Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am

Another invisible game from Nash. Don't really know what to say...
SpencerHarrison

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 am

One of the most underwhelming performances he's had with us. Oh well.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 am

pretty awful. fits the theme of the year.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 am

just another big name guy, he's had his moments though but mostly against bad teams.
khmrP

Postby themasterphil on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 am

I was never a Nash fan so maybe I am little harsh , but this is just unacceptable......ok he cant play defense and on that end of the floor he is cancer for this team, but his performances in offense are just teriblle and really why we need him if he cant run offense and make that PnR with Dwight. Maybe problem isnt just Dwight, Nash is just slow to make some plays and he make TO like crazy....but what to expect from 40 year old player, he is good maybe for 15 minutes from the bench and his 9mil $ contract is just too expensive.Sad thing to see but expected
themasterphil

Postby escobar8 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

congrats on passing laker great... :bow:
escobar8

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Magical Nashty
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

This was probably his best game as a Laker. Not only did he play well, but he played well against a young stud defender and really looked close to the Steve Nash of the Suns, not Steve Nash of the Lakers.

I hope he can duplicate this 2 out of every 3 games from here on out.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 pm

^it isn't hard when our guys move. He is going to find them. He was much more aggressive early and often too. I love his balance.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Watching him tonight really reminded me of the way he'd picked us apart the last couple years or so. He's really an amazing PG. I haven't seen his kind of vision from a Laker since Magic.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:Watching him tonight really reminded me of the way he'd picked us apart the last couple years or so. He's really an amazing PG. I haven't seen his kind of vision from a Laker since Magic.

There was that one pass to Clark for a dunk at the end of the shot clock that especially stood out to me as fantastic vision
GoldHammish

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Not even just the vision but the efficient scoring to go along with it. Just really fantastic offensive prowess.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 pm

hes the new one man defensive stopper on fastbreaks now
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 pm

Kobe and Nash having nearly identical statlines made me chuckle

Kobe: 16 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers

Nash: 14 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:48 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:hes the new one man defensive stopper on fastbreaks now

seriously, 2 in one game
lakersyunowin

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kobe and Nash having nearly identical statlines made me chuckle

kobe would never do it, but steve should try to convince him to make a sequel to this:
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kobe and Nash having nearly identical statlines made me chuckle

kobe would never do it, but steve should try to convince him to make a sequel to this:

My life would be complete seeing a Kobe-Nash sequel to this :man10:
GoldHammish

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Nash the gunner was fun to watch for a few posessions, he can shoot whenever he wants to me. Also looks like he has his handles back fully, guys are rarely taking the ball away from him like they were earlier in the season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:36 am

Not sure why we have waited for so long to set good screens for him ... hopefully the Nash/D12 combo will keep clicking for the rest of the season as it did tonight
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 am

Anyone remember that cross on Bradley and the jumper in Wilcox' face? That made me so "damn".
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am

Nash is just so skilled. One of the most fundamentaly sound players I've ever seen. Passing skills, dribbling, shooting, finishing, all extremely fine tuned.

I posted in the GD thread that IMO his pull-up jumper is probably the best or top 3 in NBA history. Only argument against it IMO is that he isn't a leaper so he can't really hang in the air before shooting it like Kobe or MJ. But still, it's an almost perfect shot. Exquisite technique, mechanical release, perfect arc, he can shoot it falling/fading to either side...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 am

He doesn't even need to hang in the air, because he so good at creating his own shot. He gets enough space for that perfect release. I am always surprised when he misses a shot, whether it's a set shot, released while running, off one foot, whatever.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am

It was good to see Nash looking to take shots off the pick and rolls with Howard. Congrats to him in passing Johnson on the list.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Not sure why we have waited for so long to set good screens for him ... hopefully the Nash/D12 combo will keep clicking for the rest of the season as it did tonight

^^ This, this, this x1 million. Now, finally, with the season in the balance, we get the DEVASTATING Howard/Nash pick and roll that I've been waiting so many months to see. I have no idea why it's taken this long. I know that Howard was hurt and then Nash was hurt, so there wasn't a whole lot of time for these two to develop the P and R game, which relies so much on timing and getting used to one another.

But those dumb slip screens that Howard was running were utterly useless. And not just a little useless. They were completely ineffective for what seems like months now. I don't know who to blame, D' Antoni or Howard or both, but I couldn't for the life of me understand why Howard wasn't setting full bodied screens for Nash on ball.

Last night I saw the Steve Nash I've been dreaming would lead our team ever since he was traded here. I also saw the realization of that Nash/Howard tandem that I dreamt of as well. It was phenomenal. And it was unstoppable.

This is why I was so irate earlier in the summer and into the season with the whole Princeton offense thing. This is why I didn't understand using D' Antoni run and gun and launching threes . . .

All I've wanted to see since day one was what I got to see last night. And guess what? It worked. And not only did it work, but it was beautiful to watch. And not only that, it was simple. And it was easy. It was basketball 101.

It didn't take some system. It didn't take any complex planning or sophisticated thought. All it took was Nash insisting that they do it. And it was unbeatable.

I was happier last night as a Laker fan than I've been all season. That was basketball. That was Nash at his finest, that was Dwight playing smart, and that was incredible combination.

The old axioms are true. It's not rocket science out there on the court. Playing to your guys' strengths should be the first order of business. And a steady diet of that pick and roll with Nash and Howard is where we should focus until someone shows they can stop it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldHammish on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Yikes... That free throw :man10:
GoldHammish

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion