Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

will the real steve nash please stand up

/2000
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

This team just has no life, no "spirit" as Nash himself put it, Nash has lost it too, I'm not even mad at him, what a nightmare for him. He came here expecting to win, the team is garbage, he's making sacrifices for the team, he has his bad nights, not sure how they even want him to play, or if he even knows either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Center Court wrote:
last stand wrote:
Center Court wrote:Nash can't create because Kobe is constantly hollering for the ball and Nash defers. Plain and simple. Kobe deserves most of the blame for our down fall this year.

lol no. not in the least.

So LeBron deserves all the blame when they lost in the finals because he is their best player, but Kobe does not deserve the blame in the least for this colossal failure.

As a leader, it's always on you. Like it or not. But Kobe apologetics will never get that.

lol I'm surprised nobody has called you out or went all sarcastic on you.

but +1. this is how i've always felt..I would put the blame 35% on Kobe..65% on Lakers coaching staff(MDA, Brown, the useless junk of assistants we have) and FO for this season though.
thisbjgz

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Weezy wrote:This team just has no life, no "spirit" as Nash himself put it, Nash has lost it too, I'm not even mad at him, what a nightmare for him. He came here expecting to win, the team is garbage, he's making sacrifices for the team, he has his bad nights, not sure how they even want him to play, or if he even knows either.

This. He has waved his white flag.
Armani

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

i bet even nash wanted phil. if he didn't, he surely does now.
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Maybe Nash should try taking more jumpers after Gasol screens instead of always looking to drive and pass. Screens looked better today, but not the rolls.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 pm

I wish we had jarret jack instead of ol man Nash
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Nash is bad. Real bad. His negatives outweigh his positives. He regularly turns the ball over, he struggles just to get by his defender and his d is non-existent. His nice passes here and there don't make up for his negatives. The guy is one of the most skilled players ever to lace them up but his time has passed in this day and age of ultra athletic guards. The athleticism of the game overwhlems him on both ends of the court.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

Does anyone else feel as if, he's had really low impact? I mean, he's had his moments, but in general, I don't really feel like he has put his stamp on the game.

Then again, I don't feel like anyone has done that except maybe Jordan Hill.
JGC

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm

JGC wrote:Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

Does anyone else feel as if, he's had really low impact? I mean, he's had his moments, but in general, I don't really feel like he has put his stamp on the game.

What really needs to happen is Kobe playing defense, limiting himself to around 15 shots and Nash running the offense and giving everyone great looks. It's not happening, and I am not sure if it's Nash, D'Antoni or who else to blame.

The way he's being used right now... I don't know. We might as well had Mario Chalmers in his place. He can shoot 3's and play off Kobe too. :man11:
Armani

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 pm

JGC wrote:Let's forget this bad game from Nash for a moment. And let's just look at him overall.

the only time i've felt nash was on this team was his first game back from injury against GS i think it was?
lakersyunowin

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm

^
Yup
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am

Armani wrote:

What really needs to happen is Kobe playing defense, limiting himself to around 15 shots and Nash running the offense and giving everyone great looks. It's not happening, and I am not sure if it's Nash, D'Antoni or who else to blame.

The way he's being used right now... I don't know. We might as well had Mario Chalmers in his place. He can shoot 3's and play off Kobe too. :man11:

Nash can't even shake his defender at the 3 point line let alone impact the game where he's penetrating and making plays for everyone. The game is just too athletic for him. He's got skills but it's just so tough to overcome the huge disparity in athleticism and many times size and athleticism. His defenders sometimes get turnovers just by being longer or quicker, not necessarily better. He's done as an elite pg. And let's not even start about his d. Utter liability. But not his fault. He's trying but what can you do when you are 38 and having to keep Westbrook in front of you?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Armani wrote:

Nash can't even shake his defender at the 3 point line let alone impact the game where he's penetrating and making plays for everyone. The game is just too athletic for him. He's got skills but it's just so tough to overcome the huge disparity in athleticism and many times size and athleticism. His defenders sometimes get turnovers just by being longer or quicker, not necessarily better. He's done as an elite pg. And let's not even start about his d. Utter liability. But not his fault. He's trying but what can you do when you are 38 and having to keep Westbrook in front of you?

I don't know. He isn't worse than last season to me, and he was running the offense fine in Phoenix. Those guys are just not as good as the guys he has here. His defense was still bad, yes, but we didn't think that would be an issue with legendary defender Dwight on this team. Dwight's D impact is lesser than his Orlando days, Kobe can't defend and score at the same time anymore... and bah, nightmare on D, and mediocre O.

One thing is clear to me - if Nash is continued to use like this, he can go. This wasn't was Mitch had envisioned out of him, I am sure. LA needs his master passing and offensive genius, not whatever the heck he's doing out there right now.
Armani

Postby NewDynasty on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 am

Lakers should see if Toronto still wants him and trade him and his 3 year contract away.
NewDynasty

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 am

Nash seems to have lost some of his fire, but the whole team has. I'm not sure what would fix it, but when's the last time we saw these guys having fun? And Nash and Howard are fun guys... So is Metta. I haven't seen them having fun in months. It's depressing for us watching, imagine what it's like for them.

As for his impact, what would have him do? He's playing in a system that no one has bought into, trying to set up guys for shots they won't take or make, and he's a 39 year old guy who was never known for his defense to begin with. He's fine. He's not the problem, he's just not been part of the solution either.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am

It was a huge mistake to bring him to this team....if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...for his 9 mil we could have Sessions and some young athlete on SG or SF....OK I know Sessions play bad vs OKC but who can stop Westbrook anyway....In this moment and Nash with 40 on his back, Sessions is better player....he can also score, he is really fast and play better defense(weak defense but better then Nash) and he can put 8,9 assists every night....
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 am

Sessions instead of Nash? :man10:

He brings another set of problems of his own. Geeze

And besides he ran away because of Mike Brown so theres that

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 am

The Rock wrote:Sessions instead of Nash? :man10:

For me Sessions in his age over Nash in his.....yes.......but thats just me..... I was trying to say something else, lets say Sessions and Henderson over Nash....IMO way better solution then 40 years old Nash...
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 am

themasterphil wrote:

For me Sessions in his age over Nash in his.....yes.......but thats just me..... I was trying to say something else, lets say Sessions and Henderson over Nash....IMO way better solution then 40 years old Nash...

Did you forget how scared Sessions looked in the playoffs?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am

themasterphil wrote:if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:

Did you forget how scared Sessions looked in the playoffs?

No i didnt.....but he is still fairly young player and can learn.....Nash is more experienced but what that means right now.....we cant win a single game with him at PG and he is one of the main reasons for that with his TO....and one more thing Sessions was scared of PO, Nash is scared of Kobe.....he is scared to take the ball from his hands and run the offense, for me thats the scariest thing then be scared of first PO in your career
themasterphil

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:if I can choose I would always choose Sessions and one or two young guys over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

Sessions... over Nash...

yes

yes

yes

come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??
themasterphil

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I can't believe his defense is somehow even worse than even Fisher's...
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion