Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

nthydro wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:
In three games against Miami since the "Heatles" came together in the summer of 2010, Nash has averaged 10 points and 10 assists while hitting 50 percent of his shots.

This season:
8 points/ 12 assists/ 53% shooting

Book it.

Season average or just against Miami? 8 points is kinda low man.

That was a long time ago I don't remember. :man10:

I think i meant versus Miami. I have my prediction of his stats somewhere else...

edit: here it is:
Nash: 10 points/ 1.6 rebounds/ 12.1 assists/ 0.1 blocsk/ 0.4 steals/ 52.4 FG% / 41.1 3PT%
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ben_ready on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:21 am

I just hope our 3rd string pg Morris can soak up some game from Nash. If nash can help him I swear eventually he should have a stat in front of staples.
"Do you believe in miracles, yes!"
yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby KB24 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 am

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 am

While watching, imagine Dwight/Pau as Gortat in a PNR with Nash. Kobe as Grant Hill for midrange pop.
Can't wait for this season to start
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 am

ben_ready wrote:I just hope our 3rd string pg Morris can soak up some game from Nash. If nash can help him I swear eventually he should have a stat in front of staples.
yell™

Whoa. Did you say Morris should have his own statue outside of Staples Center? Like Magic?

:man3:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 am

therealdeal wrote:
ben_ready wrote:I just hope our 3rd string pg Morris can soak up some game from Nash. If nash can help him I swear eventually he should have a stat in front of staples.
yell™

Whoa. Did you say Morris should have his own statue outside of Staples Center? Like Magic?

:man3:

yell™
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby karacha on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 am

He was talking about Nash, but...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 am

karacha wrote:He was talking about Nash, but...

The way it was worded mixed with the source of the post... it was enough to make me wonder.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 am

KB24 wrote:

poor guy spent all that time making that video then Dwight changed everything we will be doing...

oh and all that video did is make me miss Ramon and hate Blake even more.
Center Court

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

^^ I (dis)like how most of Nash's passes in that vid ended up in missed shots, despite guys being wide-open. Meeks and Jamison were such important signings. Hope the rest of us just learns to shoot better.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:41 pm

dj vitus wrote:^^ I (dis)like how most of Nash's passes in that vid ended up in missed shots, despite guys being wide-open. Meeks and Jamison were such important signings. Hope the rest of us just learns to shoot better.

Don't worry about it too much. There is a thing called "the Nash effect" where players shoot better from the field by feeding off of Nash. Look at guys like Channing Frye and Dudley. The former was never a 3pt shooter prior to PHX and suddenly became one of the deadliest 3 point shooters at the 4 position while taking 5 threes a game. The latter never really shot 3s prior to PHX and suddenly started shooting around 40% from 3 yearly. Even Shannon Brown shot a career high from 3 while taking the most 3s per game hes ever taken. Grant Hill was always a terrible 3pt shooter but as soon as he joined PHX, he started shooting respectable percentages from 3 (even shot 39.5%+ for 2 of the 4 seasons there while playing 80+ games in both those seasons). When Matt Barnes played in PHX, even he shot a percentage that would rank 2nd in his career while attempting the most 3s per game ever in his career. The list goes on and on...
v1n5anity

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:08 pm

V1n5anity wrote:
dj vitus wrote:^^ I (dis)like how most of Nash's passes in that vid ended up in missed shots, despite guys being wide-open. Meeks and Jamison were such important signings. Hope the rest of us just learns to shoot better.

Don't worry about it too much. There is a thing called "the Nash effect" where players shoot better from the field by feeding off of Nash. Look at guys like Channing Frye and Dudley. The former was never a 3pt shooter prior to PHX and suddenly became one of the deadliest 3 point shooters at the 4 position while taking 5 threes a game. The latter never really shot 3s prior to PHX and suddenly started shooting around 40% from 3 yearly. Even Shannon Brown shot a career high from 3 while taking the most 3s per game hes ever taken. Grant Hill was always a terrible 3pt shooter but as soon as he joined PHX, he started shooting respectable percentages from 3 (even shot 39.5%+ for 2 of the 4 seasons there while playing 80+ games in both those seasons). When Matt Barnes played in PHX, even he shot a percentage that would rank 2nd in his career while attempting the most 3s per game ever in his career. The list goes on and on...

That definitely gives me hope. We'll just have to wait and see. If it has pretty much the same effect with our superstar squad, then holy cow, we won't lose a game all season.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Our biggest addition this season IMO.

We go as far as Kobe brings us. Bynum is a great center, easily 1-2 in the game. We could go far with him. We needed what Nash brings more than anything.

He's our most important player next season. Shoot the lights out my man, we live and die with your abilities.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Azndude2190 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 pm

It makes me absolutely ecstatic to know we'll finally have a legitimate PG in a long time. Ramon Sessions kind of gave us a taste of what that was last season, but Nash is light years ahead of the PG we've had in recent years,i.e., Fisher, Blake, Smush Parker.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

While watching, imagine Dwight/Pau as Gortat in a PNR with Nash. Kobe as Grant Hill for midrange pop.
Can't wait for this season to start

Man I could watch Nash all day. Such a unique player. This season is gonna be so fun!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thkthebest on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 am

Not sure if this was posted: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ffensively

"Nash’s teams in Phoenix and Dallas led the league in offensive efficiency for nine straight seasons from 2001-02 to 2009-10."

That is insane, but the stat is wrong according to basketball reference.

Nash's team lead the league in offensive efficiency in 6 out of those 9 seasons and just barely missed 1st place in 3 of them, which is still amazing.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Juronimo on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Our biggest addition this season IMO.

I agree, in the short term anyway, this is bigger than the Dwight acquisition. Nash will completely open up the offensive side of the floor.

One of the main issues we had was getting high percentage looks. We shoot too many 3's out of rhythm and couldn't capitalize on double teams properly. Nash will fix a lot of that. Teams will have to try stop Nash from passing or stop Nash from shooting or stop Nash from getting in the paint and compromising the other team's interior defense. You can't stop all 3. And you still have Kobe and Pau to contend with and once Howard is 100% ready just watch how things open up.

I expect higher percentage looks which means less runouts which compromised our defense last year since we always found ourselves having to play transition defense last season due to poor shot selection.

I can't wait until the season starts.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 am

thkthebest wrote:Not sure if this was posted: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ffensively

"Nash’s teams in Phoenix and Dallas led the league in offensive efficiency for nine straight seasons from 2001-02 to 2009-10."

That is insane, but the stat is wrong according to basketball reference.

Nash's team lead the league in offensive efficiency in 6 out of those 9 seasons and just barely missed 1st place in 3 of them, which is still amazing.

From 2004 (when Nash signed) until 2010 (when Amar'e left), the Suns led the league in offensive efficiency (pts per 100 possessions).
v1n5anity

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm

New Video - Nash: "It's a Great Fit For Me"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/video/clip?id=8298793

Watching this video the biggest thing that I think Nash will also help the Lakers with his making sure we never get too full of ourselves. I remember on this forum when his press conference was going on some members said that he didn't sound or look completely excited compared to how Dwight looked. Nash has never won a title a well as Dwight has never won a title. Nash knows that we'll have our struggles this year growing into a team that has the possibility of being incredible.

Chemistry and hard work have to come before winning in this league and currently on this team and Steve Nash knows this better than most.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Nash is so articulate. He says all the right things, and he does it effortlessly.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:05 pm

karacha wrote:He says all the right things, and he does it effortlessly.

shouldn't this be a given? sadly with NBA players one always expects pure witlessness.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:02 pm

KB24 wrote:

Great breakdown of what Nash brings to the table. Is there a player with a higher basketball IQ in the NBA than Nash?
Frank Dux

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

KB24 wrote:
karacha wrote:He says all the right things, and he does it effortlessly.

shouldn't this be a given? sadly with NBA players one always expects pure witlessness.

When you have guys who can't put a sentence together... no, it should not be a given. :man10: I know, it's kinda sad.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Steve Nash - The 20Min. Workout

Postby darkice18 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:52 pm

:jam2:
darkice18

Re: Steve Nash - The 20Min. Workout

Postby TIME on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 pm

It's been posted before but it's a cool video.

I'm going to merge this with the big Nash thread.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion