Steve Nash Discussion: Retiring; Lakers Disabled Exception

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 am

Love Nash, but his body is breaking down quick. I doubt he can succeed at being our starting PG for the next 2 years...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby nthydro on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 am

I can't help but notice a disturbing trend with the latest PGs who come to our team. They are initially hailed as saviors by people on this board but by the end of their first season/playoff run with us, everyone is calling for their head :man10:

Will Nash join Blake and Sessions? Sure looks like it.
nthydro

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 am

nthydro wrote:I can't help but notice a disturbing trend with the latest PGs who come to our team. They are initially hailed as saviors by people on this board but by the end of their first season/playoff run with us, everyone is calling for their head :man10:

I wouldn't call that a trend, I'd call it warranted. Also, Blake and Sessions were never hailed as saviors, in fact many posters went out of their way to point out right when we traded for him that while Sessions was very good and had potential to be even better, he was NOT going to save last seasons team. Blake, I don't remember anyone saying anything more than he would be solid and mean less playing time for an aging Fisher. Of course expectations were higher for Nash though, he's been one of the best PG's in the NBA for a decade .
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:21 pm

When describing his injured hamstring, Steve Nash said, "it feels like when you go to use it, it grabs."
"You let up because you feel like you're going to tear it," he added. These are not the kind of quotes the Lakers want to hear right now, and although he's tentatively targeting a return on Friday, he's going to have to do a lot of healing to have a realistic shot of playing vs. Golden State. The team is apparently waiting until Nash is 100 percent, but he is unlikely to be full strength until next season.

:freak2:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby borri on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Weezy wrote:
nthydro wrote:I can't help but notice a disturbing trend with the latest PGs who come to our team. They are initially hailed as saviors by people on this board but by the end of their first season/playoff run with us, everyone is calling for their head :man10:

I wouldn't call that a trend, I'd call it warranted. Also, Blake and Sessions were never hailed as saviors, in fact many posters went out of their way to point out right when we traded for him that while Sessions was very good and had potential to be even better, he was NOT going to save last seasons team. Blake, I don't remember anyone saying anything more than he would be solid and mean less playing time for an aging Fisher. Of course expectations were higher for Nash though, he's been one of the best PG's in the NBA for a decade .

I only liked Nash if we ran a half court system. Antoni hire was the worst of all scenarios. A broke down Nash is a direct result of it.
borri

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

I just don't MISS Nash that much on the court. I think he has gotten by largely free of criticism this year, despite that fact that he has OPENLY SURRENDERED THE SEASON TO THE MEDIA, turned the ball over, shot badly as much as well, and is a massive liability on defense.

Nash has arguably been the worst fit of all the signings.
SpencerHarrison

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
When describing his injured hamstring, Steve Nash said, "it feels like when you go to use it, it grabs."
"You let up because you feel like you're going to tear it," he added. These are not the kind of quotes the Lakers want to hear right now, and although he's tentatively targeting a return on Friday, he's going to have to do a lot of healing to have a realistic shot of playing vs. Golden State. The team is apparently waiting until Nash is 100 percent, but he is unlikely to be full strength until next season.

Just retire then man... Nagging injuries only nag worse when you're older. We need you now and if you can't perform now, I just don't see there being much use going forward. He's looked like some cruel joke of a Nash that we thought we were getting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Steve we need you back ASAP. Next year... just retire if you can't play, but right now we could really use your shooting.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:

Just retire then man... Nagging injuries only nag worse when you're older. We need you now and if you can't perform now, I just don't see there being much use going forward. He's looked like some cruel joke of a Nash that we thought we were getting.

honestly we shouldn't even be surprised, we should've seen it coming. Not only with his age but Pho medical staff gets their rep for being the best at being able to revive players career and keep them healthy for a reason.
khmrP

Postby nthydro on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Can't believe some people were saying Nash signing was more important than the D12 signing. Then again I think most of them were bitter Bynum supporters.

In hindsight we would've been better with Sessions coming off the bench behind Blake or vice versa.
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:31 pm

nthydro wrote:Can't believe some people were saying Nash signing was more important than the D12 signing. Then again I think most of them were bitter Bynum supporters.

Not really.

Nash was SUPPOSED to help take the ball out of Kobe's hands so he wasn't forced to do everything. Nash ended up getting hurt the 2nd game of the season and the exact OPPOSITE happens. Nash was the ONLY other guard we had that could control the ball.

Bynum (at the time) wasn't that far behind Dwight in terms of basketball skill. In fact offensively he is/was much more talented. And he showed that he could make a great impact defensively and on the glass when he wanted to.

The step from Blake to Nash was a far greater step this summer than the step from Bynum to Howard.

Obviously retrospect changes things, but they weren't unjustified in their remarks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:50 pm

nthydro wrote:In hindsight we would've been better with Sessions coming off the bench behind Blake or vice versa.

Don't worry. Sessions has talent, but he wasn't ready for the big stage. We'll get a better PG, trust me. :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:40 pm

karacha wrote:
nthydro wrote:In hindsight we would've been better with Sessions coming off the bench behind Blake or vice versa.

Don't worry. Sessions has talent, but he wasn't ready for the big stage. We'll get a better PG, trust me. :man1:

Well we had a better point guard, for about an hour :bang:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:45 pm

sessions would have been amazing as a backup pg. wish he stayed bc he'd be doing the same thing he was doing this year but for the LAKERS.

Does Nash's injury have any similarity with Spurs Manu's? seems like Pop keeping him out just bc they don't really need him as they don't care if they fall to 2nd. they prefer it so they don't play us. sitting Parker too for "soreness" so I think Nash's injury is worse but not sure
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

nash has been a disappointment this year...as a leader both on and off the court. add his injuries on top of that, no bueno. he can still shoot well (when healthy) and the man looks good in a suit, but that's about it.
lakersyunowin

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Nash is pulling a Robert Horry on us...no show during the regular season, daggers come playoffs...just watch
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Too bad we didn't keep Sessions. I was pretty hard on the kid, but we could sure use him right now. he'd be an excellent backup.

We we retained Sessions, and resigned Matt Barnes we would be looking a lot better right now.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 pm

^ Indeed. And I'll take it a step further. Shannon Brown.
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Too bad we didn't keep Sessions. I was pretty hard on the kid, but we could sure use him right now. he'd be an excellent backup.

We we retained Sessions, and resigned Matt Barnes we would be looking a lot better right now.

Barnes was injured 2 years in a row right before playoffs and did not like Brown as the coach.

Sessions faded in the playoffs and wasn't what we were looking for DEFENSIVELY.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

His shooting has been a great asset and that's all ...

- running the offense through Kobe : more effective

- running the offense through Pau : more effective

- to decrease Kobe responsabilities in the O, especially in 4th quarters : FAIL

- Blake D >>>>> Nash D

The Nash experience : FAIL... his inability to run a efficient offense isn't totally on him though ... the roster doesn't fit his style of play
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:02 am

Nash for Wall, Jrue, Conley, or another athletic young PG with star potential is one of the most important moves we can make this offseason.
lakersin4

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 am

lakersin4 wrote:Nash for Wall, Jrue, Conley, or another athletic young PG with star potential is one of the most important moves we can make this offseason.

none of those teams would make that move. but then again, mitch is a wizard (not the washington kind, the real kind)
lakersyunowin

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 am

lakersyunowin wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Nash for Wall, Jrue, Conley, or another athletic young PG with star potential is one of the most important moves we can make this offseason.

none of those teams would make that move. but then again, mitch is a wizard (not the washington kind, the real kind)

Maybe we can package Pau's expiring with Nash.. Or Jordan Hill if we're going to keep Pau & let his contract expire.. Nash is still a good asset for a team that wants to hand him the keys to the offense. In a perfect world, take on Conley & Z-Bo's long term contracts for Pau & Nash..
lakersin4

Postby LOSLAKERS on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:03 am

yup im disappointed in nash as well in terms of being a leader.
LOSLAKERS

Postby escobar8 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 am

i agree he didnt meet all expectations...but the guy is getting to much critic here...
he is by far best pg we had since magic (except maybe nick)...but he got injured as soon season started and with all drama surrounding lakers it was hard to develope good chemistry...
give him better roster and he would give us better games...becouse as soon somebody gets back another player goes down,and its hard to keep good rytham...
blame mda or maybe kobe for not giving ball to nash at the end...we all now that kobe is the laker leader and not nash...
give me healthy roster with solid back up SF and nash as pg and it would be diffrent song...
his D is bad but i am used at that on our pg position, i dont believe anybody expected to get mvp nash...
i will take 12p-7as 50-43-92 anyday...
we only need more balanced roster and we will be fine...
escobar8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion