Steve Nash Discussion: Retiring; Lakers Disabled Exception

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 am

^there is little attention because everybody knows they will stink it up in the playoffs.

SA has been on fire for like 5 years now when it comes to regular season.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 am

^^ that's probably part of it, but still, I don't think we can't deny the media tends to overlook guys just as much as they overhype guys.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 am

Finwë wrote:I agree on Parker being underrated. The Spurs have won 11 in a row and Parker has been playing out of his mind, yet there's relatively little mention/attention to that from the media.
I consider him one of the contenders for the MVP award, but I don't see the media voting for him.

Still, Parker's a VERY good PG, and truly is underrated. He's shooting like 60% from the field during this win streak btw.

I've argued TP should be in the MVP consideration especially last year but most just "Lolz, you just a Lebron hater" in response. This guy has been the best player on one of NBA's best team for several years running. He may not be the MVP but the fact he is never in consideration shows how tainted the award is.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:13 am

And a Happy Birthday to Nash. 39 years old. Hope we win for him

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 am

BIRTHDAY WIN FOR NASHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 am

Happy bday!! Be sure to step it up with both bigs out!!!
King of Clutch

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 am

Oh my goodness... This guy is 39???? Trade him please... we don't need any more old guys.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Happy birthday to one of my favorite players to ever play the game. Hopefully he gets a W tonight!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Celebrating birthday in Boston in Purple and Gold jersey. It don't get any better than this.

Go get em Steve.
scissors

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:46 pm

I can't believe he's 39, the last (and really only) PG I can think of that was this effective for this long and at this age was John Stockton.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 am

wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 am

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Suns broadcaster on Nash/Howard. “@TomLeander: Wow! Never saw Steve ONCE yell @ mate during game. Always positive. That's a mess in LA”
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Suns broadcaster on Nash/Howard. “@TomLeander: Wow! Never saw Steve ONCE yell @ mate during game. Always positive. That's a mess in LA”

I couldn't tell who was at fault for that one, Nash got himself stuck while Howard wasn't prepared to receive the pass but still NOT a good sign at all.
khmrP

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:42 am

Everyone's frustrated. Nash is used to players following his instructions on the court. Dwight isn't real good at that. Neither is Kobe.

That's why a great team has only one undisputed leader. An athletic pg who can follow Kobe's lead, and a rebounding center who isn't so narcissistic would be nice.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby revgen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm

@LakersReporter

Steve Nash said he’d like to do more, help more, but “being too authoritative could be disruptive” with all the pieces LAL have.

Translation: D12 doesn't want to do P&R with me since he wants to prove to Shaq that he's a B2B big man. So we have to use Kobe a facilitator in the post instead of using me and D12 in the P&R.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Finwë on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 am

Finwë

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 am

Plaschke's an idiot, that's a fact. No, Nash isn't the pg we're used to seeing, but he's no longer running a team alone, or as the main star, he's not surrounded by shooters, he's 39, and had his own major injury this season. I think he's been nothing but a great teammate and a big reason why we've won any games at all.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 am

Weezy wrote:Plaschke's an idiot, that's a fact. No, Nash isn't the pg we're used to seeing, but he's no longer running a team alone, or as the main star, he's not surrounded by shooters, he's 39, and had his own major injury this season. I think he's been nothing but a great teammate and a big reason why we've won any games at all.

I agree. I think he does look half a step slower (and he was never that fast to begin with), but it could very well be atributted (?) to his injury / not being as comfortable in this offense as he was in PHO (because we don't have many shooters, we have players who are older and don't like to run as much, we have post-up players, and because of the demise of Dwight's pick and roll game -not being able to hold on to the ball, setting terrible screens or not even setting screens and slipping every single one..-)
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 am

ngl i was expecting a million no look passes and alleyoops on every single play when we got nash. definitely didnt expect to him essentially play the role of derek fisher with flashes of nash every once and a while.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:54 am

1) Nash is 39 , got a bad injury to start the year ... which still seems to limit his "speed" which isn't all that to begin with
2) Nash plays at the most stacked position in the league ... characterized by young and fast/athletic players .. everything is not
3) He has little space to do what he does best i.e breaking down the D and dishing because :
- Our bigs can't set a screen to save their life
- ZERO floor spacing

4) He's averaging 12 pts on 53/43/92 and 7.5 assists

SHIP STEPHEN JOHN NASH OUT !
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 am

Even 'average' Steve Nash is way better than Fisher statistically, he's not putting up 7 and 3 or 6 and 2, lets not go crazy, he's still having 8 assist games and lately putting up 10 to 15 points, I'll take that any day.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 am

good ame. did well on d too. hope him and dwight continue to work on the pnr and get it working. love that him and dwight had arms around eachother and high fives and smiles.
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 am

Ariza3 wrote:good ame. did well on d too. hope him and dwight continue to work on the pnr and get it working. love that him and dwight had arms around eachother and high fives and smiles.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 am

Friends can have conflicts and I have a hard time believing two guys that are as extroverted and fun as Nash and Howard WOULDN'T be friends.

As for what he's doing now, it's a combination of problems: he's been hurt, he's slower now than he's ever been, we're on a new team with new personnel, and the systems he's run before have leant him higher statistical averages.

He's still a fantastic shooter, he's still a great passer, and he's still one of the most clutch players in the league.

Comparisons to Derek Fisher as far as production go are absolutely ludicrous. I LOVE Derek Fisher, but he's not even in the same stratosphere in any way as far as basketball production goes. Nash is a better shooter, better ball handler, better finisher around the rim, better passer, and he's equal in any clutch/locker room situations. The only advantage to Fisher is maybe defense, maybe, but even then it's only because he's stronger physically...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 am

3 points from 17,000
10 assists from passing Magic for 4th on All time Assists list

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion