Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

What exactly is wrong with him? haven't been on twitter much these past few days and I must've missed the diagnosis
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Will he be able to play at all these next 8 games??? Wow. That Wiz game looms large. That and Utah coming back to win in Port
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 am

He was having muscle spasms in his hips, but tonight it was his hamstring - a strain. Depends upon how serious it is. He is supposed to be examined in LA today. So I'll keep my eyes open for an update.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby nickvanexel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

Still no news for him??
nickvanexel

Postby clubsoto24 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 am

He's not playing tonight because of the hip injury.
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm sorry but he needs to go in the offseason. His health is going downhill fast & he's not going to play up to his potential as long as Kobe is in a Lakers jersey. Kobe demands more defensive attention when he handles the ball & it's easier for him to make plays. Hopefully we can send him home to Canada for Lowry + pieces. If we can't get a younger athletic PG for him maybe we package him with Metta & land a starting SF.
lakersin4

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Yep with Kobe being the PG and the way Blake has shot the 3 , unfortunately Nash isn't that needed ...

Blake isn't a great defender but he's feisty and never gives up while Nash would get owned by any backup PG ...
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:28 am

win or lose this year, time to retire...at worst by end of next season. He's not gona last for the 3rd year.
khmrP

Postby karacha on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 am

No, he's not, but we'll keep him for next year and trade his expiring. Nothing wrong with that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 am

If we manage to win the 'ship next season, I think he'll hang it up.

I thought all along that he'll retire with Kobe. With increased talks of next year being Kobe's last, I think it will be Nash's finale as well.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 am

JSM wrote:If we manage to win the 'ship next season, I think he'll hang it up.

I thought all along that he'll retire with Kobe. With increased talks of next year being Kobe's last, I think it will be Nash's finale as well.

trade him back to the Suns for a TPE :man1: so he can retire as a Sun.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 am

Anyone think he might hang 'em up this summer?

He's had nothing but injuries to go along with what is probably his worst season in a long time. Or does he hold on one more year and either risk hurting the team more or himself?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:49 am

I'd rather he retire than go through another season like this. Was hoping he'd at least have a chance to compete for a ring after joining this team, but to see him go out like this is sad.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I'd rather he retire than go through another season like this. Was hoping he'd at least have a chance to compete for a ring after joining this team, but to see him go out like this is sad.

I see nothing sad about it, he got his money, he got his preference of playing close to home/family and chance to compete (at least to start off with). Its us who should be sad, I fore one questionned the excitement since day 1 of his signing. Yea he's better than anything we had over the years but giving a 39yr old nearly 10mill/yr with a well document back problem was questionnable. Neither of the two other options on his radar would've been any better (NY/Tor). NY is at a better record than us but IMO he would not have fit that team any better then what current Felton is doing. Beside's playing off ball, Nash didn't have to sacrifice anything of sorts to come here, pretty much got his cake and ate it too. Now Jamison on the other hand actually gave up a whole bunch more in monetary compensation to come here.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 26m
Steve Nash did not practice Thursday. He's listed as doubtful for tomorrow's Grizzlies game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Havent we always had ATROCIOUS PG defense and won rings anyways? He isnt any worse than D-Fish on D and brings much more on offense. Hes a keeper as long as hes healthy

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

The Rock wrote:Havent we always had ATROCIOUS PG defense and won rings anyways? He isnt any worse than D-Fish on D and brings much more on offense. Hes a keeper as long as hes healthy

You wouldn't rather have a younger, quicker PG who plays defense? Nash is still a huge name we can get good value for him. I just don't think he fits our needs as well as a player like I described.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 pm

People who think we're trading Nash are out of their mind.

Not unless Nash and Phoenix want to hook up again. He came here to win first, but also because it is near his kids. We're not going to be the jerks that trade a guy like Nash away from his kids.

He's either a Laker or he retires.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:People who think we're trading Nash are out of their mind.

Not unless Nash and Phoenix want to hook up again. He came here to win first, but also because it is near his kids. We're not going to be the jerks that trade a guy like Nash away from his kids.

Maybe he wants to retire in Canada.. I'd be happy with Lowry. Maybe Mitch can get us glass ankles Curry & keep Nash in Cali close to his kids.
lakersin4

Postby kenzo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
The Rock wrote:Havent we always had ATROCIOUS PG defense and won rings anyways? He isnt any worse than D-Fish on D and brings much more on offense. Hes a keeper as long as hes healthy

You wouldn't rather have a younger, quicker PG who plays defense? Nash is still a huge name we can get good value for him. I just don't think he fits our needs as well as a player like I described.

We had one in Sessions... how did that worked out? :man9:
kenzo

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:12 am

Lakers are not trading Nash, and he will be around until the contract ends.

I don't think Nash has been that big of a factor one way or the other this year, and that should be shocking. He isn't so bad that you laugh and turn off the game. He also isn't what we thought we were getting. Turns out Steve Nash on the Lakers is a streaky shooter with good ball handling who gets screened really easily. I don't think LA is better without him, I just don't think they're very much better WITH him either.

I don't know what he would look like running the team without Kobe, but it doesn't matter. Much of what made Nash a legend is NOT on display in LA. It isn't his fault, and he's doing his best but...

...It didn't up being the right move. Bummer.

Then again, if we make the playoffs? Maybe that's where Sessions folds and Nash rises. It's a pressure cooker, and Mitch build a veteran squad.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 am

lakersin4 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:People who think we're trading Nash are out of their mind.

Maybe he wants to retire in Canada.. I'd be happy with Lowry. Maybe Mitch can get us glass ankles Curry & keep Nash in Cali close to his kids.

Are his kids in Canada or Phoenix?

And the difference between Phoenix and LA and Phoenix and Oakland is pretty damn far.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 21m
D'Antoni after Sat. practice on Nash: "I don't think he's going to go tomorrow." Would (essentially) be his 4th straight game out.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

We are really missing his weak side 3 point shooting.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 pm

F***... This is putting so much pressure on the team... Especially Kobe.

I don't understand how a team can have this many injuries...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:36 am

because our team D and the others positions were solid enough on D to counter Fish weakness which clearly isn't the case today ... plus NBA style of play has changed a lot these latest 3 seasons
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion