening tip, he made Robert Sacre look like an NBA player. :man10: Some players are just special, they're born to play the game, and Nash is one.

so true...we were crackin jokes about that last nite...
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

Lakerjones wrote:In the mean time, I'm in total agreement with you about the bench running the Princeton. No Nash means they need a system, BIG TIME. Can't watch another year of the bench looking like chickens with their heads cut off out there. They need to maintain leads, even build on them. That will only come with a viable system like Eddie Jordan will run.

:beer: as always with you and I. :man10:

With this bench unit I COMPLETELY agree. The second second unit (otherwise known as the third) looked awful out there even with the system...

I think what I'm looking forward to is when Jamison decides to score more. I saw him with a few opportunities in that second unit, but they were determined to run the Princeton and get the best shot for anyone on the floor (usually it was Hill's midrange shot). There will be times when Jamison should just take the shot he wants. The one time he did it he had a nice little drive to the basket for one of his patented curl shots.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 am

^^^^ thing is Hill open midrange shots should be Jamisons .... as he should play PF
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
Weezy wrote:This guy is so freakin good, he was running the show for a brand new team from the opening tip, he made Robert Sacre look like an NBA player. :man10: Some players are just special, they're born to play the game, and Nash is one.

so true...we were crackin jokes about that last nite...

Dat BC connection!
GoldHammish

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:^^^^ thing is Hill open midrange shots should be Jamisons .... as he should play PF

I don't disagree. I was happy that Hill was playing so... comfortably. But that's not his responsibility for our team... at least I hope not.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 am

Steve was great last night in limited minutes. This is going to be such a fun season...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Juronimo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Seeing Steve Nash out there running point made me excited, like seeing a model hot woman naked right in front of you. This is going to be a fun season. The way he was setting people up, shaking Jarred Jack to hit that three, that was noice :stunoice:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

TIME wrote:Nash looks like a bad@ss with his hair cut short.

He's Hollywood now. :man1:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby Tragic on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Steve Nash is freaking awesome. Glad to have him. :jam2:
Tragic

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:34 am

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:00 am

I've seen some of your other work and you're really good man. Keep up the good work. :jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:02 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I've seen some of your other work and you're really good man. Keep up the good work. :jam2:

Thank you I really appreciate it! :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gill on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

On offense, Nash should get the ball every freakin' time. No excuses for him not to touch it on every possession. If he can get Robert Sacre looking like a legit NBA big, just imagine what he'll do with Dwight finally on there... and those damn open looks... OMG! Kobe wide open several times? Are you f'n kidding me?

So note to Mike Brown... teach the defense and just get the hell out of Nash's way on offense. :man12:
gill

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 am

TIME wrote:Nash looks like a bad@ss with his hair cut short.

Nashy Badger don't give a...
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Nash is so good. That is all.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

He's too good.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Can't wait to see Nash and D12 together
wcsoldier81

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 pm

i wish kwame were still on the team
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i wish kwame were still on the team

You're going to offend Intuitive Love if you keep saying that. I mean how would Somoygi and Aguilar feel if they heard this.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 pm

This man is simply a great basketball player. He looks GREAT. If he stays healthy he'll carry our offense almost effortlessly.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion