Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 am

one of the greatest shooters in nba history as a PG who averages double digit assists...and hes 19th. ya okay
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 am

At this stage of his career 19 is about right ... anyways , ranking all players in the league regardless of their position isn't the best thing to do
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 am

At this stage of his career 19 is about right ... anyways , ranking all players in the league regardless of their position isn't the best thing to do
wcsoldier81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:50 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:At this stage of his career 19 is about right ... anyways , ranking all players in the league regardless of their position isn't the best thing to do

The PG position is by far the most talented and deepest in the league. Nash is still arguably top 3 as far as point guards are concerned. It definitely should affect his ranking. Last season he posted phenomena numbers on a mediocre team. Can't wait to see what he does with the most talented roster in pro basketball.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:ESPN says hes the 19th best player in the NBA

He's higher than that. At least top 15. At the point guard position only Paul and Westbrook are better IMO.

Deron Williams says hello. I love Steve Nash - especially on our team with the veterans and Dwight, but he's not in his prime any more. Even though I dislike him, I don't see how you would not have Rondo above him as well.

But man, am I ecstatic about getting Nash. He was the perfect guy to get in this scenario to go along with Pau and Howard. Our pick and roll is going to be absurd.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 am

They ranked Blake Griffin number 14, I wouldn't exactly call that ranking system a great indicator of the talent level/ranking in the NBA.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

He's higher than that. At least top 15. At the point guard position only Paul and Westbrook are better IMO.

Deron Williams says hello. I love Steve Nash - especially on our team with the veterans and Dwight, but he's not in his prime any more. Even though I dislike him, I don't see how you would not have Rondo above him as well.

But man, am I ecstatic about getting Nash. He was the perfect guy to get in this scenario to go along with Pau and Howard. Our pick and roll is going to be absurd.

Yeah, I'd say Nash probably rounds out in the top 5 still in PGs behind Williams, Paul, Westbrook, and Rajon Rondo, maybe even Tony Parker. I think next season we'll be talking about Irving and Wall being better than him as well.

But for our team Nash is the perfect fit. Still great, able to control the ball and tempo, able to execute a beautiful pick and roll, and he doesn't need the ball as much as those other guys. At his age, it's better to spread the ball anyway to keep him fresh and effective.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 am

Irving will be a top PG in years to come. But i think PG's now can be divided into 2 categories anyways. I think theres a huge difference in PG's like Nash or Rondo compared to Westbrook or D-Rose. I think Nash is behind only CP3 and Rondo when it comes to true pass first double digit assist PG's. Guys like Westbrook, D-Rose, etc. can def put up great assist numbers but they play way different than traditional PG's and are more undersized quick shooting guards that anything. They are amazing dont get me wrong but i think when comparing players at the PG position there should be 2 categories bc their play styles are way different. I think CP3, Rondo, Nash, & maybe Deron are in a category of their own when it comes to PG's.
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Top PGs in the NBA are CP3, Williams, Rondo, Nash, Westbrook, Parker and Rose. Except that Westbrook and Rose are combo guards and Rose can't even play right now.

So, in terms of pure 1s, it's CP3, Deron, Rondo, Nash and Parker. You can arrange them in pretty much any order, except that CP3 will end up being #1 for most people. Rondo is the best defender and rebounder, Nash the best shooter in addition to having the highest BB IQ, Parker the best defense 'penetrator' and Deron is the "jack of all trades" in this group.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Nash is definitely higher than 19, but who really cares about rankings from ESPN.

I realized one of those things I'm most excited about is our first game to come down to a game-winner. So sick of the predictable Kobe isos to end a game that almost always ended in disaster. I seriously don't see how anyone can guard us in that situation now
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

How is Williams better? He doesn't play any defense, isn't as efficient as Nash, and not nearly the playmaker Nash is. Rondo can't shoot and is an overrated defender.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby last stand on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm

yes we know. and we know if rondo or williams were traded to the lakers they would be the best PG in the NBA.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

How is Williams better? He doesn't play any defense, isn't as efficient as Nash, and not nearly the playmaker Nash is. Rondo can't shoot and is an overrated defender.

Hmm......

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Westbrook isn't anywhere near the best point guard in the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose (When healthy)
3. Deron Williams
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Russell Westbrook

I don't wanna trade him either, but it's very difficult to pass up Deron Williams who's argurably the best point guard in the league. The days of needing an elite center to win are over.

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:I don’t get the Westbrook hate at all. I’d trade everyone on the roster, aside from Bryant, for Westbrook. He’s arguably the best guard in the NBA.

He's not even a top 5 guard. I wouldn't trade obviously Kobe or Bynum either.

1. Kobe
2. CP3
3. D-Wade
4. D-Will
5. Rondo

AndrewBynum wrote: Going through Texas Lakers Fan's posts and finding him contradicting himself is easy.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:20 pm

and your Sig comes back to bite someone in the butt again :man10:

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby v1n5anity on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:31 pm

:man10: good ol' Doc Brown putting in work.

See I told you KeepBynum, you like to contradict yourself. Flip flopping every other post.
v1n5anity

Postby MadMax on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Oh, man...people need to watch what they write around here as long as Doc's around.
MadMax

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Doc. LOL :bow:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 pm

karacha wrote:Top PGs in the NBA are CP3, Williams, Rondo, Nash, Westbrook, Parker and Rose. Except that Westbrook and Rose are combo guards and Rose can't even play right now.

So, in terms of pure 1s, it's CP3, Deron, Rondo, Nash and Parker. You can arrange them in pretty much any order, except that CP3 will end up being #1 for most people. Rondo is the best defender and rebounder, Nash the best shooter in addition to having the highest BB IQ, Parker the best defense 'penetrator' and Deron is the "jack of all trades" in this group.

agreed.
Ariza3

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:04 pm

RE: the Williams point guard subject... :man1:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm

KeepBynum flip-flopping :man4: That's something i never saw before :man10:
Doc sccores again :man9:
kenzo

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Someone will be avoiding this thread for a few weeks.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Alcindor on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Hmm......

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Westbrook isn't anywhere near the best point guard in the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose (When healthy)
3. Deron Williams
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Russell Westbrook

I don't wanna trade him either, but it's very difficult to pass up Deron Williams who's argurably the best point guard in the league. The days of needing an elite center to win are over.

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:I don’t get the Westbrook hate at all. I’d trade everyone on the roster, aside from Bryant, for Westbrook. He’s arguably the best guard in the NBA.

He's not even a top 5 guard. I wouldn't trade obviously Kobe or Bynum either.

1. Kobe
2. CP3
3. D-Wade
4. D-Will
5. Rondo

AndrewBynum wrote: Going through Texas Lakers Fan's posts and finding him contradicting himself is easy.

Alcindor

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Too much ownage `
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby last stand on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:48 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Someone will be avoiding this thread for a few weeks.

Lol my thoughts exactly. At least until we are 2 pages away at minimum

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:55 pm

OMFG!
:man10:
D.B. Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion