Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: doubtful for Houston (145)

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

WELP

https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper
When you hear the word epidural it means there is nerve inflammation. It means you are talking about treating the nerve at it's originSPINE!

There r 2 things that primarily cause thigh pain. Either the problem stems from the structures there or the pain is referred from the spine.

Steve Nash won't play WED night. Getting an epidural for nerve inflammation is most troubling. When structural injury lead to nerve=concern

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm

If it's that serious he needs to shut it down. And the disappointment with him has escalated quickly, but it's been on my mind for a while now, he hasn't looked like the same old Nash the entire season. He gets the ball stolen a lot by quicker guards, he stumbles and falls way more than I ever remember, he's looked old and like the league has passed him up a lot of the time, other than his ability to shoot that age can't take away. I don't think it's crazy to think out loud that if he's having this many health issues that retirement has to at least be brought up.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Yeah he's had chronic back issues and if there's nerve damage right now originating from his spine...

He might be forced to retire this summer after all.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

The Rock wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
kenzo wrote:Won't play this season :bang: I knew it :man6:

That's why we should have kept Sessions LOL, Steve is breaking down quick! We already had a solid 26 year old PG why would we let him go? Sure he was terrible at times vs OKC but don't forget Mike Brown slowed him down. He would be perfect for this offense.

Uhh we had Mike Brown as our coach to start the year

So what? Even then he changed his offense from last year & it doesn't make Sessions any older. He was a good fit for our team, more than we can say for Nash who has basically been out all year.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Would he walk away from $20 mil though? How can he retire while another teammate is right there trying to come back from a serious injury. Im just thinking out loud here playing devil's advocate, not taking sides either way

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby nthydro on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Who would've though we be without our starting back court in the playoffs?? F**k the Basketball Gods :disagree:
nthydro

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
The Rock wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
kenzo wrote:Won't play this season :bang: I knew it :man6:

That's why we should have kept Sessions LOL, Steve is breaking down quick! We already had a solid 26 year old PG why would we let him go? Sure he was terrible at times vs OKC but don't forget Mike Brown slowed him down. He would be perfect for this offense.

Uhh we had Mike Brown as our coach to start the year

So what? Even then he changed his offense from last year & it doesn't make Sessions any older. He was a good fit for our team, more than we can say for Nash who has basically been out all year.

Sessions was pretty much gone the 1st week of free agency he wanted no part of Mike Brown, we didnt have Howard, Jamison, Meeks, etc etc and there was talk about Pau getting traded. And lets face it we had Sessions last year and instead Steve Blake was playing 4th Q minutes ahead of him vs DEN and OKC series, it just wasnt working out as the year progressed, there was no reason for him to return to the team on 1st week of July or for the team to beg for his services

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 pm

The Rock wrote:Would he walk away from $20 mil though? How can he retire while another teammate is right there trying to come back from a serious injury. Im just thinking out loud here playing devil's advocate, not taking sides either way

I think he still gets paid part of it even if he retires, though I'm not sure exactly how it works.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:Would he walk away from $20 mil though? How can he retire while another teammate is right there trying to come back from a serious injury. Im just thinking out loud here playing devil's advocate, not taking sides either way

I think he still gets paid part of it even if he retires, though I'm not sure exactly how it works.

I dont think he even gets paid 50%. I remember there was a huge controversy regarding this with Portland Darius Miles and then Portland/Brandon Roy last year

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Steve Blake for MVP.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm pretty sure he gets paid a good portion of it. Probably whatever it's insured for, I think I read it was 80%.

The controversy is that if he comes BACK to the NBA his original contract is upheld meaning we'd be on the hook for the 9 million dollars a year even though he's not on our team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm

why is it not surprising that he leaves phoenix (and that medical staff) and he his body just implodes

this sure re-opens that old cp3 wound........
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lotus on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 pm

This franchise is blowing cash like there's no tomorrow. I would say amnesty him, but they have a couple of players ahead in line for that to consider.
lotus

Postby OX1947 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:why is it not surprising that he leaves phoenix (and that medical staff) and he his body just implodes

this sure re-opens that old cp3 wound........

The climate has just as much to do with health in AZ then the training staff. Something about AZ that helps people cope with health issues. I remember reading about how Doc Holliday went to Arizona to help him live better when he was diagnosed with tuberculosis. Look at Jermaine O'neal. He is another guy who was a walking infirmary the last half decade but this year he looks as healthy as he has been in years.

Thats why blue hairs go there for retirement. And the 300 day a year sun.
OX1947

Postby khmrP on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm

The Rock wrote:
Weezy wrote:

I dont think he even gets paid 50%. I remember there was a huge controversy regarding this with Portland Darius Miles and then Portland/Brandon Roy last year

Miles got paid cause he was forced to retire due to medical reasons and insurance paid out some and Por. paid the rest, Nash retires just cause he wants to he wont get anything.
khmrP

Postby OX1947 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 pm

lotus wrote:This franchise is blowing cash like there's no tomorrow. I would say amnesty him, but they have a couple of players ahead in line for that to consider.

I wouldnt worry about the Lakers cash spending. They just signed a 3-5 billion dollar deal with TW.

The Lakers have one more year to figure things out anyways. My hope is if Nash has a repeat next year of health issues, he retires and settles with a buyout so that would free up another 9 mil off the books for the summer of 2014.

2014 will be the summer the lakers really need to get a PG on this team that can ball with Dwight. I have never seen this many amazing PGs in one era in my life. I would like the Lakers to get one of those guys that summer, whoever would be a free agent at the time.
OX1947

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Love Nash, but he needs to retire in the offseason. He can only damage his body further if he continues like this. We'll find another guard to pair with Blake.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

I really don't feel like dealing with this next year with our starting PG with Kobe coming back from an achilles injury.

Thanks for trying Steve, but we can't afford to go into next season with both starting PG and SG with injury concerns.

He needs to retire and get traded.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Man right now Nash would in a ideal situation..handling the ball and making plays now that Kobe's not playing. He would have the ball 90% of the time and doing what he does best. Creating plays
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby khmrP on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 pm

season wouldn't be where its at without having to deal with another major injury to a starter :man10: ......dream scenario he gets traded back to Pho for a tpe and retires a Sun :man1:
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Nash is a prime victim to the "D'Antoni run you to the ground" effect.

Baron Davis. Jeremy Lin. Felton. Amare.

He needs to learn to step back minutes for players and use his bench.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby SpencerHarrison on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:11 pm

I know some people jumped on me saying I'm glad he's not playing but I totally stand by that.

I read that breakdown of why we need Nash on offense and... I totally don't agree. Gasol had great, open looks. Our 3 point shooters were consistently open. Howard found good position and got a lot of dunks and easy points. A stumbling, bumbling Nash is not what we need. Another thing I hate is this sequence of events:

Game X: "WOW NASH IS CRAZY! EVERY SHOT HE TAKES I BELIEVE IS GOING TO GO IN! SO GLAD WE HAVE HIM!"

Game Y: "WTF Nash couldn't buy a bucket. Well, that won't happen often."

Random News Article the Following Day: "Nash indicated that a tight back had caused the shooting slump, but added that he would be 'fine' for tomorrows game."

Bull. Jumpshots are inherently unreliable. Which is why great scorers have other methods to deliver. Nash no longer does. He can't create or penetrate, can't guard and has no chemistry with anyone on the team offensively.

I'm glad he's not playing, win or lose. I genuinely feel the lakers have a better chance to beat Houston if he does not see minutes.
SpencerHarrison

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Image= Image
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Nash is a prime victim to the "D'Antoni run you to the ground" effect.

What bench?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Nash is a prime victim to the "D'Antoni run you to the ground" effect.

Add Kobe to that list. :bang:

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion