Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Saturday Return Expected! pg102)

Postby dj vitus on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm trying to not get too giddy when Nash gets back. Lots and lots of ground to make up in the Western Conference. :man5: We need to start climbing the standings immediately and show that we have a winning mentality instead of letting other random teams get easy transition baskets and run us out of the building. Hopefully this Nash + D'Antonio reunion will be the best thing since sliced bread. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 am

Games should be at least more enjoyable to watch with Nashty Nash coming back .... more ball movement and nice assists ...

These latest two seasons have not been fun to watch for Lakers fans regardless of the games results
wcsoldier81

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 am

I can't wait for Nash to return, period. But I'm confused over the headline with the thread title, where was it reported that he's actually playing tomorrow? Everything I've seen or heard said it was going to be the XMAS game. Seems like the headline should be updated to Tuesday.
Lakerjones

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 am

RetroNikes wrote:It's not about a disagreement, it's about you not making any sense.

You can disagree with my prediction about the level of value Nash adds to the team when he comes back, but to say I am not making any sense is not only an unnecessarily insulting thing to say, it also completely misrepresents the situation.

YOU might think it makes no sense for me to say that age and offensive role, when combined with an ADMITTEDLY slow recovery from a very painful and serious structural injury, should cause a drop in FG%... but I believe it to be true. If you can point me to some statistical analysis that conclusively disproves my contention, or some data that at least shows a statistically significant trend in favor of your argument, then I might change my perception...otherwise, it will continue to be my opinion...regardless of your insults.

The fact is, no one knows for sure A. What Nash has left in the tank, especially after a broken bone in his leg and 2 months of inactivity, and B. What Nash's aggregate effect will be on this team's defense, turnovers, free throws and win/loss record for the remainder of the season.

We can all make predictions, and posture and insult and brag at each other...but not one person here KNOWS anything right now. I am choosing to be sober with my expectations of Nash's effect on the team. I know it is apples to oranges, but his play early in the year left MUCH to be desired.

I assume he will improve in a system he knows so well...but how much more room for improvement is there for NASH, when fatigue and pain, offensive role, roster dynamics, lack of continuity and intense pressure will be the primary influential variables in the equation of Lakers success for the rest of the year???

I don't necessarily see a huge improvement. There are just too many fluid unknowns right now...but like I said before, TIME WILL TELL. I HOPE I AM DEAD WRONG.

PS - I agree with LJ! The thread title should be changed to reflect the new info.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby khmrP on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 am

would still like to see him play Sat...dont want him coming back against a solid NY team rusty, we saw what happened with Pau's shot against Cha.
khmrP

Postby Helljumper on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 am

https://twitter.com/KevinDing

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

As I said on @TWCSportsNet, bet on him playing. RT @ThatKidMarco_: @KevinDing so Nash will play tomorrow against the Warriors?

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

It's simple logic that if he feels up to it, Nash will want to get some game action in before the big stage of Christmas vs. Knicks.
Helljumper

Postby Finwë on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 am

:jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 am

If Stevie starts against the warriors and we look good I'm dancing naked on the streets !!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:24 am

Finwë wrote:If Stevie starts against the warriors and we look good I'm dancing naked on the streets !!

I will join you :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:29 am

Can't wait to see him out there.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Can't wait to see him out there.

who nash or finwe? :man1:
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Lqv2015 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 am

LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
Finwë wrote:If Stevie starts against the warriors and we look good I'm dancing naked on the streets !!

This is very awkward.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 am

Snakell Beast wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:It's not about a disagreement, it's about you not making any sense.

You can disagree with my prediction about the level of value Nash adds to the team when he comes back, but to say I am not making any sense is not only an unnecessarily insulting thing to say, it also completely misrepresents the situation.

YOU might think it makes no sense for me to say that age and offensive role, when combined with an ADMITTEDLY slow recovery from a very painful and serious structural injury, should cause a drop in FG%... but I believe it to be true. If you can point me to some statistical analysis that conclusively disproves my contention, or some data that at least shows a statistically significant trend in favor of your argument, then I might change my perception...otherwise, it will continue to be my opinion...regardless of your insults.

There have been a number of players (including other athletes like Michael Phelps) who have improved their shooting or playing technique while rehabbing from injury. But it is also true that it takes time to "get back in the groove," so my impression is that he might not be very effective until after playing for a while.. maybe a month or so?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Possible today, Definitely Xmas p102)

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 am

In the Mike Brown system (or lack of) Nash would have struggled coming back. However this is the system in which he won two MVPs and is tailor made for him. He won't be perfect but he'll immediately improve the team. Curious who falls out of the rotation Duhon or Morris. Duhon runs the offense better but Morris has proven to be arguably the best PG defender (though at times he does get lost too).
cthroatgtr

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 am

How can he be 100% about Christmas but not even feel up to playing a few minutes against GS?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 am

brandonr2001 wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Can't wait to see him out there.

who nash or finwe? :man1:

Nash. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:26 am

I'm sure he'll get some minutes today.
LOSLAKERS

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 am

therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

This is very awkward.

ladies and gentlemen, i give you the gayest music video of all time
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

D.B. Cooper

Postby MusixFinest on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 am

This thread has reached a point where I feel very uncomfortable...
MusixFinest

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 pm

it's guy love, that's all it is
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

WOOOAAAAH! This is what I wake up to? :man10:

Terrible haha

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Jordan-esque on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:39 pm

@ramonashelburne

League source tells ESPNLA that Steve Nash is on track to play tonight vs. Golden State

‏@sam_amick

Lakers PG Steve Nash will play tonight, USA TODAY Sports has learned - http://usat.ly/Zrt9GT

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by Jordan-esque on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby The Rock on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2012/12/22/los-angeles-lakers-vs-golden-state-warriors-steve-nash-will-make-his-season-debut/1786753/

Lakers point guard Steve Nash will play tonight against Golden State, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his situation. Nash has been out since Oct. 31 with a left leg injury. The Lakers have struggled this season without Nash directing new coach Mike D'Antoni's

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion