Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby themasterphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 pm

khmrP wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??

I don't know, tell me how Charlotte's season is going. Or how Sessions looked in the playoffs. Or how that kid tucked his tail between his legs when Kobe got in his face and ran as soon as he could.

Yeah. Let's go get that kid.

I asked you a simple Q....i cant see the answer but I can see why, you cant find any good thing Nash give this team until now...me neither.....so for that fact I think its better to have young guy who can develop then old grandpa without any desire or capabilty to play on both ends of the floor.....my last post for this subject..

Session is shooting 30% from 3's and 40% from the field, you really think thats gona help this team when we already lack good shooters to help spread the floor?

of course not....but i was talking about sessions and one great athlete or shooter...lets say Henderson or Brandon Rush......they first come to my mind....and you can bring them for that 10 mil $....
themasterphil

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

^ you cant split up the TPE, genius

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Sessions or Nash? Probably still Nash, but understand how Nash's terrible defense impacts our team beyond just his own performance... Kobe would NOT be guarding the team's opposing PG if Sessions was here, adjusting our defensive assignments back to where they should be. Hiding Nash is also not working..
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 pm

The Rock wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Nash also missed the 1st 2 months of the season. Gonna completely ignore that?

That's not an argument in his favor.

injuries are also not what Mitch/Jim and the rest of the NBA anticipated. Did we expect him missing games here and there? Sure. but 2 months and 20+ games? Nope. Nobody saw this coming. Nobody predicted this.

Most analysis had us as an elite team, but they all had concerns about Nash's health and Dwight's back. At the time I thought it was a pretty good trade, but in hindsight it looks to be a bad one. We most likely gave up a top 10 pick plus 3 others for an old point guard that can't defend with health problems. To top it all off we only hired Dantoni because of him. That's a lot of negatives man.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Nash also missed the 1st 2 months of the season. Gonna completely ignore that?

That's not an argument in his favor.

injuries are also not what Mitch/Jim and the rest of the NBA anticipated. Did we expect him missing games here and there? Sure. but 2 months and 20+ games? Nope. Nobody saw this coming. Nobody predicted this.

Most analysis had us as an elite team, but they all had concerns about Nash's health and Dwight's back. At the time I thought it was a pretty good trade, but in hindsight it looks to be a bad one. We most likely gave up a top 10 pick plus 3 others for an old point guard that can't defend with health problems. To top it all off we only hired Dantoni because of him. That's a lot of negatives man.

Nash has also kept himself very healthy the last few years, hes missed an occasional game here and there. It was a freak injury up in Portland. The picks we gave up to PHX are for 2013 and 2015 1st rounders, this years draft is weak, 2015 we may be a playoff team after all who knows. Sure we may lost out on some rotation players but its not like Phoenix is gonna be a championship contended either.

D'Antoni was brought in to improve the offense, in some ways it has...guys like Clark and HIll have also had career season under him. If its not one thing another thing has popped up those thingsa re beyond Nash and MDA's control (Dwights larbum, Pau's vaginitis and foot injuries)

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm

themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:What in the world are you talking about now?

about six things you named up there......i didnt see any of them so far from Nash so try again.....i will start for you. Old legs......... :man13: :man13:

Why are you salivating over old legs?

And just because you don't see them doesn't make me wrong. You can choose to see whatever the f*** you want. Just like you choose to see nothing in Nash but assume Sessions would have been a better pick.

:man10: Just seriously one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen in my life.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Sessions was absolutely horrible defensively, and didn't outplay Steve Blake in the playoffs. He was a mediocre PG. Comparing him to Nash is just... :man10:

Two entirely different stratospheres here. The next time Kobe has a bad shooting night, I'll call him Jamal Crawford or something. See the reaction then.
Armani

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Nash would make a good backup these days. He has the IQ, the calming influence, can make bench talents look good, can and will take & make clutch shots when necessary. But, he obviously can't strike the right balance with Kobe and Dwight (not to mention Pau), looks lost sometimes, and the opposing PG who is young, fast and athletic makes his life miserable. Which is why Kobe needs to start guarding them -- and that just spirals out of control really fast.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

karacha wrote:Nash would make a good backup these days. He has the IQ, the calming influence, can make bench talents look good, can and will take & make clutch shots when necessary. But, he obviously can't strike the right balance with Kobe and Dwight (not to mention Pau), looks lost sometimes, and the opposing PG who is young, fast and athletic makes his life miserable. Which is why Kobe needs to start guarding them -- and that just spirals out of control really fast.

No, he's still one of the best set up guys in the league if our team is balanced. Kobe is exausted, you have to think Nash HAS to be tired as well. That's why he's turning the ball over more, that's why he's slower.

If we had a backup capable of handling PG responsibilities, someone younger and athletic, we'd be so gravy at that position. Someone like Sessions would be great BACKING HIM UP. Not vice versa.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I actually have another theory: he would be perfect to split minutes evenly with a young, dynamic guy. How about that?

Edit: uh... now I read your post. Well... that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I think his minutes need to be reduced. In Phoenix he was most effective when he was playing around 30 minutes a game, but they had some young stud behind him to really ramp up the game when he left. We've got Duhon, Blake, and Morris :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Give me a garbage sig cause that's what his D, clock management vs the press, and first step are

I'm serious
kblo247

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
themasterphil wrote:come on just tell me one good thing Nash give this team in 40 games this season.....just one thing please??

I don't know, tell me how Charlotte's season is going. Or how Sessions looked in the playoffs. Or how that kid tucked his tail between his legs when Kobe got in his face and ran as soon as he could.

I asked you a simple Q....i cant see the answer but I can see why, you cant find any good thing Nash give this team until now...me neither.....so for that fact I think its better to have young guy who can develop then old grandpa without any desire or capabilty to play on both ends of the floor.....my last post for this subject..

If we make it to the playoffs aren't we better with Nash than with Sessions? Just saying. We're still only 4 games out of the 8th seed so dont get too excited

Nah has choked with talent and is the only MVP to never get out the damn conference to get to the finals in history .... No Fisher has a bigger chance if stepping up in the playoffs on both ends and with high minutes than Nash.

This guy is no Stockton as he aged cause stock could still get by a guy one on one
Last edited by kblo247 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kblo247

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't understand his PnR with Dwight. Dwight is almost always trailing Nash after the PnR and Nash has nowhere to go.
Kit

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Kit wrote:I don't understand his PnR with Dwight. Dwight is almost always trailing Nash after the PnR and Nash has nowhere to go.

Yeah, I keep saying it... Dwight's an offensive non factor. He's better than like, Kwame or Ben Wallace, but that's not saying much. Bosh in place of Dwight would be lighting up the scoreboard.
Armani

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

It is like he suddenly doesn't know how to roll. If he doesn't roll then how do you create a miss match? Has any of the coaching staff told him that?
Kit

Postby XXIV on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Kit wrote:I don't understand his PnR with Dwight. Dwight is almost always trailing Nash after the PnR and Nash has nowhere to go.

Yea it doesn't make any sense, he also doesn't set strong screens which makes the PnR useless. You would think MDA would address this issue as it's really the only weapon in his system outside of the fastbreak.
XXIV

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

XXIV wrote:

Yea it doesn't make any sense, he also doesn't set strong screens which makes the PnR useless. You would think MDA would address this issue as it's really the only weapon in his system outside of the fastbreak.

Howard doesnt want to P&R. He wants entry passes to the post because he really believes thats his best game. :nono2:
phoenixrisingla

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

If we want to keep Nash as a starter, bring in a pg/SG who's young and can play ALONGSIDE him, so he can't be trapped as easily. It would save his legs during the game as well, if they could split duties. Right now, Kobe splits the duties with him, which wears him down more.

I would be happy with a lineup of

Nash
Stud pg (traded for Pau)
Kobe
Hill/Clark
Dwight

Kobe at sf will save his legs, and the new pg stud can take the heavy defensive duties from Kobe.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Kit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
XXIV wrote:

Howard doesnt want to P&R. He wants entry passes to the post because he really believes thats his best game. :nono2:

You suck at it doesn't mean you can just abandon it, Dwight...
Kit

Postby NeeJee on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm

You'd think a huge human being like Dwight could set a decent screen. I know 40 year old dudes at my gym that set better screens than Dwight.
NeeJee

Postby NeeJee on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:If we want to keep Nash as a starter, bring in a pg/SG who's young and can play ALONGSIDE him, so he can't be trapped as easily. It would save his legs during the game as well, if they could split duties. Right now, Kobe splits the duties with him, which wears him down more.

I would be happy with a lineup of

Nash
Stud pg (traded for Pau)
Kobe
Hill/Clark
Dwight

Kobe at sf will save his legs, and the new pg stud can take the heavy defensive duties from Kobe.

Stud pg like who?
NeeJee

Postby kblo247 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm

With Steve Nash thier record is 5-13 and 12 - 12 without him. Low and behold, that is exactly the amount of games under 500 we are

Largely due to the fact Kobe dictated the offense without him which managed possessions, and Morris while stupid and Duhon while not impressive defend better

----

So you know I'm legit

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3103/gamelog

Ws with Nash
- Ny
- GSW
- Portland
- Mil
- Cleveland

Ls with Nash
- Mem
- Chi
- Tor
- Miami
- OKC
- SA
- Houston
- Den
- LAC
- Phi
- Den
- Por
- Dal

Ws w/o Nash
- Cha
- Phili
- Washington
- NOLA
- Denver
- Dallas
- BK
- Houston
- PHX
- Sac
- GSW
- Det

Ls w/o Nash
- LAC
- Utah
- SA
- Sac
- Mem
- Ind
- Orl
- Hous
- OKC
- Cleveland
- Utah
- NY
kblo247

Postby kblo247 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 am

kblo247

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 am

kblo247 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
themasterphil wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

If we make it to the playoffs aren't we better with Nash than with Sessions? Just saying. We're still only 4 games out of the 8th seed so dont get too excited

Nah has choked with talent and is the only MVP to never get out the damn conference to get to the finals in history .... No Fisher has a bigger chance if stepping up in the playoffs on both ends and with high minutes than Nash.

This guy is no Stockton as he aged cause stock could still get by a guy one on one

Not saying he hasn't gotten the job done but why does it matter what he did in the past to what hes doing now? Under Nash or Sessions or Blake or Fisher, Kobe was sitll guarding opposing PG's anyways. Listen even if hes still relegated just as a spot up shooter thats still a big deal because he can knock down an open jumpshot. That was a huge need last year form the PG spot and Nash has filled it. Defensively we haven't gotten better but thats where Kobe/MWP/Dwight were expected to pick up the slack, theyre all defensive team'ers after all but as a group from player 1 to 15 we havent gotten it done

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion