Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: doubtful for Houston (145)

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Dr. Klapper was on 710 and said highly unlikely Nash will be available during playoffs. WELP

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Yup, just like he was perpetually out "1 week" that turned into like 24 games.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

The Rock wrote:Dr. Klapper was on 710 and said highly unlikely Nash will be available during playoffs. WELP

If true then that's unfortunate as he is/was the only other Laker that create his own shot. I was hoping that Nash could but...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Snakebitten season. Well, if we win tomorrow or at least make the playoffs I think that's redemption.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 pm

The Rock wrote:Dr. Klapper was on 710 and said highly unlikely Nash will be available during playoffs. WELP

dr. klapper is usually the most realistic-but-still-bordering-on-optimistic guys out there, so if he's saying that...ruh roh.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby TylerCaviar on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 pm

This.Season.Sucks.

God must be doing some rookie hazing to Dr.Buss up there....because this is not the world i know.
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby OX1947 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:59 pm

TylerCaviar wrote:

This.Season.Sucks.

God must be doing some rookie hazing to Dr.Buss up there....because this is not the world i know.

Couldnt have said it any better...
OX1947

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Actually, Pau and Metta can create their own shot, but... do you want to count on them to win playoff games?

Nah, give the ball to Dwight in the post, use Pau as well and try to hit some outside shots. Hustle like it's your last day on Earth. That's pretty much all we can do.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Wow. I thought he was going to okay by the PO's. Guess not. He's our best shooter, too. Crazy. I'm still holding out hope that by some miracle he can be ready.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 pm

karacha wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Nash is a prime victim to the "D'Antoni run you to the ground" effect.

Baron Davis. Jeremy Lin. Felton. Amare.

He needs to learn to step back minutes for players and use his bench.

What bench?

Not to mention Doc Brown already pointed out that he averaged almost exactly as many minutes p/g as last season :freak2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 pm

DAMN IT CHLOE!

I was really expecting/hoping he'd be ready come post-season. We needed him. Sounds like his injuries are a lot worse than we thought. He just needs to do what's best for him long term because back and spinal issues aren't something you should really play around with...unless you have Phoenix's medical staff to perform their voodoo magic. If he can get healthy, then I'd love to have him back next year and give another crack at this thing. Cause our alternatives are extremely bleak if we have to find a new starting backcourt next season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Armani on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 pm

He is 39, and doesn't have the Suns magic medical staff... so we're screwed. He was never a physical freak, so it's going to take him much longer to recuperate from injuries. Just like the rest of this nightmare season, this didn't work out like it was supposed to. Ugh.
Armani

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm

karacha wrote:Actually, Pau and Metta can create their own shot, but... do you want to count on them to win playoff games?

Nah, give the ball to Dwight in the post, use Pau as well and try to hit some outside shots. Hustle like it's your last day on Earth. That's pretty much all we can do.

Gasol could consistently in the low post...three years ago. World Peace? Sure, like a bull in a china shop sort of way. And...no I don't want to count on them.

Yeah, go inside and pound the rock. Oh...and run back on D like their a***s are on fire. The outside shooting falls on Blake, Jamison, Buckets and that new guy we recently got.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:33 pm

You know this is serious when Dr. Klapper is not optimistic because he's one of the most positive doctors I've you will ever hear.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 am

From the outside looking in , Lakers training staff has had no idea how to handle Nash health and injuries ...

Not sure why they kept pulling the day to day crap for both injuries while everybody had the feeling he will be out for extended periods of time ... and ended being right on both injuries .

1. Poor communication to the public
2. Looks like Lakers staff knows as much about medecine as me i.e very little
wcsoldier81

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 am

He's (basically) been listed as day-to-day since he got hurt in late March. That doesn't make any sense. We dealt with this the first time he was hurt as well. Every you check in its "maybe week, maybe next game".

They hope can return to play in the next several days? WTF man, if he's done just freaking say he's done so I dont have to check on this any more.

Im no physician, but if I diagnose an injury and say that it's probably gonna be healed up in three days, Id imagine it wouldn't take me 3wks watching it not heal to figure out that I misdiagnosed or something.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 am

Tobias Funke wrote:He's (basically) been listed as day-to-day since he got hurt in late March. That doesn't make any sense. We dealt with this the first time he was hurt as well. Every you check in its "maybe week, maybe next game".

They hope can return to play in the next several days? WTF man, if he's done just freaking say he's done so I dont have to check on this any more.

Im no physician, but if I diagnose an injury and say that it's probably gonna be healed up in three days, Id imagine it wouldn't take me 3wks watching it not heal to figure out that I misdiagnosed or something.

we are talking bout our medical staff here right? This is the same one that has strung us along during Bynum injury riddled seasons before so its not something we haven't experienced before.
khmrP

Postby kenzo on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 am

Damn it :man6: With Kobe out he would look AWESOME with Dwight and Pau out there :bang:
kenzo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 27m

D'Antoni said Nash (hamstring) played spirited half court 1-on-1 today and looked good.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 11m

Lakers guard @ Steve Nash said he hopes to play this weekend if in playoffs.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby TylerCaviar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 27m

D'Antoni said Nash (hamstring) played spirited half court 1-on-1 today and looked good.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 11m

Lakers guard @ Steve Nash said he hopes to play this weekend if in playoffs.

Oh ok...so day-to-day? Here we go again...until I see him in a uniform on a court that has a playoff logo on it any progress i hear on Steve gets taken with a grain of Lebron's hair.
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Finally some good news. But... I don't believe anything until I see him on the court. Playing more then 5 minutes.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

He sounded optimistic during the in-game interview tonight. If we get him back for game one or two, that's huge. We desperately need him out there when we hit those 4 minutes stretches without anything seeing the bottom of the net.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Armani on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Even if he comes off the bench, this can be huge vs Spurs to produce an upset and build chemistry for next season.
Armani

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

During OT I was thinking "damn we really need a guy who can get a shot off right here". We didn't have Kobe and we didn't have Nash. If we had just one of those guys, I think we'd have pulled away in the 4th/OT for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Black Sheep91 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 pm

We could really use Nash for the playoffs. During the game tonight, you could tell the ball movement got stagnant at times, and we had to force a shot. With Nash running the show, it would make life easier for Dwight, Pau, and the team overall. If Nash comes back and runs the show, I have a feeling of an upset in the 1st round. Especially if Manu is not completely healthy.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion